Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive -- UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

earlier discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Most domestic clubs similar version of the food offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs. Although from time to time some experiences occur at various UCs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Originally Posted by fumje
Originally Posted by Doppy
You can get the drink menus at this address:

United . com / XXXdrinks (remove all spaces)
Where you replace XXX with the airport code. None of the above changes are listed on the EWR menu.
You can also get a food menu with ingredients list by using "food" instead of "drinks" in that url.

Menus aren't kept very up to date, though, and many are quite inaccurate. All hub menus appear to be same, but outstation ones vary.

Perhaps they've stopped updating these files now that the pandemic has "ended" (move away from prepackaged, stop emphasizing cleanplus / minimal touch points, etc.).

Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Kacee
Cheese Cubes Are Back

SFO rotunda this evening.

The sight of all those delightfully delicious cheese cubes brings a tear to my eye, a smile to my face, and mainland nostalgia for my San Rafael hometown.

Oh, how I enjoyed filling up a few blue cups with those delectable morsels to share with my two sons and add to the pleasure of my homecoming.

With my lifetime spousal United Club membership, I have visited the Rotunda Club more than any other (with the still-closed GUM club in second place), and have more than recouped my investment in dozens of pounds of sumptuous UA cheese cubes.

This photo is the epitome of the Friendly Skies!

As my beloved spouse and I celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary in less than two months, we will certainly give thanks for all those cheese cubes that have kept our marriage strong. (It doesn't hurt that she is a wonderful cook, and that I am easy to please.)
kirkwoodj, United747 and Kacee like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Rotunda food circa COVId was better - more options and higher quality. Even those sketchy burritos
fed planner likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I’m tempted to use this photo in my “What dating me would look like” prompt on Hinge!

gretchendz, Kacee and physioprof like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by SS255
I’m tempted to use this photo in my “What dating me would look like” prompt on Hinge!

To each their own.

David
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:01 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Sounds to me there’s a lot of people with too much time on their hands, or can’t wait to get back into a club
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:35 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Sounds to me there’s a lot of people with too much time on their hands, or can’t wait to get back into a club
Getting back into a club means ones traveling and no longer grounded like most were for the last 2 years. You know, the whole point of this site and forum. How else would we be able to complain without getting back into the clubs to snap pictures of all those "gourmet" offerings.

Originally Posted by CMK10
Nice spread at RDU last Saturday

This club is one of the newest in the system right? Like the last new one before covid hit? I definitely like their food concept, feels very AMEX Centurion lounge ish.
Kacee and TXJeepGuy like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 21, 2022 at 3:22 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Didn't snap any pics, but in the IAH C South lounge last night there were salad items (including a decent quinoa/tomato/cheese blend), tomato basil soup, assorted chips, two types of sandwiches/wraps (looked the same as in the LAX/SFO photos above), cookies and brownies. No cheese cubes, for better or worse.

Centurion Lounge was better.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by st530
Didn't snap any pics, but in the IAH C South lounge last night there were salad items (including a decent quinoa/tomato/cheese blend), tomato basil soup, assorted chips, two types of sandwiches/wraps (looked the same as in the LAX/SFO photos above), cookies and brownies. No cheese cubes, for better or worse.

Centurion Lounge was better.
Even the Air France lounge there which is in the middle of nowhere is better
Old Apr 23, 2022, 12:32 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kacee
SFO rotunda this evening. Absolute garbage. I guess this is proof we're back to normal.
With both the DL Skyclubs and United Clubs the better food is at the smaller outstation lounges than the hubs. It's bizarre.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 7:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Another nice spread at RDU

This was breakfast.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 9, 2022, 8:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Mini cupcakes at the IAH (pictured below) and LAX UC’s for Mothers’ Day yesterday.

Old May 11, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
I searched 5 mins for the general UA vs DL thread (which I'm pretty sure exists) and can't find it anywhere. Since this relates to club comparisons -- holy crap is DL SkyClub making a mockery of UCs right now.

I'm in Atlanta at noon right now, and there must be 15-18 warm options in the Term B SkyClub. Then a separate section with grab-and-go desserts, chips, fruits. And both in EWR and ATL the screens are showing new craft cocktails for May which look awesome. This is my 7th or 8th itinerary with DL this year and I don't always get to the SkyClub, but I have a few times -- they have definitely accelerated their post-COVID return to normal since the beginning of the year. And they are leaving UCs in the dust. I visit hub UCs in EWR and ORD frequently and recently and they are in different universes.

Does UA send reps to competing carrier clubs to see what's going on? And see how stark the comparison has gotten?
zeer0 likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere
Originally Posted by threecap
I searched 5 mins for the general UA vs DL thread (which I'm pretty sure exists) and can't find it anywhere. Since this relates to club comparisons -- holy crap is DL SkyClub making a mockery of UCs right now.

I'm in Atlanta at noon right now, and there must be 15-18 warm options in the Term B SkyClub. Then a separate section with grab-and-go desserts, chips, fruits. And both in EWR and ATL the screens are showing new craft cocktails for May which look awesome. This is my 7th or 8th itinerary with DL this year and I don't always get to the SkyClub, but I have a few times -- they have definitely accelerated their post-COVID return to normal since the beginning of the year. And they are leaving UCs in the dust. I visit hub UCs in EWR and ORD frequently and recently and they are in different universes.

Does UA send reps to competing carrier clubs to see what's going on? And see how stark the comparison has gotten?
In the inverse is my bet
Old May 11, 2022, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

Of course UA knows the details of what AA and DL does not only with clubs but also with hard and soft product on the planes.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club

Yes, when they want a good experience
bocastephen and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.