Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...)

Old Oct 19, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
The app has been buggy for me today. Android (Pixel 6 Pro) keeps telling me the app isnt responding, or it just crashes. And an upcoming reservation doesn't show in my trips on the app but shows on the website post-login just fine!
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Update for my issue. I realized that the app half knew my identity because it offered my corporate pricing options so I went to the app log out and then logged back in and works again. Thank goodness. It was driving me crazy. Deleting the app and reinstalling clearly didnt log me out.

Last edited by CApreppie; Oct 20, 2022 at 11:17 am
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: UA 1K / IC RA/ Hilton Plat / Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
The app has been buggy for me today. Android (Pixel 6 Pro) keeps telling me the app isnt responding, or it just crashes. And an upcoming reservation doesn't show in my trips on the app but shows on the website post-login just fine!
It's been like that for a little while now. Also had a P6P now have a P7P same horrible app freezes.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:17 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
My trips vs their trips

It’s trivial but why do all my future flights under “Manage flights” show as “their trips” and not “my trips” in the iPhone app? I’m the only one flying and their all in my name.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by hans
It’s trivial but why do all my future flights under “Manage flights” show as “their trips” and not “my trips” in the iPhone app? I’m the only one flying and their all in my name.
Same thing happening on Android...
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:32 pm

Upcoming change to split out itineraries reserved using/saved to your MP account vs ones you're actually flying on? Could also potentially be to keep track of those itineraries where the PNR gets split after booking?

Or someone doesn't know grammar and randomly changed that portion of the display text

I mean the My United tab has definitely changed layouts recently, so I expect some kind of modifications are being made to it, unless someone just wanted to redesign that part of the app because they were bored?
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Mine still shows properly
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Upcoming change to split out itineraries reserved using/saved to your MP account vs ones you're actually flying on? Could also potentially be to keep track of those itineraries where the PNR gets split after booking?

Or someone doesn't know grammar and randomly changed that portion of the display text

I mean the My United tab has definitely changed layouts recently, so I expect some kind of modifications are being made to it, unless someone just wanted to redesign that part of the app because they were bored?
I have both My Trips and Their Trips on the app - the Their Trips was a ticket I purchased for a friend while I was logged into the website. I liked being able to see Their Trips as I could monitor upgrade price as that person was not a frequent flyer nor proficient with the app.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA, Hyatt
exact same happened to me but I’m concerned it won’t show my flight status or allow me to check-in like normal.

Flights that show was their trip were all booked through corporate travel and have my full middle name vs. just my middle initial in my United profile. Has never been an issue the previous 10 years.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: UAL 1K MM
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
I have both My Trips and Their Trips on the app - the Their Trips was a ticket I purchased for a friend while I was logged into the website. I liked being able to see Their Trips as I could monitor upgrade price as that person was not a frequent flyer nor proficient with the app.
That’s what I’d seen in the past. Now it’s just my future flights under “their trips,” all booked online.

Last edited by hans; Nov 8, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
When will United fix the flight status page so when entering a flight number the "search" purple button isn't all the way at the bottom of the screen with so much white space?? It's ridic you have to enter the flight number and then click "done" on the keyboard just to get the search button to appear. If it was right under the date search, where it belongs, you can click "search" in one less click. And what's the point of the crazy amount of wasted white space anyway??

-RM
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
This "My trips" vs "Their trips" bsns is broken here, too. Onn the android app, all future trips are under "Their trips" & there are none at all under "My trips", even tho all of the trips are single-traveler PNRs and half of them are mine.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Here's something interesting that I've noticed. For much of 2022, I have been using an Apple iPhone 13 Pro Max and a Google Pixel 6. I just recently upgraded to an iPhone 14 Pro Max and Pixel 7. I always have the latest OS and software/app update. I find the UA app on iOS to be slower at issuing a digital boarding pass than on Android. I usually check in at the airport and after that, I would refresh the apps on both phones. Android seems to consistently outperform iOS.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
My trip next week is under My Trips, but all my future trips, including later this month, I have to go to Their Trips and then click “view more trips”. Very annoying.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA GS
Change flight option presents info through two different interfaces. Seems to be random and can change from moment to moment on the same record.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.