Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
ORD B6 club today. This. Is. Not. Edible.

Did manage to piece together a meal howeverh by fishing all of the meatballs out of the Italian wedding soup

Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by zeer0
While breakfast is the only time a domestic UC food spread actually resembles a meal, it still mostly sucks. Crappy sliced breads/pastries/mini muffins, some fresh fruit (if you're lucky berries), yogurt, oatmeal.

Definitely eat in the hotel. If you have Priority Pass there are a couple of restaurant options in T3.
LAX Has a great breakfast spread. I’m pleased every time I’m there. It’s my home club and that’s where I had breakfast the most.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

LAX Has a great breakfast spread. I’m pleased every time I’m there. It’s my home club and that’s where I had breakfast the most.
It's been noted numerous times that LAX and ORD are exceptions. Just like LHR, HKG, and NRT are exceptions. Domestic UC means every non-exception club.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by Flying Machine

+1. I feel very fortunate that I can breakfast my hotel everywhere else, and breakfast at the UC at my home club.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:15 pm

This. I'm realizing that I'm spoiled at LAX, not only by the club but also that I don't have to deal with the rental car situation!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA
Cold cuts are back at BOS today. The person who was working told me they never went away.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by vaguba
Cold cuts are back at BOS today. The person who was working told me they never went away.
per se the cold cuts never went away - you just have to get to the BOS UC between 3-ish and 6-ish in order to partake.

David
Old Apr 12, 2019, 3:47 pm

As part of my ongoing series: "rail against sweet n sour mush chicken" here's photo evidence of the dish as served fresh. This was my first experience with a fresh pan full.

Looks better but still tastes like garbage. Is the idea to save money by having folks consume less food?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Doesn't look so bad to me, like a mild gumbo.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
DCA had what I thought were miniature jelly donuts this morning -- except they were filled with chocolate.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DCA writer
DCA had what I thought were miniature jelly donuts this morning -- except they were filled with chocolate.
How were they?

David
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
Originally Posted by DELee

How were they?

David
I didn't get to try myself--I gave up chocolate for Lent*, and my wife informed me of this ingredient before I could sample one myself. She said the filling was Nutella-esque, which sounds great to me.

* I'm not sure why I do this to myself, since it's not like I set foot in church with any regularity. I guess I like giving myself a culinary challenge!
Old Apr 21, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
UCs are always happy to disappoint, but my highlights last week were the „vegetable and (fake) beef soup“ at LAS and the unfriendly bartender at SFO.

The bartender at SFO was from Hong Kong, she told another traveler, really hard to understand and so miserable it wasn’t pretty. She didn’t seem to understand that a little bit of friendliness will earn you a tip, not the other way around.

I kind of like the UC at LAS for the view, but the food spread was so bad, we decided we will have food outside before we go there next time. The „vegetable and beef soup“, with cubes of what seemed to be highly processed imitation beef (like surimi made from seafood waste instead of real crab meat ...), wins the price of the worst hot food in an airline lounge 2019, at least so far. Do you guys really eat that?

The spread at the UC at LAX was fine, although the quality still low; at least the cheese looked like cheese instead of the yellowish „cheddar“ cubes at some of the other clubs. Like the patio, too.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Was at ORD B6 on Friday. The hot item was their take on sweet and sour chicken. The chicken wasn't breaded or anything. It had vegetables and rice. But the whole thing had the consistency of porridge or a thick soup. Tasted awful. The rest of the stuff was the standard choices. Though they had a whole jar of almonds which mysteriously disappeared when I went back for more.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by eng3
Was at ORD B6 on Friday. The hot item was their take on sweet and sour chicken. The chicken wasn't breaded or anything. It had vegetables and rice. But the whole thing had the consistency of porridge or a thick soup. Tasted awful. The rest of the stuff was the standard choices. Though they had a whole jar of almonds which mysteriously disappeared when I went back for more.
Please write to UA. This tangy chicken mush needs to stop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.