Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Archive -- UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...{archive}

earlier discussions

New United Club menus to be "announced" 4 March 2015

United Clubs to be renovated

Most domestic clubs similar version of the food offerings. Full spread at all domestic hubs, with cut-down or hybrid versions at most outstation clubs. Although from time to time some experiences occur at various UCs.

International Clubs with different catering: GUM, HKG, MEX, LHR, NRT

Originally Posted by fumje
Originally Posted by Doppy
You can get the drink menus at this address:

United . com / XXXdrinks (remove all spaces)
Where you replace XXX with the airport code. None of the above changes are listed on the EWR menu.
You can also get a food menu with ingredients list by using "food" instead of "drinks" in that url.

Menus aren't kept very up to date, though, and many are quite inaccurate. All hub menus appear to be same, but outstation ones vary.

Perhaps they've stopped updating these files now that the pandemic has "ended" (move away from prepackaged, stop emphasizing cleanplus / minimal touch points, etc.).

Print Wikipost

UC amenities - regular & special food / snacks, power, wifi, work areas, ...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:19 am

Are shower suites returning to United Clubs?

I've searched and can't find any separate threads or info buried in an exisiting UC-related thread about this pay-walled reporting in biz journal. What's the scoop???! Perhaps it is related to the new concept being discussed in the DEN UC thread?? But below sounds like a wider roll-out and other new amenities.

Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Wx4caster
I've searched and can't find any separate threads or info buried in an exisiting UC-related thread about this pay-walled reporting in biz journal. What's the scoop???! Perhaps it is related to the new concept being discussed in the DEN UC thread?? But below sounds like a wider roll-out and other new amenities.

See:Status of new permanent EWR United Clubs? and United confirms that Denver is getting a new — and very unique — lounge

David
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:41 am

Ah, thanks! I missed the EWR club thread, and did not see discussions about showers in the Denver thread.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K HH Diamond
At ORD B6 UC. Bar has complimentary cocktails. Bartender says it’s a trial run for a few weeks starting today. Small menu of 3 options sitting at the bar. Only 2 were available, an Italian Paloma and an old fashioned. Looks like the mix is pre-made and poured into glasses and garnished. Nice little surprise to start the week
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 4:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rolltribe
At ORD B6 UC. Bar has complimentary cocktails. Bartender says it’s a trial run for a few weeks starting today. Small menu of 3 options sitting at the bar. Only 2 were available, an Italian Paloma and an old fashioned. Looks like the mix is pre-made and poured into glasses and garnished. Nice little surprise to start the week
Interesting! I’ve never had a problem getting a bartender to make a simple cocktail like a martini or vesper with the “well” offerings, always make sure to tip them well too.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The difference between UC and SkyClub at SEA is absolutely shocking. The AS N lounge is also pretty nice.
Arent DL and AS hubs at SEA? UA just considers SEA in my opinion a place they have to do some flights. The UA club is awful and will likely stay so - they aren’t interested in the SEA clientele
Old Apr 4, 2022, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Arent DL and AS hubs at SEA?
Yeah, except the UCs at UA hubs also suck. Exhibit A being EWR.
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
The UA club is awful and will likely stay so - they aren’t interested in the SEA clientele
Except the visitors to SEA UC will be UC members, i.e., frequent UA flyers who pay a substantial sum to be able to access the UC when they fly UA. So what you're really saying is that it's acceptable for UA to offer an absolute crap product to its frequent flyers. Unfortunately, UA has made it quite obvious they agree with you 100%.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 6:48 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Nice spread at RDU last Saturday

Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Cheese Cubes Are Back

SFO rotunda this evening.

Absolute garbage. I guess this is proof we're back to normal.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:20 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
SFO rotunda this evening
And nothing else, like the wraps at the edge of the picture, salad bar, soup, ....

I have to admit those brownies are a weak spot for me
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:21 pm

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC

And just asking for dirty fingers in those trays
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

Presentation really is the issue here I think. Same items as LAX club but presentation is garbage.

Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by seat38a
Presentation really is the issue here I think. Same items as LAX club but presentation is garbage.
But cheese cubes! And those awful vegetable oil cookies! It's back to the bad old days.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
And nothing else, like the wraps at the edge of the picture, salad bar, soup, ....
I really liked the turkey croissants. These replacement wraps/sandwiches are garbage.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:37 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
But cheese cubes! And those awful vegetable oil cookies! It's back to the bad old days.

I really liked the turkey croissants. These replacement wraps/sandwiches are garbage.
Actually those cookies have improved from pre-pandemic in my opinion. It is chocolate chip oatmeal and soft vs the stale Albertson's week old stale crap they used to serve. Cookies are best eaten without knowing if it is healthy or not. At least the LAX brownies were about the same quality and taste of ones I've had at the Lawry's Carvery in OC as part of an hot fudge sundae.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold

The cheese cubes have been back awhile. They didn’t replace anything. Sandwiches are still there. So are Chips. And soup. What’s the beef?
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.