Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by cobrax333
It's been like that for a little while now. Also had a P6P now have a P7P same horrible app freezes.
Flew on a 772 without seatback screens a few days back, and couldn't get the inflight entertainment to work on our P6s at all. Just kept getting error messages. I had to update the app on 2NOV, and the entertainment hasn't worked since. Works fine on my work iPhone.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My "my trips" and "their trips" has consistently worked correctly. However, anyone else a bit put off by the phrasing "their trips"? Feels like they're telling me about random strangers' trips or something. I suppose I'd have gone for "others' trips".
Old Nov 16, 2022, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
What is this "their trips"? I've never seen that. I see all trips for all passengers listed under "My trips".
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Oh yeah, the other bug that drives me nuts.

When booking a trip and searching with either NYC or WAS (to mean all airports in those cities), the app refuses to remember that for the next search. So wherever I had NYC/WAS in either the To or From field it's gone and I have to reselect it. If I search just EWR or just IAD it can remember it. The website used to be this way but they fixed that a while ago.

-RM
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 11:14 am

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Passport scan problem

Travel ready center asks me to scan my passport (need to rescan every year?), but I am not able to do this on my Android devices. On a Pixel 7, I get "feature not available on this device" and on a Samsung tablet, the app goes to the scan screen and hangs. I have the latest updates and camera permissions.
I know I can take care of this at the airport, but I am curious why something that worked last year no longer works.
Update: next day I was able to scan using the tablet. The Pixel is still not supported

Last edited by FreFly; Jan 13, 2023 at 4:40 pm
Old Mar 28, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Flight Status > City search only returns the first 20 results. On routes with many flights/connections, the flights later in the evening don't show up. Would be nice if they could expand that.
econ likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did United get rid of "Where's my plane coming from?" in the mobile app? All of my flights (including two tomorrow) show the tail number assignment with no loading of any info below it like it used to show...where the plane is coming from, time estimated, etc. This is a serious degradation of transparency if it's truly gone.

It's doing this on both express and mainline flights.

-RM
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:13 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Did United get rid of "Where's my plane coming from?" in the mobile app? All of my flights (including two tomorrow) show the tail number assignment with no loading of any info below it like it used to show...where the plane is coming from, time estimated, etc. This is a serious degradation of transparency if it's truly gone.

-RM
I'm still seeing it?
Old Apr 24, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100

-RM
I noticed this when checking on my flight (mainline) this past Saturday. Had to use the web version to check.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I'm still seeing it on the app for the flights I checked. I have noticed there are some circumstances where inbound flight info will not show up (for example, if the plane has been on the ground for a few days due to maintenance, etc.).
Old Apr 25, 2023, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I should have said from the start...this is on Apple iOS. I don't have an Android to test with.

I removed the app and re-installed. Same issue.

And, no, this isn't related to planes that have been sitting on the ground. I thought that when I first saw it as well. It's happening to all of my flights listed under Flight Status. Absolutely no 'Where is this plane coming from?' details show up. Simply have the tail number and then the link to Push Notifications and Amenities.

I really hope United fixes this soon. I use this feature a lot to make up-to-the-minute decisions on SDC'ing if I see inbounds are going to be late.

-RM
Old Apr 25, 2023, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I should have said from the start...this is on Apple iOS. I don't have an Android to test with.

I removed the app and re-installed. Same issue.

And, no, this isn't related to planes that have been sitting on the ground. I thought that when I first saw it as well. It's happening to all of my flights listed under Flight Status. Absolutely no 'Where is this plane coming from?' details show up. Simply have the tail number and then the link to Push Notifications and Amenities.

I really hope United fixes this soon. I use this feature a lot to make up-to-the-minute decisions on SDC'ing if I see inbounds are going to be late.

-RM
If you pull up flights via other options (flight number, city pairs) instead of "My Flights", does it show there?
I just tested some and seeing it on the Apple app on my phone.
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by goodeats21
If you pull up flights via other options (flight number, city pairs) instead of "My Flights", does it show there?
I just tested some and seeing it on the Apple app on my phone.
No, doesn't matter how I pull up flight status.

iOS 16.4.1

-RM
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry

iOS 16.4.1

-RM
Interesting. I am on 16.3.1
Old Apr 25, 2023, 7:45 am

Location: New to BWI as of 2021; say hi if you're in the area!
Programs: UA GS

iOS 16.4.1

-RM
I'm experiencing the same thing, and also it only happened with the update to 16.4.1 this weekend. Agreed hope it's fixed soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.