Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by glbltvlr
I agree - and I don't think it will get any shorter even after the remainder of T2 gets built, unless UA manages to get better gate assignments.
Except the UA gates are located near UA lounges. I guess "better gate assignments" references those passengers who don't want to (or don't have access to) UA lounges. UA is hardly going to ask for new gates away from the current lounges.
Old Aug 20, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
The 2k distance doesn't sound right to me unless you ignore the moving walkways and use the elevators rather than walkways and your plane has parked at the very furthest gate and you are at the back of the plane. Normally I can do it in 20 minutes including passport control (e-gates) and collecting my bag.
Twenty minutes sounds about right for 2k steps!
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by physioprof
Twenty minutes sounds about right for 2k steps!
Thanks - just googled it and the average person walks one km per 10 minutes - so I guess my iphone is right...

And for LHRSFO - yes I skip the moving walkways as they are usually clogged with people when I arrive -- but I do take the escalators.... And don't even get me going about the walk to the heathrow express....
Old Aug 20, 2018, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Last January, I arrived on the flight from LAX around noon (I think) and ample time to visit the arrival lounge for a shower and quick snack before going on my way.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Are there still showers in the LHR UC? The UA site does not list them as an amenity, but I don't see why they would take them out. I was planning to come in via ORD and transfer to an Aer Lingus flight, but only if I can access a shower there. Any issues with this?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:48 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by horse glasses
Are there still showers in the LHR UC? The UA site does not list them as an amenity, but I don't see why they would take them out. I was planning to come in via ORD and transfer to an Aer Lingus flight, but only if I can access a shower there. Any issues with this?
The United Club (UC) does have showers.
But your plan won't work.
Unless travelling in Business (Polaris), you will not have access to the Arrivals Lounge (as discussed ad infinitum up-thread).
As you are taking Aer Lingus (EI) you will have no access to the UC as your departing flight is not *A.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
..As you are taking Aer Lingus (EI) you will have no access to the UC as your departing flight is not *A.
Doesn't OP (showing UA Gold status), get UC access w/ arrival in UA on same-day intl flight? And if Club member (or has Chase credit card pass), OP definitely gets UC access w/ same-day flight on any airline (arriving UA or departing EI). And EI (I think) is in T2.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Sep 7, 2018 at 10:46 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Doesn't OP (showing UA Gold status), get UC access w/ arrival in UA on same-day intl flight? And if Club member (or has Chase credit card pass), OP definitely gets UC access w/ same-day flight on any airline (arriving UA or departing EI). And EI (I think) is in T2.
OP should have access.. the issue becomes he will have to clear immigrations (for transfers) (which is in Term 2A) then backtrack from 2A thru the long tunnel to 2B (where the UC is) then back thru the tunnel once again to 2A where the EI gates are. Huge pain in the butt if you ask me.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gmt4
OP should have access.. the issue becomes he will have to clear immigrations (for transfers) (which is in Term 2A) then backtrack from 2A thru the long tunnel to 2B (where the UC is) then back thru the tunnel once again to 2A where the EI gates are. Huge pain in the butt if you ask me.
I think that only requires 15min at most.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fumje
I think that only requires 15min at most.
Not even close. Its ~20 mins from the UA gates in 2B thru the underground tunnel to transfer immigrations in 2A. Three trips thru the tunnel would be required. (2B->2A->2B-2A). Factor in time for the transfer immigrations process as well. Lots of time wasted just to visit the UC.

A better solution is to use the Term 2A Plaza Premium lounge showers if you have a credit card that offers Priority Pass access. That lounge is right after the Term 2 transfer immigrations in the main Term 2A hall, just beyond the escalators that take you down thru the big duty free shop and on to all gates.

Last edited by gmt4; Sep 7, 2018 at 11:37 am Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:46 am

I was at United's flagship UC in LHR yesterday and was utterly impressed by the selection of food, alcohol and of course the shower. Would be curious to know what UC to try at an outstation like ORD (last time I was at the ORD it left much to be desired).

Safe Travels,

James
Silver Fox likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 7, 2018 at 11:36 am Reason: split post
Old Dec 7, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.7MM (trying to get to 1MM!)
Originally Posted by j2simpso
On a side note, I was at United's flagship UC in LHR yesterday and was utterly impressed by the selection of food, alcohol and of course the shower. Would be curious to know what UC to try at an outstation like ORD (last time I was at the ORD it left much to be desired).
I completely agree! We stopped by the LHR UC yesterday real quick on the way to our gate (after having already visited the LH and SQ lounges because they previously had been much better than UA), and wished we hadn't "wasted my time" at the other lounges and just gone straight to the UC club! Very impressed! ^
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 1:42 am

Unsure if this is the appropriate thread but here goes:

Any ideas what's happening with the UC @ LHR? In particular, will the club remain open whilst UA works on the Polaris lounge? What will happen to the UC after this?! Here's to hoping they maintain this club at their largest hub

-James
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by j2simpso
Unsure if this is the appropriate thread but here goes:

Any ideas what's happening with the UC @ LHR? In particular, will the club remain open whilst UA works on the Polaris lounge? What will happen to the UC after this?! Here's to hoping they maintain this club at their largest hub

-James
When does work start or has it already? I have no clue what will happen other than that. I know my big fear is that we end up with what happened at SFO.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by Silver Fox
When does work start or has it already? I have no clue what will happen other than that. I know my big fear is that we end up with what happened at SFO.
It'll never get that bad. For one, there's the AC MLL, LH Sen and SQ SKL to go to at the Queen's Terminal. Meanwhile when SQ and BR pulled their lounges out of SFO, the lounge situation went from good to bad in a day! Also I kind of like what UA did with the UC there (at least at International Terminal G), we get the old BF lounge which is arguably one of the classier 90s UCs I've been to. For me the real downgrade happened a year or so ago when they thought it smart to remove showers from the Dom UCs.

In any event, I'm preparing myself for this possibility and will try the other lounges the next time I'm at LHR in March.

-James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.