Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
For domestic flight issues, use Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2019]

Information resources:
UA Flight Status
FlightAware / Flightstats (flight details)
Cancelled Flights (FlightAware)
Diverted Flights

Previous international delayed / cancelled report threads
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2018)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2017)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2015)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2014)
Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2012/13)

If you need documentation of delay / cancellation for trip insurance or refunds from hotel / tour / .... operator, try this
Verification letters
Upon request, we can provide a statement of proof that a United flight was delayed or canceled. You may email your request to [email protected]. Be sure to include the names of all customers in your party, confirmation number, flight numbers and dates of travel, phone contact and the email address or mailing address where you would like it sent. Please allow 5-10 business days for processing.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated delayed/cancelled international flights (2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
UA934 EWR-LHR 764 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA121 BCN-EWR 764 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA883 LHR-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance

tomorrow

UA15 LHR-EWR 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Mar 30, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Sitting on UA18 MXP-EWR with a 3+ hour delay due to a broken door. They said the caterers did something and now it won't arm. Should depart by 1240p (supposedly).
Old Mar 30, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
UA927 29MAR19 FRA-SFO departure delayed ~2 hours due to a flight computer issue. Pushed back from the gate and went nowhere; ended up on a MX stand while the mechanics rebooted one of the computers. Eventually arrived into SFO about 90 minutes late, with SFO being a bit of a zoo (Global Entry down; AirTrain down; the escalator from international arrivals to departures down).
Old Mar 30, 2019, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UA858 PVG-SFO 789 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

UA986 CDG-ORD 763 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
UA127 DUB-EWR 752 cancelled due to aircraft maintenance
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:26 am

Hi. Can anyone sort out what happened to Flight 954 (April 4 departure)? We are waiting on that flight and are also now delayed. From the flight status notes, it sounds like a medical issue onboard and maybe the plane turned around? I cannot sort it out. Hope the person is ok.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by daisyatl
Hi. Can anyone sort out what happened to Flight 954 (April 4 departure)? We are waiting on that flight and are also now delayed. From the flight status notes, it sounds like a medical issue onboard and maybe the plane turned around? I cannot sort it out. Hope the person is ok.
From United's flight status page...looks like it should be leaving for TLV shortly after ~12 hour delay.

United Flight 954

Status: We apologize for the extended delay. Your flight crew will be arriving shortly. Once they've finished preparing the cabin for departure, we'll begin boarding UA Flight 954 at Gate 98. Your estimated departure time is 10:25 AM, arriving in Tel Aviv at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by atword
From United's flight status page...looks like it should be leaving for TLV shortly after ~12 hour delay.
United Flight 954

Status: We apologize for the extended delay. Your flight crew will be arriving shortly. Once they've finished preparing the cabin for departure, we'll begin boarding UA Flight 954 at Gate 98. Your estimated departure time is 10:25 AM, arriving in Tel Aviv at 10:22 AM.
Thanks. That I know. I am trying to understand what happened on the flight. Did it take off and then get diverted back to SFO and then crew went illegal? It is a long delay.

Message on my flight:

Status: Your inbound plane is delayed because of a medical diversion into San Francisco on Apr 4, and is expected to arrive at 10:37 AM. We understand how frustrating delays can be, so we appreciate your patience. Your estimated departure time is now 11:00 AM, arriving into San Francisco at 03:20 PM
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:48 am

Did it take off and then get diverted back to SFO and then crew went illegal? It is a long delay.
Yes, it took off at 11:28pm, landed at SFO at 2:43am. With offloading the sick pax (and their bags), refueling, and possibly re-catering you're not leaving till 3:30am at the earliest. Without bothering to look at the details, I can tell you 99.9% chance the crew was not legal at that point to start a 14-hour flight 4 hours late. Extremely unlikely United keeps at-airport reserves at that time since they don't have any departures after 1am or so.

They did have 1.5 hours after they decided to divert before they landed, so there was the possibility of having a short-call (telephone) reserve team there and have a 3:30am or 4am departure, but we're talking 3 or 4 777 pilots plus a full team of FAs...not surprised it didn't come together.
daisyatl likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by threeoh
Yes, it took off at 11:28pm, landed at SFO at 2:43am. With offloading the sick pax (and their bags), refueling, and possibly re-catering you're not leaving till 3:30am at the earliest. Without bothering to look at the details, I can tell you 99.9% chance the crew was not legal at that point to start a 14-hour flight 4 hours late. Extremely unlikely United keeps at-airport reserves at that time since they don't have any departures after 1am or so.

They did have 1.5 hours after they decided to divert before they landed, so there was the possibility of having a short-call (telephone) reserve team there and have a 3:30am or 4am departure, but we're talking 3 or 4 777 pilots plus a full team of FAs...not surprised it didn't come together.
Thanks! That makes sense. Long day for those on that flight. I got lucky that my Airbnb was still available and that United emailed early (12:21 pm TLV time) to notify of the delay. I hope others got the message or they, too, will have a long day (night).
Old Apr 5, 2019, 12:07 pm

Long day for those on that flight.
Yes, not sure what's worse at 3am, taking off on a 14-hour flight after having sat on the airplane for 5 hours already, or standing in a hotel voucher line being told to be back at the airport at 9am.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
PVG-EWR on April 6

UA 87 on 4/6 was cancelled due to schedule disruption. It is rescheduled as a double header on April 7 (UA 2823). What does “schedule discruption” mean? The 4/7 UA 87 is delayed by 2 h and 30 min due to operational difficulty.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA*G, NW, AA-G. WR-P, HH-G, IHG-S, ALL. TT-GE.
Originally Posted by Kmxu
UA 87 on 4/6 was cancelled due to schedule disruption. It is rescheduled as a double header on April 7 (UA 2823). What does “schedule discruption” mean? The 4/7 UA 87 is delayed by 2 h and 30 min due to operational difficulty.
It flew as far as the western tip of Kyushu then returned to PVG due to engine problems. News people have picked it up.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
April 7, UA 87, pVG-EWR, was cancelled. Two days in a row.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
UA 906 FRA-ORD diverted to CLE
Can someone confirm why I assume weather. Back in the air to ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.