Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:33 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by antdude
Is it me or is United removing useful features these days? They got rid of the face ID login after logging out its iOS app and now this add to wallet.
Face/fingerprint login works fine on Android. The lack of Add to Wallet within the app has available the very simple workaround I just posted.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Is it me or is United removing useful features these days? They got rid of the face ID login after logging out its iOS app and now this add to wallet.
Haven't noticed removal of any useful features but have noticed the app has gotten more "buggy". Seems to hang up occasionally, which never used to happen.
(iphone)
antdude likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by physioprof
Face/fingerprint login works fine on Android. The lack of Add to Wallet within the app has available the very simple workaround I just posted.
Not in iPhones. We shouldn't have to use that workaround to add to wallet.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Haven't noticed removal of any useful features but have noticed the app has gotten more "buggy". Seems to hang up occasionally, which never used to happen.
(iphone)
Does your United iOS app let you log into your account with your Face ID after logging out?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 20, 2024 at 1:04 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not in iPhones. We shouldn't have to use that workaround to add to wallet.

Does your United iOS app let you log into your account with your Face ID after logging out?
I don't use Face ID, so can't advise on that one.
antdude likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Can confirm that there's no "Add To Wallet" option within the Android United App. Workaround that I just confirmed: (1) Take a screenshot within the United App of the United Club card with barcode. (2) Click the Add to Wallet button in the Wallet App. (3) Select the "Photo" option. (4) Select the screenshot from step 1. (4) Done.
Was there ever an "add to wallet" button in the Android app? It seems odd that iOS has it and Android doesn't. Why would UA do this? I get that there is a workaround, but is there a difference in comparing this method to what a native solution would be like?
​​​​​​
antdude likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

30 days ago when I checked in for my DEN-MUC flight, the electronic BP had a save to wallet button. Just checked in for my return, and no button.

Did UA change the app, or is this just a bug?
lsquare and antdude like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by halls120
30 days ago when I checked in for my DEN-MUC flight, the electronic BP had a save to wallet button. Just checked in for my return, and no button.

I just had a similar problem. I had a save to wallet button for AUA-EWR bp, but no save to wallet button for EWR-SFO.
antdude likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by halls120

Current BP for today's flight in Android App does indeed have the "Save to Wallet" button. You have to slide the bottom shade of the BP page to reveal it.
Repooc17 and antdude like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:12 pm

It's understandable to feel frustrated when features you rely on are removed from an app. United's recent decisions, like eliminating face ID login and the "add to wallet" option, might disrupt users' convenience and experience. Providing feedback to the airline about these changes could encourage them to reconsider or improve future updates.
antdude likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by miley66
It's understandable to feel frustrated when features you rely on are removed from an app. United's recent decisions, like eliminating face ID login and the "add to wallet" option, might disrupt users' convenience and experience. Providing feedback to the airline about these changes could encourage them to reconsider or improve future updates.
I did let United agent know about it, but will they put it back?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
Current BP for today's flight in Android App does indeed have the "Save to Wallet" button. You have to slide the bottom shade of the BP page to reveal it.
Was able to "add to wallet" for EWR-LHR both legs this past weekend.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
A bit confused. I just logged out and back in and received a prompt for FaceID enrollment. And Add to Wallet is an available option, just relocated as discussed above.

Both your concerns relate to iOS?
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
A bit confused. I just logged out and back in and received a prompt for FaceID enrollment. And Add to Wallet is an available option, just relocated as discussed above.

Both your concerns relate to iOS?
Yes, iPhone's iOS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.