Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Is this the Southwest omelet? It's not very spicy (reminder to myself, bring little bottle of Tabasco on my next flight) but I like it way better than the other omelets: those are disgusting.
Yes, as others have mentioned, it is the Southwest omelet. I do find that there is some variation in the spiciness. But is is still the best omelet IMO.
cesco.g and MatthewLAX like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by zeer0
Wow, that looks hideous. This is a new low for Polaris. Jeez.
I confirmed with United that all int'l meals will now be served on this casserole dish.

How pathetic. I'll write about it tomorrow. Almost as bad as the partner award space blocking.
EWR764, demkr, SkiPremier and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I confirmed with United that all int'l meals will now be served on this casserole dish.

How pathetic. I'll write about it tomorrow. Almost as bad as the partner award space blocking.
Pathetic isn't the word.

The mains look like garbage. Great move, United!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As discussed in another thread this seems to be a consequence of reducing the FA count by one as of 1 Feb, part of which is going to preplated meals.
IIRC, DL has been moving to preplated service as well, and now UA (AA?) follows suit.
It would be interesting to get some feedback, how DL meal service compares to this latest UA "adventure".
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member

i will avoid UA at all costs if this is what Polaris has degraded into. So sad. Hello, *A partners.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Million Miler, Marriott platinum, lifetime platinum
I'm so sorry I have 4 Polaris flights in the next couple months. I don't understand....they spend all this money to glamorize their Polaris lounge, and cheapen the service to less than domestic first. How absurd.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
That looks only slightly better than an economy meal...
I look forward to seeing how this strategy of premium pricing and PE soft product works out
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium

Just read your piece. It really is sad how UA keeps chipping away at Polaris. I'm flying D1 next month (for the first time) and I have a feeling I'll like it a lot better.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
It gets even worse: NRT-IAD ...

Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Disgraceful. At this point, why even bother?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by rch4u
It gets even worse: NRT-IAD ...

God, that is pathetic...
Trotter project must be so proud of their name on this garbage...
EWR764, jasonp622 and zeer0 like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:55 pm

Let us compare...

As much as the others aren't great, UA is just that much worse and harkens to an era when business was the second cabin on the plane.

AA

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b1cc476541.jpg

DL

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...171aa8b5c6.jpg

Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1 MM, AA, DL
Think of the weight they could save if they switched to plastic utensils, glasses.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
2/3/2019
PEK-EWR

I had the fish. I couldn't say what fish it was, as it was inedible, and had no similarity to any fish I have ever cooked or consumed. Hard as a rubber sole. Worst fish I have had on United, ever.
Risotto wasn't all that bad. I ate everything on the plate except the fish.

I can only assume it was left-over fish from when Smisek was still working at Continental.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UnitedGS_seat2B
I hate landing at night local time and being served breakfast. Especially the extremely spicy omelette and sausage when landing in Mumbai, India. It’s way to spicy just before landing and having breakfast tricks me into thinking it’s time to get up.

I have complained many times to the crew the stupid survey they send you after the flight; nothing. No change. A sandwich or wrap would be a better option.
Originally Posted by qfrodo
Welcome to Flyertalk.
Everyone has their own preferences as you will discover. For myself, breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, I could have the spicy omelet morning noon and night.
I'm with qfrodo on this. That omelette is one of the best things in the air! Granted, I like spicy food, and an omelette is a great dinner. Never thought of it as a breakfast item, but then in general I don't associate particular foods with times of day (other than trying to not stuff myself right before bedtime).

Originally Posted by rch4u
Make sure you eat before boarding! A glimpse of the new "enhanced" Polaris meals in the tiny domestic casserole dishes, LAX-NRT ...

Egad! heading to FRA this week, and seeing this has me more concerned than I originally was. Hopefully the spicy thai chicken is on the menu, because I suspect that will somewhat survive the pre-plating. Really disappointing - lucky for UA (not that I really matter to them) that I'm closing in on 2MM and want to get that out of the way (for what little it's actually worth).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.