Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old May 1, 2019, 6:54 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Looks like my favorite 5:25am BOS-ORD has been “snacked”. Haven’t flown this in a while...anyone know what I’m likely to get?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
The same as all other morning Snack flights - breakfast without breakfast bread. Currently, it's the egg souffle thing and fruit.
Old May 1, 2019, 6:01 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Ericka
Looks like my favorite 5:25am BOS-ORD has been “snacked”. Haven’t flown this in a while...anyone know what I’m likely to get?

Thanks!
Just flew this route a few days ago, choices were breakfast sandwich or corn flakes, both served with fruit and yogurt. Only difference between full breakfast and "snack" breakfast is no breakfast breads. This is the one meal that is still largely intact on "snacked" flights.
Old May 1, 2019, 7:02 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Good to know guys. Thanks!
muchmahalo likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
SAT-EWR
Breakfast

Egg sandwich. Other choice was overnight oats, with the same fruit and yogurt.. They served two rows at a time, then came back with the bread basket with choice of cinnamon roll or biscuit.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Saturday, May 4
IAH-IAD, UA6231 1030 departure
E175 op by Mesa

Choice of Asian noodle salad with chicken or some tripe of sandwich, probably best FC service on Messy I’ve ever had!

Old May 6, 2019, 12:20 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1995 ORD-EWR 1645-1926 777-200

Full PDB

Always love that Glenfracias

Choice of a entree salad with chicken (that was popular, they ran out of that first) or chicken with Mac and Cheese. Obviously not a new meal but still a good one.
onthesam and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
EWR->ORD
Dinner.

Got the "all at once on a tray" service instead of drinks and nuts first. The nuts were over heated / mushy.
Entree was described by FA as a "Mexican Dish with Chicken, on the spicy side". Flavor was sort-of Mexican, but the noodles make me think more Asian...though not really an Asian flavor to it.
Would love to know what United calls it officially.

**ADDED: Well, some early posts have a better looking version of it and called it "Coconut Chicken Curry". Did not taste at all like that to me...

Old May 6, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Keeping in line with the "snacked" theme. I'm flying SFO-IAD on a 772 (with Polaris hard product!) at 11PM.

Anyone have any idea as to what "snack" will be on this flight? Can I expect at least the snack basket with the gummy bears?
Old May 6, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by turbox3
Keeping in line with the "snacked" theme. I'm flying SFO-IAD on a 772 (with Polaris hard product!) at 11PM.

Anyone have any idea as to what "snack" will be on this flight? Can I expect at least the snack basket with the gummy bears?
Hot sandwich or calzone with fruit and a packaged dessert - breakfast bread of some sort prior to landing.
Old May 7, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Thanks a bunch! I thought the sandwich/calzone items are usually only mid-con type flights?
Old May 7, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
May menu from EWR to LAX. The short rib was pretty dry and didn't have much flavor.

LAX to ITO had the lobster mac and cheese, which I really liked. They also served fresh baked cookies.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I'm losing track of whether p.s. is still pretending to have a different mealset from normal domestic. Certainly a lot of things that used to be domestic meals are showing up on p.s. these days, like the ravioli (which is at least quite tasty).

Appetizer and salad descriptions are really, really low effort too. Wow.
Old May 10, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-LASv10 May 220 pm departure 739

Was supposed to be lunch but due to weather-related catering issues, Y got pretzels and F got the Y BOB snacks passed out in a tray. No PDB offered despite drinks being fully catered as far as I could tell.

Old May 11, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
I’d agree that p.t.s. meals have taken somewhat of a nosedive. It doesn’t seem very much different than on regular F flights to the point that I’ve just avoided eating on my last 4 flights and just tried to catch up on sleep.

I flew Mint last month, and what a difference! Getting to pick your own tapas made the meal service actually somewhat exciting. And they were all delicious! (And there were extras!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.