Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by lhrsfo
Too much irrelevant marketing on the front page (irrelevant to me as, not being a US resident (as UA is very well aware) I’m not even eligible for the stuff they are trying to sell). And that marketing displaces things like Flight Status which I use regularly.
Have to agree with the wasted marketing offers in prime real estate. I'm GS, i'm not going to buy an Economy Plus subscription.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by narvik
The MY TRIPS doesn't show airport codes....have to go into details for that. It just looks weird...I guess I am so used to seeing the airport code, just seeing the city/town looks odd.
This is worse than I had previously thought.

A future trip EWR-UVF (Newark, NJ to St Lucia, LC, Hewanorra International Airport) is always correctly listed on united.com.
The APP under MY TRIPS shows: NEWARK to CASTRIES. This is confusing, as Castries, the capital of LC, has its own separate airport (SLU), and UVF is on the opposite side of the island.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by jjmoore
Other than a different home screen, the underlying app infrastructure appears to be the same... flight searches, flight status, etc. etc. etc. Nothing much new here it appears... at least the functionality that matters to me hasn't changed.
Agreed, I navigated around in the App this morning and was neutral on the upgrade. i just might need to get used to different paths to the functions I use the most, but nothing seems to be missing. The top left menu still gets you to a list of everything, so that has stayed the same.

Will just have to wait until my flight on Friday (which I am SDCing to Saturday) to see how the App functions in the "life cycle" of a flight. From the lead up to check-in, through landing at my destination. That seems to be one of things that was touted as an improvement.

A future trip EWR-UVF (Newark, NJ to St Lucia, LC, Hewanorra International Airport) is always correctly listed on united.com.
The APP under MY TRIPS shows: NEWARK to CASTRIES. This is confusing, as Castries, the capital of LC, has its own separate airport (SLU), and UVF is on the opposite side of the island.
This has happened before in the app as temporary "glitches". One time all of my future flights showed a destination of HKG (when it was BWI). Probably on the back end, but if it persists send in feedback & I am sure they would be happy to fix. While Beta testing is neccessary, it does not catch everything. It takes people like those on FT to stretch it to its limits and find its flaws
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:38 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Feels a lot like the redesign of the website to me. The initial interface looks different (so will take some getting used to) but the stuff I actually use (flight info, itinerary info, upgrade lists) are all the exact same tech sitting under a new cover page.

The marketing stuff is a disaster (as always). But that seems like the only reason they actually redesigned it -- to make that stuff more prevalent. Crazy that they wouldn't also make strides in making it more relevant as well at the same time.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:40 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat

pretty sure you can rename your reservations whatever you want to call them. Go to the website and there should be an option to ‘rename’ reservation. Also, was this incorrect on the previous app? We’re trying to get old app vs new app comparisons...if it was always displaying incorrectly, then...yeah.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
pretty sure you can rename your reservations whatever you want to call them. Go to the website and there should be an option to ‘rename’ reservation. Also, was this incorrect on the previous app? We’re trying to get old app vs new app comparisons...if it was always displaying incorrectly, then...yeah.
My main complaint is that v3.0.0 shows the city name only, and not the airport code under MY TRIPS without going into details (and only the city name on all PAST flights with no option for further details, although I believe PAST flights wasn't even available in the older version of the APP, or was it?).
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:00 am

Looks and works really well. Will try it out for my fkight tomorrow. However thr meat of the App seems to be the same as the previous version which is excellent.

I read a bunch if complaints about the marketing materials on the first page. It took me a while to figure out what people were talking about but then realized I have to scroll down the home page to see any marketing materials. I don’t have an issue with that at all.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:06 am

It feels pretty much the same, but I do find the shade of blue they use in the design now very pleasing.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
I do have to laugh at the "reimagined" buzzword someone has decided to use. Moderately disappointed that they could not have worked "immersive" and "interactive" in but I guess we can't have everything.
Don't forget "artisanal" and "farm-to-table."
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My main complaint is that v3.0.0 shows the city name only, and not the airport code under MY TRIPS without going into details (and only the city name on all PAST flights with no option for further details, although I believe PAST flights wasn't even available in the older version of the APP, or was it?).
And other than being an excuse for a complaint, what’s the issue?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by TomMM

And other than being an excuse for a complaint, what’s the issue?
It leads to confusion exactly as I describe and encountered in post #212.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bman1002
It feels pretty much the same, but I do find the shade of blue they use in the design now very pleasing.
Seems a lot like LH's new color.

I'm slightly above neutral. I'm really grateful all the functionality is still there, and I certainly understand why the changes were made that were made.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: United Premier 1K
I was really hoping that the app update would allow ticket purchasing in currencies other an USD. I realize that this isn't needed functionality for probably 90% of users, but UA please throw some love to those of us north of the border! (Although to be honest, I'll keep no PQD requirement over being able to book tickets in CDN in the app if it's a choice between the two!!)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
pretty sure you can rename your reservations whatever you want to call them. Go to the website and there should be an option to ‘rename’ reservation.
You can rename reservations on the web site, but both the old and the new versions of the app show only the original name.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic
I checked in, but the card on the Home screen still says "Ready for Check-In", even after refreshing, closing/opening app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.