Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Lhr-sfo 5-27-19

Meals Menu

Wine Menu
I had the beef short rib, which was actually OK. The beef portion was quite large and despite my, ahem, healthy appetite, I could not finish it. (I am leery of ordering beef from British locations as I once had easily the absolute worst beef in my life on a BA flight from London; I thought I was going to break the tray table trying to saw through it). The salad came with a mango dressing which was better than I thought it would be.

I think the Champagne was Lanson, but I'm not sure. It seems to me that they stock the cart on the left side of the plane with the bottle and FA's serve from that.

The Hamburger Wellington was not loaded, some sort of beef stew was offered in place so I took the Macaroni and cheese pie, which was utterly devoid of flavor. No amount of butter, salt and pepper could help.
onthesam and Filzee like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by 1kBill

The Hamburger Wellington was not loaded, some sort of beef stew was offered in place so I took the Macaroni and cheese pie, which was utterly devoid of flavor. No amount of butter, salt and pepper could help.
Again I ask: why UA why cater this item? New strategy to leave the worst possible last impression on Polaris pax?

Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by onthesam
Again I ask: why UA why cater this item?
The same reason the salads are now kale everything.

Mac'n'cheese is hipster trendy flavor of the month. Taste is irrelevant. Think Blue Bottle coffee
EWR764, MatthewLAX and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
It seems several Flyertalkers are recommending tenderloins out of NRT. Shall I try it or go for my usual pick of Japanese meal?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
It seems several Flyertalkers are recommending tenderloins out of NRT. Shall I try it or go for my usual pick of Japanese meal?
It's as good a steak as you'll get on UA, but if you enjoy (and are not tired of) the Japanese meal may not be worth the risk of disappointment.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
2019-05-22 UA863 SFO-SYD - Dinner

Menu:

App & salad:

Main: Spicy Chicken

Dessert:

Missed any hot mid-flight items.

Breakfast: Southwestern Omelette

David
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:02 pm

I see the "shrimp" singular appetizer has made it to the international J cabin.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I see the "shrimp" singular appetizer has made it to the international J cabin.
Actually, I received/was served 2 shrimp. Or, as others on my flight characterized them, "prawns".

David
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
FRA-EWR
UA961

Boeing 787-10
Meal: Lunch, snack

Meal took a bit over 2h to finish, super slow the first hour but then picked up pace after.

Menu

Appetizer

Main - chicken, I found it pretty good, ingredients were all fresh and wasn't too salty

Sundae

Pre-arrival snack - beef stew
onthesam and narvik like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
June 6 IAD-PEK

narvik likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 2MM
On a recent flight UA872 TPE-SFO, champagne was Jacquart Brut. It took an hour from the time of take-off until I received my first drink order. I was bored so I decided to time this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
ORD-NRT 12 June 1245 pm (delayed to 350 pm) 772 seat 1K

Old 3-class bird on a mech sub. Went with all Japanese. Not bad but will get the tenderloin and garlic bread ex-NRT on the return. Extremely inattentive crew - I counted 27 consecutive FA passes by my empty glass post-meal service before I finally was asked if I would like anything else.

jazzhou and narvik like this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by st530
Old 3-class bird on a mech sub. Went with all Japanese. Not bad but will get the tenderloin and garlic bread ex-NRT on the return. Extremely inattentive crew - I counted 27 consecutive FA passes by my empty glass post-meal service before I finally was asked if I would like anything else.
Personally, I would have thought that going with "all Japanese" out of NRT might have been a better selection. Bummer that the ORD crew didn't do their job. Were the 27 FA no-op passes multiple FAs or just the single FA assigned to your area?

David
Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Here's my priority order out of NRT
  1. Spicy Chicken or Lemongrass Chicken if available
  2. If I'm just connecting through and haven't spent time in Japan - the Japanese meal
  3. If I've been eating good Japanese food on the ground - the beef (and I don't usually eat red meat - definitely agree with those who say it's a cut above).
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by DELee
Personally, I would have thought that going with "all Japanese" out of NRT might have been a better selection. Bummer that the ORD crew didn't do their job. Were the 27 FA no-op passes multiple FAs or just the single FA assigned to your area?

David
Multiple.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.