Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Thanks for the post and it was an interesting read(bolding above is mine). I do have a question though about United. I know on Delta even after door closes and you are in the air you can still download their app thru DL WIFI for free. Does UA have this same capability? I thought all the big 3 had this option available when WiFi is turned on in the air you can download their individual apps...
Nope, on every flight they specifically announce that you have to download it before the door closes if you want to watch movies and TV shows (as if you'd do both at the same time?). Sadly that spiel feels indelibly etched in my brain!
Old Feb 28, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
I do have a question though about United. I know on Delta even after door closes and you are in the air you can still download their app thru DL WIFI for free. Does UA have this same capability? I thought all the big 3 had this option available when WiFi is turned on in the air you can download their individual apps...
Haven't attempted it, but I remember the FA announcements always suggest to download the app while on the ground.
SPN Lifer and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:15 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Haven't attempted it, but I remember the FA announcements always suggest to download the app while on the ground.
yea lol FA ALWAYS announces that downloading the app over wifi is not possible unless you purchase the wifi
SPN Lifer and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by random.parts
Saw this on Hacker News the other day and figured it was some version of a responsible disclosure, since the author mentioned starting the write up in Aug-2021 - though its not a vulnerability/security issue, so Im not sure if they ever submitted this to United - it does appear to be a huge oversight by the iOS team.

Finally got around to checking if the iOS app was still 439mb or if they updated it and they haven't. Wanted to post it here in case someone sees it and, also, so the author gets credit if they decide to correct it and implement the standard procedure into their build process to make it easier for last minute downloads. Or, if anyone knows why they would intentional avoid doing so?

I have had more than one person seated next to me frantically search for and try to download the app after they're already onboard with the doors about to close. The smaller size would probably help get the app on more phones.
I have it on good authority that United is aware of the post and is already working on it.
AeRoSpaceman and random.parts like this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Is anyone searching flight status only to have that flight permanently displaying in “My flights”? Can’t seem to delete flights from there.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Is anyone searching flight status only to have that flight permanently displaying in “My flights”? Can’t seem to delete flights from there.
Flights that I search for by number hang around for a day or two and then disappear.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
I hate this too and I don't know why they thought it was a good idea. I've searched 8-9 flights in the last few days for my relatives and co-workers to track weather-related disruptions and now I have like 7 flights that I'm not even flying mixed in with the 4 flights I am flying this upcoming week
Old Mar 15, 2022, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by flyingrohit
I hate this too and I don't know why they thought it was a good idea. I've searched 8-9 flights in the last few days for my relatives and co-workers to track weather-related disruptions and now I have like 7 flights that I'm not even flying mixed in with the 4 flights I am flying this upcoming week
Time to delete and reinstall?

David
Old Mar 15, 2022, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Time to delete and reinstall?

David
more like delete and never install..

Will delete and reinstall clear that section?
Old Mar 15, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Will delete and reinstall clear that section?
Yes, although that also blows away any other preferences like airport history for flight searches, so not really ideal.

If they want to save the previously searched flights on there, that's one thing, but not having a way to delete them is annoying.
SPN Lifer and flyingrohit like this.
Old Mar 16, 2022, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by econ
Yes, although that also blows away any other preferences like airport history for flight searches, so not really ideal.

If they want to save the previously searched flights on there, that's one thing, but not having a way to delete them is annoying.
ah yeah saving my ideal airports saves a lot of time when booking the same flights over and over those have to say. I guess this will have to remain for the time being. I don't know how this got through and everyone thought this was a good idea
Old Mar 17, 2022, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Pretty sure this is a bug and not intended. "My flights" is supposed to be reserved for flights in itineraries under your account. "Recent" is reserved for all flights you've searched whether through number or city pair, etc. I suspect this will get fixed in the next release.

I do see United add the check mark in the app for who is checked in on the upgrade list.

-RM
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Pretty sure this is a bug and not intended. "My flights" is supposed to be reserved for flights in itineraries under your account. "Recent" is reserved for all flights you've searched whether through number or city pair, etc. I suspect this will get fixed in the next release.

I do see United add the check mark in the app for who is checked in on the upgrade list.

-RM
This has already been fixed in the app. Now only flights that are in reservations and coming up "soon" appear in the "My Flights" display. No idea how/why United introduced this bug in the first place but they sorted it pretty quickly.

-RM
Old May 1, 2022, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Does anyone here know why I keep getting the "your device has no connectivity" message? I get it every time I have to enter my password to see confidential information like my reservation details. The message makes no sense because my phone is definitely connected to the internet.
Old May 1, 2022, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lsquare
Does anyone here know why I keep getting the "your device has no connectivity" message? I get it every time I have to enter my password to see confidential information like my reservation details. The message makes no sense because my phone is definitely connected to the internet.
you shouldn’t have to do that either. Im perpetually logged in on the app

try using cellular, different wifi, update the app or reboot the phone.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.