Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Everything you want to know about where to sit on the 787-10

Hide Wikipost
Old Feb 24, 22, 7:31 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
United 787-10

Seats:
44 Polaris Business
21 Premium Plus
54 Economy Plus
199 Economy

Bassinets: 1AB, 1KL; 20AB, 20DEF, 20JL; 30ABC, 30DEF, 30JKL; 44DEF

Additional information on the United aircraft page: https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...0/default.aspx

Notes on seating:

Polaris: 5A/L are missing a window, making viewing difficult when in upright position.
Premium Plus: All rows have legrests; there is no bulkhead cutout. The toilet between door 2R and PP section has little sound-deafening materials.
E+: 42A/L are missing a window

UA Boeing 787-10 type 78J - aeroLOPA | Detailed aircraft seat plans
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 25, 19, 5:25 am

Best Middle row J seats

So unfortunately all window seats in Polaris are taken any preferred middle seats I should look for or avoid? Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA 1K, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Glob, IHG Dia-AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Flew my first one last week from EWR-LAX.

I've used this seat on the 77W before but wasn't prepared for it feeling more more narrow in a 1-2-1 configuration on the 787. There's definitely limited legroom in the middle. That said, if you're flying with someone the center seats which face forward are a nice way to travel together, though it's really easy to accidentally raise the middle divided without meaning to.
Old Jul 30, 19, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt*Globalist
Just did 12+ hours of 787-10 from IAD to PEK. Sat in 7L
In terms of privacy, Polaris is second to none.

in terms of comfortable, current BusinessFirst on PMUA and 787-8/9 is still better when comparing to the 787-10.

The footwell, though narrower seems be deeper than the 772 and 773, so my knees are well under the tray table in the sleeping position. As a side sleeper, my knees hit the tray table each time I turn my body.

I have no problem in the sitting position, but the sleeping position does feel coffin-like not because of the width of the seat but the footwell.

Others may have different experience.

Overall, the 787-10 is a nice aircraft and the Polaris cabin is nicely finished.
Old Jul 30, 19, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer View Post
I have no problem in the sitting position, but the sleeping position does feel coffin-like not because of the width of the seat but the footwell.
Out of curiosity, how does it compare to the LX 77W? I would have described it similarly.
Old Jul 30, 19, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, Hyatt*Globalist
Originally Posted by findark View Post
Out of curiosity, how does it compare to the LX 77W? I would have described it similarly.
Yes, similarity is there. I guess Polaris on the 787-10 is worse because the footwell is narrower than the LX seat.
Old Jul 30, 19, 6:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by findark View Post
Out of curiosity, how does it compare to the LX 77W?
You're not as close to the floor. IME, that really contributes to the "coffin" feeling on LX.
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by geometry View Post
how bad is the legroom in bulkhead row 30 window?
thanks!
I've only sat in PE, but last week checked out the bulkhead, which seemed to have very generous legroom. Certainly more than the rest of E+ -- people were sitting comfortably with legs extended. I'd be curious to hear from someone with experience, but based on appearance, Row 30 would definitely by my first choice in E+.
Old Aug 15, 19, 11:44 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Plat, IHG Spire, Hilton,Miles&More
787-10 Premium Plus

Req assist from FT Experts!
Just cleared PP for three of us on UA 960 EWR-FRA.
Any advantages between Rows 21, or 22?
(I’ve attempted SeatGuru with no results)
Many Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Select seats on the left side (A, B seats) because the toilet on the right side (K, L) is closer to the PP cabin. You can hear the flush noises.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.024MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Select; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Kmxu View Post
the toilet on the right side (K, L) is closer to the PP cabin.
I thought PP cabin was just a euphemism for the toilet?
higher_flyer likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 2:58 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SilverElite View Post
Just cleared PP for three of us on UA 960 EWR-FRA.
Any advantages between Rows 21, or 22?
Having actually done 5 flights (4 more in the next 6 weeks} in 781 PP sections ( mostly SFO <> EWR) and sat in each row,
- there are no issues with the forward lavs, there is a curtain drawn and traffic is just from the business cabin. Some very sensitive individuals may notice their presences but no worst, no better for Row 20 than any row on other aircraft adjacent to lavs. (Side issue, would be nice if PP was included for the lavs -- but that another discussion)

Row 21, 22 are not adjacent to the lavs, so they are not an issue.

As for Row 21,22 -- there are identical. Row 22 is closer to the E+ cabin and perhaps bassinets. There is a bit of a barrier behind Row 21 which helps. All equal I would go for Row 21.

Note leg rest in 20 are different from 21,22 and taller folks seem not to like them

For generic comments on the seat and experience see Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Just flew this for the first time, EWR-LAX last Friday (8/30/19 4pm) and definitely nice!

Seat 8A, note there's only one window and slightly misaligned. Even this seat which isn't as private as the odd numbered ones, was still plenty private. I couldn't see anyone else when leaning back watching TV or reading.

Good amount of storage space and the direct aisle access is huge. I always prefer a window seat but dread waking someone up to get out.

Great flight overall

cesco.g likes this.

Last edited by tstauck; Sep 3, 19 at 1:55 pm Reason: add photos
Old Sep 3, 19, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k AC 50k BA gold
im excited I have flown on the SQ 787-10 but I just booked the UA 787-10
Old Sep 4, 19, 7:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond (SK); Hilton Diamond + few others
Anybody know if the bulkhead 44 DEF is a bit cramped like some bulkhead seats can be?

I have a prosthetic leg and need more legroom, but sometimes it's actually on the contrary at the bulkhead. I have been assigned 44F for my flight to BRU-EWR. Is it better at the other economy+ seats?
Old Sep 4, 19, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by EBGflyer View Post
Anybody know if the bulkhead 44 DEF is a bit cramped like some bulkhead seats can be?

I have a prosthetic leg and need more legroom, but sometimes it's actually on the contrary at the bulkhead. I have been assigned 44F for my flight to BRU-EWR. Is it better at the other economy+ seats?
You have lots of legroom but it is a high traffic area because of the lavatories.

Row 30 would be a better choice if you can get it.

Search this Thread