Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Don't let Kirby see the size of the cheese portion!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
IAH-SAN dinner flight today, choice of Cobb salad w chicken on the side OR Thai Chicken dish
Old Mar 31, 2019, 6:19 pm

EWR-IAH 1810
29/3/19

Chicken Paneer or Beef Asian Salad

IAH-BWI 1528
30/3/19

Thai Coconut Chicken or Cobb Salad
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:57 pm

SFO - BOS 3/31

Dinner: The pork chop was not available. A Short Rib dish was boarded by the catering team instead. As such, I chose the chicken.
Dessert: - The chocolate flakes are a nice addition to the sundae drizzled with Bailey's

Old Apr 1, 2019, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by Kitto
SFO - BOS 3/31

Dinner: The pork chop was not available. A Short Rib dish was boarded by the catering team instead. As such, I chose the chicken.
Dessert: - The chocolate flakes are a nice addition to the sundae drizzled with Bailey's
Please tell me you ate the other shrimp prior to taking the picture!
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by 1kBill
Nope, we're now down to one shrimp. I noted this a few posts back.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Might as well just throw the shrimp into the salad with the lemon and save a plate.
jcatman likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
It's funny to note on the menu, it does say "shrimp with ...". So I guess if they're only providing one shrimp, the menu is correct but still pretty lame
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
UAX Dinner?

Hi all. I have only ever once been in a premium cabin before and that was 12 years ago. But next week for my birthday I decided to buy first class on my way back from New York. It's listed as a dinner service. This is EWR-MSP on a Republic E170 (with the small 6-seat F cabin). My understanding is that these don't have ovens. What kind of meal service can I expect? Most of this thread seems to feature mainline, P.S., and other fancier options than what I assume I'll be getting.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Shrimp looks huge or is the photo inflating it? Personally, I'd rather have 1 huge - hopefully decent - Shrimp than a couple of small ones.
Kitto likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by KKILR3
Hi all. I have only ever once been in a premium cabin before and that was 12 years ago. But next week for my birthday I decided to buy first class on my way back from New York. It's listed as a dinner service. This is EWR-MSP on a Republic E170 (with the small 6-seat F cabin). My understanding is that these don't have ovens. What kind of meal service can I expect? Most of this thread seems to feature mainline, P.S., and other fancier options than what I assume I'll be getting.
Pasta salad or a sandwich. The dinner service is usually decent on those regional flights, I recall warm towel, nuts to start, drinks in glassware.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KKILR3
As already noted, the service (typically) includes a hot towel, cold nuts, and drinks before / after dinner.

For meals, I've had two UAX dinners this year. One was described as a Cobb salad, and it had romaine, chicken, olives and an egg (sorry, I don't have a photo). It was pleasant enough but not special.

There is a post from findark with another salad, which looks a bit worse than the one I had.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30860683-post168.html

The other that I had was a sandwich wrap.

The beef tastes the same as the one served as a mainline cold entree (in case you've had it).

Here's my attempt to make the sad fruit plate and chopped lettuce/cabbage salad work.

Of the two, I think I'd choose the wrap, but only by a slight margin. The cold chicken and beef are actually quite nicely prepared, but as a whole each dish is just OK.

The Glenfarclas in the background was the best part of the meal.
EWR764 and tstauck like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:17 pm

No. Only 1 shrimp from SFO to BOS, but on the return BOS to SFO I got two!!!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
No. Only 1 shrimp from SFO to BOS, but on the return BOS to SFO I got two!!!
Maybe the one-shrimp thing is a West Coast sustainable aquaculture issue?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:43 pm

SFO - BOS 3/31

Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Might as well just throw the shrimp into the salad with the lemon and save a plate.
The shrimp x2 on the return went well with the salad. Great suggestion!

Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
The Shrimp looks huge or is the photo inflating it? Personally, I'd rather have 1 huge - hopefully decent - Shrimp than a couple of small ones.
yes it was not bad. Although I was wondering if one got lost on the way to my seat. ;P
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 3, 2019 at 5:48 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.