Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2018)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
UA 85 TLV-EWR cancelled today due to maintenance (a tire issue apparently). A friend of mine was on board for 4 hours before the cancellation. I assume she’s entitled to some compensation but not sure what. Hopefully she gets out soon.
And here's your answer:

https://media.united.com/images/Medi...09-REV-ADA.pdf
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tomsundstrom
UA 85 TLV-EWR cancelled today due to maintenance (a tire issue apparently). A friend of mine was on board for 4 hours before the cancellation. I assume she’s entitled to some compensation but not sure what. Hopefully she gets out soon.
It's a bit complicated:
Best practices / experiences for making claims based on Israel Aviation Services Law

Perhaps most likely compensation would be goodwill gesture, not anything statutory.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
Awesome thanks. Turns out she got rebooked direct to sfo, so she’ll get in only 8 hours later than she would have.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
June 27 - ICN-SFO cancelled after a 3 1/2 hour initial delay due to "prolonged maintenance".
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Jul 1 UA618 - YVR-SFO 6am originally scheduled, delayed for 6 hours at first due to operational issue, now its 4 hours.

On hold now trying to figure out my options...
iwc likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
"...working to find a new flight crew..."

What's been your experience with this situation - my SFO-SIN flight UA 29 tomorrow is showing delayed, "because we're working to find a new flight crew." It's just under 24 hours from now and showing a 5 minute delay (which seems like just a placeholder). Is this issue easily remedied? It seems that it wouldn't be easy to locate replacement crews for this 16+ hour flight if they don't know now whether they have them. If this same messages stays on the rest of the day today, at what point would you assume cancellation and request reacommodation?

EDIT: Called again about an hour later. 1K rep called Ops and found out they have a crew, it's just that they need an additional 5 minutes of rest time. No idea why they chose this message rather than the "crew rest" reason they usually post. So no longer (as) concerned. I did find out that SQ doesn't accept assigned tickets in the event of IRROPS (at least according to two 1K reps), so any non-UA option would have to be another airline.

Last edited by tarheelnj; Jul 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm Reason: see added note
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA 1k
UA990 SFO-CDG delayed 2+ hours and now we have deplaned due to a computer problem in the cockpit. Seems like a strong chance of a cancellation.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by SFO28L
UA990 SFO-CDG delayed 2+ hours and now we have deplaned due to a computer problem in the cockpit. Seems like a strong chance of a cancellation.
Hmmm. That is the plane I am supposed to be catching today CDG-IAD

Interested to see when the aircraft departs SFO as currently showing a 2 hour delay for "Where is my aircraft coming from" on the app.

I think the CDG-IAD flight is the last UA CDG flight for the day. Guess I will make sure to keep out additional items in my carryon for an additional day in Paris.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Jul 3, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:16 pm

Programs: UA 1k
There is a later flight to EWR In the summer with a 13:10 departure time.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 6:24 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by SFO28L
There is a later flight to EWR In the summer with a 13:10 departure time.
The EWR option would require an overnight at EWR to get to SAN. Will wait to see what happens to the CDG-IAD flight today.

Last edited by Aussienarelle; Jul 3, 2019 at 6:53 pm
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:17 pm

Sun July 07 870 SYD-SFO delayed 3 hours

870 just flew overhead my house which piqued my interest being some 3 hours late - however the website explanation was curious to me.

This being a Sunday Morning flight departing SYD I thought the crew arrived on Friday Morning from SFO however I remember that only yesterday (Saturday Morning) 863 SFO-SYD diverted to BNE due to fog in SYD meaning they arrived about three hours late into SYD. My point/question is: Do the SYD flight crews only get a 24 hour break in SYD these days ? - in days gone by I remember it was more than 48 hours off in SYD.

United Flight 870

Status: Your flight departed late because your crew arrived later than scheduled and did not have sufficient off-duty/rest time required by federal law. We're sorry for the inconvenience. (In Flight - Estimated to Arrive 2 Hours 53 Minutes Late)
Old Jul 8, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Aspen
870 just flew overhead my house which piqued my interest being some 3 hours late - however the website explanation was curious to me.

This being a Sunday Morning flight departing SYD I thought the crew arrived on Friday Morning from SFO however I remember that only yesterday (Saturday Morning) 863 SFO-SYD diverted to BNE due to fog in SYD meaning they arrived about three hours late into SYD. My point/question is: Do the SYD flight crews only get a 24 hour break in SYD these days ? - in days gone by I remember it was more than 48 hours off in SYD.

United Flight 870

Status: Your flight departed late because your crew arrived later than scheduled and did not have sufficient off-duty/rest time required by federal law. We're sorry for the inconvenience. (In Flight - Estimated to Arrive 2 Hours 53 Minutes Late)
IAH-SYD crew getting 3 days, since not everyday flight like SFO-SYD (On my Friday AM arrival last week, FA told me they were flying back on Monday)
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: UA1k 3mm, HH-LifeDiamond, Mar-LifePlatElite
UA 888 left sfo towards PEK about 7 hrs late (7/8). Not sure of the cause yet, but it’s delayed 889 (PEK-SFO) by at least 7 hrs here today on 7/9.

Now Arriving In SFO after 7pm.

Not sure where this aircraft was scheduled after it lands in sfo, so be aware.

Looks like frame #2706
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UAgeek71
UA 888 left sfo towards PEK about 7 hrs late (7/8). Not sure of the cause yet, but it’s delayed 889 (PEK-SFO) by at least 7 hrs here today on 7/9.

Now Arriving In SFO after 7pm.

Not sure where this aircraft was scheduled after it lands in sfo, so be aware.

Looks like frame #2706
N206UA (no. 2706) was a sub for N204UA (no. 2704), the original tail, once the delay reached about 5h.

Don't know what that means about maintenance needs for either, though. N206UA is scheduled to go to CDG day after it gets back to SFO. N204UA is en route to LHR, approximately on time.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, MR Gold, HH Gold, GE
My parents are scheduled to fly back from Berlin on UA 963 tomorrow (July 10) and have been notified that the departure will be delayed from 9:40 until 12:30. Apparently there have been mechanical problems on UA 962 tonight requiring a plane swap and a 4 hour & 40 min. delay....and the flight hasn’t left Newark yet. The 12:30 departure for UA 963 is looking extremely optimistic. At least I’ve been able to assist them in rebooking their connection. Hopefully we’ve pushed that back far enough that they will make the rebooked connection.

Edit - UA 962 left the gate at 10:38 and is estimated to arrive in Berlin at 12:01
Ohhotdamm likes this.

Last edited by eakcats; Jul 9, 2019 at 8:42 pm Reason: updated information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.