Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by drewguy
When will it be available to the public ...
Multiple sources have stated 24 Jan 2019 (probably USA time) for the general public.
Beta testers and now UA employees presently have access
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:18 pm
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Just got this text.

"On January 24, we're releasing a reimagined United app. If you're opted in to automatic updates on your device, you may automatically receive the update before your upcoming trip.

Learn more about the refreshed app and its features here: https://myua.co/2HkmquU

Last edited by ft1984; Jan 23, 2019 at 4:45 pm Reason: Fixed link
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
I just got that text too. Traveling tomorrow and will check it out.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Yawn... Just got to play with the new app. Nothing new on booking (other than the previously released fare bucket info for Expert Mode). I actually had to hunt for my boarding pass, which is now in the "My Trips" folder. Other than a new look, I'm not wowed by the redesign. Look forward to hearing what others think.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skyccord
Just got this text.

"On January 24, we're releasing a reimagined United app. If you're opted in to automatic updates on your device, you may automatically receive the update before your upcoming trip.

Learn more about the refreshed app and its features here: https://myua.co/2HkmquUx
Looks like you had an extra X on your link...

https://myua.co/2HkmquU
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
The update is available on iOS, I like the new design / home screen.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Bronze
The app is out on iOS, downloaded, and running nicely. 11:55pm US EST, Jan 23.

I agree the home screen looks good.

Last edited by seanp7; Jan 23, 2019 at 10:06 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Given the UA IT department's reputation, I will prefer to wait, say about 6-8 months, for most of the bugs to be worked out.

Now I just need to figure out how to disable the app update notification in IOS to make that annoying alert go away
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Just downloaded the new app on iOS and after a quick tour through, gotta give United credit on this one. I think they took a really good app and made it better. Agree with some of the previous comments that it still retains a lot of the look and feel of the previous one (e.g., flight status) but is more organized with the right information in the right place.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA GS
Anyway to add a future flight from the flight status tab to the "home screen"? May keep the last apk if not possible.

ETA....... OK.......if you trigger push notification the flight shows up under the flight status tab. (Flight status is part of the left side hamburger.)

Last edited by LAXOGG; Jan 23, 2019 at 10:40 pm
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
Anyway to add a future flight from the flight status tab to the "home screen"? May keep the last apk if not possible.
Im not seeing one and the option in the flight status page is gone. Best is click through to flight status and recent.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 10:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I don't like the home page. I know I'm flying Friday, you don't need to fill 2/3 of the screen with that. Also don't like nonremovable marketing at the bottom of the page, and can't minimize worthless "Mile Play" banner as could previously.

OTOH, I do like that it saves notifications.

Overall jury still out here.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:38 pm

Programs: UA GS
Just noticed that you can view and add a Known traveler number on an upcoming reservation (useful for when it doesnt carry over on corporate bookings).
you can also view past trips, which I dont recall being able to do.

All the functionality from the previous app appears intact.

Overall impression is very good!
Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Having Trip Options on the home screen for a checked in flight so I can change (improve) my seat is a big win. Everything else is cosmetic and makes little difference to me at a glance. They've reskinned the top layer, and everything beneath is as before. Let's see how it goes for my flights tomorrow - that's when this is supposed to shine!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Given the UA IT department's reputation, I will prefer to wait, say about 6-8 months, for most of the bugs to be worked out.

Now I just need to figure out how to disable the app update notification in IOS to make that annoying alert go away
Go to settings: iTunes & App Stores; and turn off updates. Sadly it's a blanket solution impacting all of your apps, but it's the only way I know of.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.