Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by onthesam
Please write to UA. This tangy chicken mush needs to stop!
The fake beef soup at LAS is just as bad. „Cheap“ seems to be the only factor for UA.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I will observe a personal 7 day moratorium on complaining about the SFO UCs and their crappy food after my extremely brief foray into the AF lounge at SFO last week. The grass is not always greener.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I will observe a personal 7 day moratorium on complaining about the SFO UCs and their crappy food after my extremely brief foray into the AF lounge at SFO last week. The grass is not always greener.
Big difference is that this is an outstation lounge for AF. A fair comparison would be the AF lounges at CDG vs the UA lounges at SFO. And there AF has UA beat by a mile and then some.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by zeer0
Big difference is that this is an outstation lounge for AF. A fair comparison would be the AF lounges at CDG vs the UA lounges at SFO. And there AF has UA beat by a mile and then some.
Don't really care if you consider it a "fair comparison" or not. Bottom line is the AF lounge at SFO sucks even worse then the UCs.

And btw, the lounge that AF competes with at SFO is Polaris.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Don't really care if you consider it a "fair comparison" or not. Bottom line is the AF lounge at SFO sucks even worse then the UCs.

And btw, the lounge that AF competes with at SFO is Polaris.
That's also an unfair comparison. Any SkyTeam Elite Plus member can get into those lounges, whereas only paid J customers get into the Polaris lounges. Don't mean to take this off topic any further, but this is apples to oranges. I'd rather compare the UCs at SFO to the AA and DL lounges at SFO, the latter of which is so much better than any of the UCs.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm mildly surprised. When I was there a couple of years back they had fairly fresh small baguette sandwiches and wraps, along with passable French wine. I'm guessing there have been some cuts.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
That's also an unfair comparison. Any SkyTeam Elite Plus member can get into those lounges, whereas only paid J customers get into the Polaris lounges. Don't mean to take this off topic any further, but this is apples to oranges. I'd rather compare the UCs at SFO to the AA and DL lounges at SFO, the latter of which is so much better than any of the UCs.
This. Yes, the PLs are a cut above the competition, but for the average club customer, DL and AA offer a better club experience at most airports where the 3 compete. Offhand, the only time I'd pick a UC over an AC or SL is at LHR.
Old May 17, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
ORD B6 this afternoon 2:30-3:00

-No greeting by name
​​​-No hot food items
-No soup left
-No mints or Lifesavers
-No tonic water
-No light beer
-No pop in the self serve station
​​​​​​-Plenty of seating

Have not seen it this picked over in years...
​​​
Old May 17, 2019, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM

-No greeting by name
​​​-No hot food items
-No soup left
-No mints or Lifesavers
-No tonic water
-No light beer
​​​​​​-Plenty of seating

​​​
I went through there a week ago tomorrow. Other than the friendly bartender, I was less than impressed.

That said, I am still very happy with the offerings at the LAX UC these days.
Old May 17, 2019, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by iapetus
I went through there a week ago tomorrow. Other than the friendly bartender, I was less than impressed.

That said, I am still very happy with the offerings at the LAX UC these days.
I'll be enjoying eggs for breakfast out on the patio tomorrow. Thankfully LAX remans consistently wonderful!
Old May 17, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!

-No greeting by name
​​​-No hot food items
-No soup left
-No mints or Lifesavers
-No tonic water
-No light beer
​​​​​​-Plenty of seating

​​​
You hit that "in-between" time when the staff gets rather lax in restocking the food area. There are periods of time, like in the afternoon, when they don't have the hot food selection out and things in general get neglected.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:14 pm

Last weekend in HNL circa 430p they were serving shredded bbq pork and white rice - along with the salad it made for a very reasonable meal. They've done a little bit of re-configuring with the setup as well.

Last edited by Wx4caster; May 18, 2019 at 5:09 pm Reason: added photo
Old May 18, 2019, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
You hit that "in-between" time when the staff gets rather lax in restocking the food area. There are periods of time, like in the afternoon, when they don't have the hot food selection out and things in general get neglected.
Indeed I did. Yesterday was out of the ordinary, however (mints, welcome, tonic, pop, beer, etc).

Back at the LA club today and things are marvelous.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
A dish not seen thus far on FT - @ ORD B18 UC on 06/04/19 around 2015 (8:15 pm):

Better when aided with either sriracha and/or tabasco...

David
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:06 am

Originally Posted by DELee
A dish not seen thus far on FT - @ ORD B18 UC on 06/04/19 around 2015 (8:15 pm):

Better when aided with either sriracha and/or tabasco...

David
Thanks for sharing David -- but ugh!! It looks like the ORD UC's "sweet and sour chicken" flavorless mush has been supplanted by "pepper steak" flavorless mush. Has procuring moderately decent food from Sysco become that hard!!?!? New mush of the month...

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.