Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Originally Posted by st530
As previewed in post 469 ...

It looks to me like an unusually generous amount of "egg" "whites."
CREN likes this.

Last edited by onthesam; Aug 14, 2019 at 4:48 pm Reason: added quotation marks
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:41 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by onthesam
It looks to me like an unusually generous amount of "egg" "whites."
I want to agree with you but I struggle with associating the word “generous” with anything UA premium-service-related these days ...
perkele likes this.

Last edited by st530; Aug 15, 2019 at 4:42 am
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The word that comes to my mind is "disgusting."
rch4u and SkiPremier like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA

LOL. I don't understand what happened from the picture with the sandwich closed and then open. Seems like it created a huge egg filling on its own. Can't figure out how all that was inside the sandwich when then it wasn't.. ;-)
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
LOL. I don't understand what happened from the picture with the sandwich closed and then open. Seems like it created a huge egg filling on its own. Can't figure out how all that was inside the sandwich when then it wasn't.. ;-)
Ha. I flipped it around to the open side for pic 2. If you look closely at the first pic, you can see the egg white goo spilling out of the open half of the sandwich opposite the photo-taking side.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:12 am

Premium Transcon Menu August

Not a big issue but just wondering if anyone knows the eastbound and westbound menus for breakfast this month from EWR to LA and return? I have two kids and just want to confirm that I can cover them or if I need to order them a kids choice. I saw a bit up thread that it looks like eastbound is quiche pancakes or cereal just wondering if westbound anybody has any info yet? Thanks in advance. Saw that there was actually a Hindu vegetarian option which I was considering. Anyone have any experience with this on the transcon?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by conquistador74
Not a big issue but just wondering if anyone knows the eastbound and westbound menus for breakfast this month from EWR to LA and return? I have two kids and just want to confirm that I can cover them or if I need to order them a kids choice. I saw a bit up thread that it looks like eastbound is quiche pancakes or cereal just wondering if westbound anybody has any info yet? Thanks in advance. Saw that there was actually a Hindu vegetarian option which I was considering. Anyone have any experience with this on the transcon?
Cereal is pretty much always one of the options. Guessing that's usually ok for kids, but ymmv
Old Aug 15, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
The menus never change. It's always an omelet/quiche, pancakes/souffle/French toast, or cereal. Served with yogurt, fruit, and a ramekin of granola. Small sandwiches and wraps prior to landing.
MatthewLAX and CREN like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:19 am

Sure is, done the route with them several times...just was hoping for even a little change! Lol
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Sure is, done the route with them several times...just was hoping for even a little change! Lol
Remember too you can usually get something from coach with no issues. My teenage son usually orders the burger. In fact last flight I flew with him, the great FA even offered that in advance when my son said he didn't see anything he liked.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by tstauck
Remember too you can usually get something from coach with no issues. My teenage son usually orders the burger. In fact last flight I flew with him, the great FA even offered that in advance when my son said he didn't see anything he liked.
Good point, though will it be offered on a 7 a westbound and 815a eastbound?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC

Good point, though will it be offered on a 7 a westbound and 815a eastbound?
Not sure, I believe there's a separate thread on the menus in coach.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: UAL GS & Million Miler; Delta Lifetime Gold; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; Legion Etrangere

That is beyond disgusting.

It strains belief to consider that anyone trained in Culinary Arts -Heck, a short oder cook in Shawshank- would ever allow something so visually unappealing to be served
Old Aug 17, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by manstein58

That is beyond disgusting.

It strains belief to consider that anyone trained in Culinary Arts -Heck, a short oder cook in Shawshank- would ever allow something so visually unappealing to be served

I heard they were trying to pursue an alternative revenue stream for this by marketing it as a Halloween mask later on this year:

Old Aug 17, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
UA 1165 16-Aug-19 1205am LAX-EWR (Early morning on 16th, late night on 15th)

PDB was water or OJ only. Granted it was a late aircraft turn and they were waiting on FAs from another flight, so maybe they were trying to expedite things.

The choices were a salad or the Calzone. We both opted for the Calzone and it was pretty good. The cheese, meat, and sauce inside was good and the dough was the right texture - not too crispy yet not too doughy either. While I admit it was a late night departure, I still thought it was a bit skimpy for a TCON. It would have been nice if the snack basket or the pre-arrival scone was offered, but nope.

CREN likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.