Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
Pre-discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Confirmed Clubs with New Food Offerings:

All domestic clubs now confirmed with some version of the New Food Offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Updates:

October 11, 2017: A new flavor coming to United Clubs
Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by fumje
Would that 7pm be Mauritius time?
Possibly - but at least the post was consistent.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Update on LAX UC breakfast: Only limited fare before 7am (bread, egg salad bar, yogurt bar). The egg, sausage, and oatmeal come out at 7am.
This morning ( 4:45 a.m. ) at LAX UC they also had guacamole, boiled eggs, fruit assortment ( mixed black/blueberries ). Last night I enjoyed miso soup, shredded chicken and great tofu
and udon noodles.

HNL UC is serving kim chee ( regular ) and edamame all day.. In addition at 5 p.m. they brought out delicious cucumber kim chee. Soup is minestrone, although most people prefer the Nissin cup noddles
offered.. Also at 2:30 p.m. they brought out chili and white rice, which according to the food staff is super popular. Fare before the switch was chicken and tuna salad.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:00 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:58 pm

This morning at 7:15 a.m. LAX UC had the eggs, sausages and a taco bar plus the other regular offerings.

I am currently at the ORD UC in the C terminal. I remember from the old days, this just to be a huge club. Now pretty much downsized ( it's essentially occupying the space of the former quiet room ) with disappointing food options. No warm dishes,no soup. Garbanzo beans, spinach, carrot and red beet sticks, broccoli crown and a pasta salad. Plus the cheese cubes and bread. Deeply unsatisfying. This was at 5 p.m.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:59 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
... I am currently at the ORD UC in the C terminal....
It was downsized to make the Polaris Lounge, better to go to one of the other ORD's UCs.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Nothing special at IAH this morning
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:36 pm

Today, Friday night, at UC ORD B Terminal they have Italian Beef. It's a hit with the crowd.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Today, Friday night, at UC ORD B Terminal they have Italian Beef. It's a hit with the crowd.
I hope that they still have it in 3 weeks when I will have my first trip for 2019....I mean a freshly made batch.....
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:06 pm

Maybe I can put in a good word for you
Old Jan 19, 2019, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
What, in Veganuary? Twitter will break!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I hope that they still have it in 3 weeks when I will have my first trip for 2019....I mean a freshly made batch.....
Had it today. It's better than you might think.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by evergrn
Passed through UC in SEA 2 weeks ago, and for the first time I saw Jasmine Numi there. A whole row of them. Unfortunately the Jasmine seemed to have replaced my other favorite Gunpowder Green (or something).

The yellow ones (whatever it is... some type of fruity/floral thing) are always left over in abundance. They don't seem to be too popular.
The Numi Jasmine is still at SEA. Gunpowder Green is also stocked, or it is now, anyway. The yellow one is Honeybush. I think it's OK in taste, but I would prefer if the herbals were separated from the real teas.

So far, it is only SEA and SFO that seem to consistently have Jasmine. Except for the one unicorn at EWR that I reported last year, I have not seen Jasmine at any other airport since transportprof raised the issue (edit: off the top of my head — LAX, ORD, IAH, BOS, IAD, HNL, SAN, DFW, LGA).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by fumje
The Numi Jasmine is still at SEA. Gunpowder Green is also stocked, or it is now, anyway. The yellow one is Honeybush. I think it's OK in taste, but I would prefer if the herbals were separated from the real teas.

So far, it is only SEA and SFO that seem to consistently have Jasmine. Except for the one unicorn at EWR that I reported last year, I have not seen Jasmine at any other airport since transportprof raised the issue (edit: off the top of my head — LAX, ORD, IAH, BOS, IAD, HNL, SAN, DFW, LGA).
I was there in SEA last week. Yeah I did see both Jasmine and Gunpowder Green. But only one Gunpowder Green left and I took that last one! Plenty of Jasmine. I was in BOS last week and saw Jasmine but no Gunpowder Green. It seems to me like Gunpowder Green is becoming more spotty, whereas before I saw it everywhere. Sometimes, if your favorite kind is out and you ask the staff, they might have some in the back.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
LAX has ingredients for decent breakfast tostadas this morning. Eggs, (gringo) sausage, roasted corn, cilantro, salsa, queso fresca, black beans, mole.
Would have prefered soft tacos, but not really a big deal...

Loooong connection today. Doing taxes at UC and will head over to *A lounge for lunch after late morning bank of *A flights leaves.

Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
LAX has ingredients for decent breakfast tostadas this morning. Eggs, (gringo) sausage, roasted corn, cilantro, salsa, queso fresca, black beans, mole.
Would have prefered soft tacos, but not really a big deal...
As noted in the Let's Eat United First thread, I've gone to packing a few tortillas as my BrOT (bring on travel) especially since LAX is my primary UA starting point:

David
Old Feb 17, 2019, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DELee
...I've gone to packing a few tortillas as my BrOT (bring on travel) especially since LAX is my primary UA...
Yeah, might have to to same. They’re cheap, don’t take up space, and last almost as long as Twinkies 🙂

Mighty fine reading time at LAX *A patio today.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 17, 2019 at 2:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.