Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by COSPILOT
Go to settings: iTunes & App Stores; and turn off updates. Sadly it's a blanket solution impacting all of your apps, but it's the only way I know of.
As someone who manages apps (and multiple app versions in the wild), please don't do this...

Thanks
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:18 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by lax01
As someone who manages apps (and multiple app versions in the wild), please don't do this...

Thanks
I didn't say do this, I just said this is the only solution I know of. For the life of me I thought I had a way to block certain apps from updating, but I can't find it.

That said, the app seems to be improved based on a few posts, so not a big deal.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
App is good but the MileagePlus Card display is worse. It's microscopic and then just blows up the back of the card when you click on it. Other airlines, particularly in places like China, don't know what 1K is. For lounge purposes the app should clearly show: Star Gold, Name, UA-number and the Expire date.

This is also a flaw in the iphone wallet pass which doesn't show star gold status.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dkmatter
the MileagePlus Card display is worse. It's microscopic and then just blows up the back of the card when you click on it. Other airlines, particularly in places like China, don't know what 1K is. For lounge purposes the app should clearly show: Star Gold, Name, UA-number and the Expire date.
This is definitely a flaw. Can barely see *G symbol. They clearly know how to make stuff too big (see: home screen), why do they make something important like this so small?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:54 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
App is good but the MileagePlus Card display is worse. It's microscopic and then just blows up the back of the card when you click on it. Other airlines, particularly in places like China, don't know what 1K is. For lounge purposes the app should clearly show: Star Gold, Name, UA-number and the Expire date. ...
In my quick first glance, this was the most concerning thing I came across and the UC membership card does not have *A symbol.

Apparently the page is to show MP card, UC card if you have one or any UC passes. Fine, just have a way to tap the card and get a larger frontside view.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
In my quick first glance, this was the most concerning thing I came across and the UC membership card does not have *A symbol.
I put in a feature request via the app. Seems doable for them to get it done.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Ok, incredibly boring, but hit your little face tab at the top right and it pulls up your status, including *G. Agree that it should give the full card as an option. Simply stupid.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Too much irrelevant marketing on the front page (irrelevant to me as, not being a US resident (as UA is very well aware) I’m not even eligible for the stuff they are trying to sell). And that marketing displaces things like Flight Status which I use regularly.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I do have to laugh at the "reimagined" buzzword someone has decided to use. Moderately disappointed that they could not have worked "immersive" and "interactive" in but I guess we can't have everything.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, A3*G, AR Platino, BA Gold
Totally disappointing and confusing app. The old app was way more intuitive (and by far, the best airline app)
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
App version 3.0.0

App is good but the MileagePlus Card display is worse.
500 people testing this version didn't notice this flaw? Or United IT didn't bother listening to their suggestions??
This is a simple, yet pathetically ridiculous oversight.

Unless flying somewhere within a day or two, the home page offers nothing, other than to greet me by my first name, and offer me some things to purchase (Wifi for instance!).
Load-times will be poor when traveling to remote places and not connected to WiFi...

The MY PROFILE icon disappears from anything other than the HOME page??? Why??
The MY TRIPS doesn't show airport codes....have to go into details for that. It just looks weird...I guess I am so used to seeing the airport code, just seeing the city/town looks odd.

If this new app is supposed to be so aware, why does it still offer me to purchase a CLUB PASS???

Was excited to see "Book a car", but sadly that just opens a web-page. Would have been nice to book within the app.

Airport Maps seems rather, err... limited!! I count 29. Would be interested in finding out where they are loading the background map from. I hope it isn't provided by google, as that won't work in China, and would look like the attached picture.....which it does even while I am States-site for a few seconds....obviously not easy to load even on good WiFi connection!!

"Check bag charges" is pretty nice, I guess.

Last edited by narvik; Jan 24, 2019 at 5:43 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
App version 3.0.0

500 people testing this version didn't notice this flaw? Or United IT didn't bother listening to their suggestions??
This is a simple, yet pathetically ridiculous oversight.

Unless flying somewhere within a day or two, the home page offers nothing, other than to greet me by my first name, and offer me some things to purchase (Wifi for instance!).
Load-times will be poor when traveling to remote places and not connected to WiFi...

The MY PROFILE icon disappears from anything other than the HOME page??? Why??
The MY TRIPS doesn't show airport codes....have to go into details for that. It just looks weird...I guess I am so used to seeing the airport code, just seeing the city/town looks odd.

If this new app is supposed to be so aware, why does it still offer me to purchase a CLUB PASS???

Was excited to see "Book a car", but sadly that just opens a web-page. Would have been nice to book within the app.

Airport Maps seems rather, err... limited!! I count 29. Would be interested in finding out where they are loading the background map from. I hope it isn't provided by google, as that won't work in China, and would look like the attached picture.....which it does even while I am States-site for a few seconds....obviously not easy to load even on good WiFi connection!!

"Check bag charges" is pretty nice, I guess.

the maps were hosted by locus labs. I noticed over the last couple weeks, on the United app, it was loading extremely slowly. The 29 airports are UA hubs with some large non hubs.

American also uses them in their app but shows a different set of airports.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Other than a different home screen, the underlying app infrastructure appears to be the same... flight searches, flight status, etc. etc. etc. Nothing much new here it appears... at least the functionality that matters to me hasn't changed.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Mine has not updated and the app does not show an upgrade for United. What am i missing?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by shelby101
Mine has not updated and the app does not show an upgrade for United. What am i missing?
Apparently, very little...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.