Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

United App: discussion, bugs, ... (Android , IOS, ...) {Archive}

Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:54 am

Location: Rowley, MA / Edgartown, MA / Christiansted, St. Croix (USVI)
Programs: UA LT GS/4.96MM, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓, Korea SeS, APEC
Since the merger the IT group has produced one disaster after another, once they finely tweak it back to usable they tend to make another “big” change, putting we users back behind the eight ball 🎱 again. I don’t understand the need to confuse customers under the justification of change for the sake of change. Please stop fixing what ain’t broken. Having to decipher each new stab at a UX design is a pain for users. For some reason UA uses a completely new design and logic flow with each overhaul, rather than taking a step-by-step approach that evolves the user interface while adding functionality. This radical change approach isn’t appreciated by me, at a minimum.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Not looking forward to watching the little airplane icon flying by all the streaks while I wait 15 seconds for something that used to take 3.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
In terms of functionality and features, I'm really happy with the app. However, there are a few things that I wish they'd change.

For instance, if I exit out of the app for even a millisecond, I get the "United Data Services Not Available" if I am in the middle of looking up a reservation or otherwise clicking something. I then have to repeat the process.

On Delta's app the reservation data (assumedly) is embedded into the app while on UAL app there is a bit of a wait to load the reservations and to change seats. Occasionally the reservation will not load and I have to repeat the process again.

It's also very puzzling that the app is incapable of showing GPU/RPU data. What's the issue here?

Delta's app seems to be much faster and more streamlined.

That being said, united.com is a total cluster. If the same people who designed that are now redesigning the app, then yeah, not good news!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1k, 2.3MM Flyer, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Just another opportunity for United to show how much it hates its customers. Upsells and stock price trump usability and customer satisfaction. The UA app is best in class and they will transform it into a bloated selling tool and likely take away useful information because well, what customer wants transparency in 2019? This will be yet another change we will hate.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by therossinator
Not looking forward to watching the little airplane icon flying by all the streaks while I wait 15 seconds for something that used to take 3.
What fubctuinality have you been able to load in 3 seconds? I’ve never seen anything load that quickly on the app..15 seconds is probably closer
to the norm currently.

Originally Posted by demkr
For instance, if I exit out of the app for even a millisecond, I get the "United Data Services Not Available" if I am in the middle of looking up a reservation or otherwise clicking something. I then have to repeat the process.
yup - another one of the current issues.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to apply upgrade instruments.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdraco
I'm excited about the new app. The current app was in need of an overhaul to address some of the performance issues. I think this is good news.
The APP is still light years faster than the website - speed would probably come with loss of features and the app is soooooo much better than the website, i am really hoping they decide to just leave it alone

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Uh oh...., this is not good news. There is no better airline app out there than the United one, no need to improve or redesign whatsoever.
AMEN!!!!

Originally Posted by UKOK
Please just let me stay logged in.
Now that you can use fingerprint to login it isn't as bad, but it would be nice

Originally Posted by TomMM
The only enhancement I'd like to see is the ability to apply upgrade instruments.
That would be the only thing that would be cool to be added, but not the end of the world if we have to give up too much else in this "Redesign"
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HHonors Diamond,PC, Marriott Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM
My sentiments exactly!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by jayzala
ICYMI:
https://exclusives.mileageplus.com/L...ned-United-app

Looks like they are teaming up with The Points Guy, and allowing a small group of folks to see the new app, and meet an executive from United.

I've used the AA, and Delta App, and I feel like the United App is the best out there. I hope this new redesign does not take away any functionality.

Any FT'ers in NYC going to this and can report back to the broader group on what the new app is like?
Am I the only one who doesn't care what the Points Guy thinks ?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Ever since the added the "Bag Tracking" feature, the United app has had everything, and more, than any of the competitor's apps contain. As others mentioned, it is definitely faster than the website and much easier to navigate for easy information. They have features that competitors don't even remotely have yet and hope that none of them go away from the redesign.

Please don't redesign the app just for the sake of redesign. It is really, really good as it is today.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: UA 1K
First the website, now the app? Oh man......
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
Breakfast for 2,500 miles does not seem like a terrible deal though...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
They must have determined that the App had too much functionality and/or was running too quickly.
Like with the website.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
It will be "interactive and immersive" I am sure ! I think we can probably predict the other corp BS that gets spewed up at the event.
You forgot "more personalized."
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Like most, I am a huge fan of the app and it is one of the things that keeps me with United. My only gripe is that sometimes it gets out-of-sync (can't check in to flights under 24 hours, boarding passes missing, gate info on boarding passes old...) and hitting the reload icon doesn't get it in-sync, but over the past couple months I've noticed that less and less so perhaps they've fixed it.

The different flight status buttons is odd, and of course being able to do instrument / miles upgrades would be great, but for what I need when I'm not in front of a computer, it's pretty darned good.

Well, except when it lies about your connections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.