Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Lima Service Transitioning to Polaris November 1, 2018

Lima Service Transitioning to Polaris November 1, 2018

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass Platinum
Not sure what the OP is asking. Is it about the seats? UA service to Lima is full Polaris business class which is quite nice. If you can find it, book it.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by spartac
...Has anyone been successful booking EWR-LIM on J ir any other decent business to Lima? Thanks
Thousands of people have successfully booked EWR-LIM in J on CO thru 2012 and United since then. There are several connections from YUL that will connect to EWR-LIM. What's the problem?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have done LGA-IAH-LIMA to get on the 767 business cabin rather than sitting in the 757 recently. No issues with ticketing in business class unless there are specific dates in question.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Hello

I'm flying from Montreal to Lima and looking for 2 Business class tickets. So far the best route I saw with expedia and such is through Newark, with United . However I have not been able to see flight availability for two tickets all the way.
Has anyone been successful booking EWR-LIM on J ir any other decent business to Lima? Thanks
Did this return in July. 757 with 2x2 J class seating with lie flats. 10 times better than AC rouge for an 8 hour flight.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
.... Has anyone been successful booking EWR-LIM on J ir any other decent business to Lima? Thanks
Are you asking about cash bookings or award bookings?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:21 am

Hello

I'm looking for award booking. What I am struggling with is finding flights all the way for 2 people, on J. Thanks! Right now the plan is to leave around Fri Dec 20th (+ or - one day) and return around January 4th or 5th (which is not out yet). Planning to book 2 one way award tickets.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Hello

I'm looking for award booking. What I am struggling with is finding flights all the way for 2 people, on J. Thanks! Right now the plan is to leave around Fri Dec 20th (+ or - one day) and return around January 4th or 5th (which is not out yet). Planning to book 2 one way award tickets.
Those days are prime days of travel and United will only release Business award seats if they see that they are not selling.

Also I thought that awards are released 330 days out. Isn't now a little too early?

Last edited by StuckinITH; Jan 2, 2019 at 5:14 am Reason: Add comment
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G, AA Plat
Hello

I booked via Avianca from LAX -> Bogota -> Lima. Lie flat seats for both flights. If you want to stay on UA metal, then like others have said, IAH/EWR.. But I found better availability (and pricing) out of LAX.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:17 am

Thanks guys. I'll keep checking.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
LIM flights tend to be among the easier Polaris routes to find award/upgrade space, so I would keep checking, although as others have said, that is peak travel season. 70k miles RT is a great value, although with fares to LIM so cheap ex-Canada, I would honestly rather just pay cash.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
I flew from IAH<->LIM and sometimes you can get into the Polaris Business class at 35K miles business saver award ticket.
which is a good deal compare to the USD$3500 ticket price.

that 767-300 is relatively good seat as a Polaris Business class, it's fully flat and Saks fifth avenue duvet, also with amenity kit.
also 2 meals provided, one is the normal lunch/dinner meal, another is light fruit meal prior arrival.

Last edited by phoxay; Feb 12, 2019 at 12:57 am
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
In December I took LIM-EWR flight on 752 from 35k redemption, so savers do exist. (EWR-LIM the way there was unfortunately 90k) Had access to the Polaris lounge at EWR, which was nice.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 5:57 pm

Any update on this?

also - does this flight count toward complimentary upgrades?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by letsbeadventurers
Any update on this?

also - does this flight count toward complimentary upgrades?
This has and will probably remain an instrument upgrade only route for at least in the near future. Miles or GPU required.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LIM remains Polaris AFAIK. I flew there in February.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.