Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by transportprof
What was the main course that you photographed for this meal? It looks like a melange of two United F dishes.
I've had it called something like paneer chicken masala. It does seem a slightly odd melange.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
I've had it called something like paneer chicken masala. It does seem a slightly odd melange.
I've had 100% paneer, and seen 100% chicken that looks like what you photographed. It looks like the crew took two different meals and combined them 50-50 to give a bit of both.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had 100% paneer, and seen 100% chicken that looks like what you photographed. It looks like the crew took two different meals and combined them 50-50 to give a bit of both.
It's seat38a's photo actually! But anyway, I think this is the standard way they're doing it now for whatever reason, not a crew concoction.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
What was the main course that you photographed for this meal? It looks like a melange of two United F dishes.
Paneer and Chicken Tikka Masala.
Correction it was tandoori chicken and paneer tikka masala.

Last edited by seat38a; Jul 23, 2019 at 11:32 am
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by seat38a
Paneer and Chicken Tikka Masala.
Correction it was tandoori chicken and paneer tikka masala.
"I'll have the mlange, please!"

David
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee

David
"And a glass of your finest fauxpagne to wash whatever it is down!"
elitefreak likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

David
"Ah, please, I would prefer the fauxpagne..."

David
"Me too!"

David
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Mlange + fauxpagne = Mlange a trois.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:41 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Mlange + fauxpagne = Mlange a trois.
Only if you had 3 glasses.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Old Days

On this day 4 years ago, I had a delicious seafood cioppino on a EWR-SEA flight. Big piece of fish with numerous shrimp and scallops. Now today, you'll be unlikely to find something 1/2 as good on a Polaris flight, let alone domestic F.

UA meal
tstauck likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-LGA 29 Juky 805 am A320 seat 2B

Surprise! Kale pastry. Other choice was the protein plate. It seems the midcon hot options these days are limited to this or the egg white sandwich. Anyone seen anything else lately? Per post 406, it seems the sauce placement is at FA's choice. This FA proactively placed a second prosecco on my plate even as the first was still half full. I like her! Biscuit just for show.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by st530
Surprise! Kale pastry. Other choice was the protein plate. It seems the midcon hot options these days are limited to this or the egg white sandwich. Anyone seen anything else lately? Per post 406, it seems the sauce placement is at FA's choice. This FA proactively placed a second prosecco on my plate even as the first was still half full. I like her! Biscuit just for show.

Same options on DEN->ORD this weekend. Sauce on top of the pastry though...

I did not have a plate for the cinnamon roll, however I did get a packet of hot sauce

Last edited by goodeats21; Jul 29, 2019 at 8:54 am Reason: Added pic
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
UA401 DEN-BWI
July 25, 2019
737-900 - 1E
5:15 pm - 10:42 pm - Dinner

We departed about 50 minutes late due to the late inbound aircraft from IAD, but the crew was cheerful and we were soon enjoying some friendly service. I tired the Three Thieves ros with my nuts; a bit too sweet for my taste but it was drinkable enough.

The Thai chicken or a "Cobb Salad" were on offer. I went with the salad as the noodles in the Thai dish can be overcooked to mush. The salad was composed of greens, tomatoes, black olives and cucumbers, with some sliced hard-boiled eggs. Everything tasted fresh, including the soft, pretzel roll and butter.

One thing was missing: bacon! I asked for a lemon wedge to squeeze over the salad; it cut the creaminess of the ranch dressing nicely. There was a generous amount of chicken.

Dessert was chocolate cheesecake. A small portion, but it tasted quite nice. Good service throughout the flight with several offers of drink refills.

narvik likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
LAX - BZN 7/21 9:20am "snack". CRJ-700

Full PDB choice, FA stated it was a "breakfast snack", and not bad for the 1:55 min flight. No hot towel service, but good service throughout.

seat38a likes this.

Last edited by tstauck; Jul 29, 2019 at 11:03 am Reason: Add picture
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 751 EWR-LAX 1600-1848 787-10

A horredously disappointing flight. The crew were overwhelmed and understaffed. I later overheard them complaining in the galley that this was a domestic flight but they had to work it like an international one. The right aisle got just water for a PDB. I was in the left aisle and I flagged down an FA and got a cup of warm sparkling water. The entire dinner service took three hours.

Half a cup of nuts

Two slices of tasteless chicken and a weird salad. No bread

The turbot which was actually really good. My companion's short rib was overcooked and bad

At least the warps and snack basket were nice. Between the meal and the service I absolutely regretted paying for J on this flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.