Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
The cat threw up in croissant thingy..........wish they would retire that thing
It's the new equivalent of the turkey puck. They probably got a fabulous close-out price (no one else would buy them) and have a warehouse somewhere absolutely stuffed to the rafters . . . .
Old Jan 21, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by zoechow
So Polaris lax-ewr, depart 8:15, would the full meal be a breakfast, and what I’d anything would you get for lunch, given that local time on arrival is already 4:30pm?
Breakfast only. You will get some light snack prior to arrival.

Depending on the wind pattern, the duration of the flight from west coast to east coast generally runs relatively quick (between 4.5 hours to 5 hours) in comparison to flying from east coast to west. I can't think of any airline which would serve two full meals.
zoechow likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Breakfast only. You will get some light snack prior to arrival.
i.e., the snack basket. Two passes if you're really lucky.

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I can't think of any airline which would serve two full meals.
UA used to serve two meals.
zoechow likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Kacee
UA used to serve two meals.
Hey, passengers then were hungrier - or at least the airlines that were competing for travel $$$ were trying to get them on their planes were hoping so.

David
zoechow likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's the new equivalent of the turkey puck. They probably got a fabulous close-out price (no one else would buy them) and have a warehouse somewhere absolutely stuffed to the rafters . . . .
Yes, I believe there is a large storage facility in Nebraska,where vast quantities of these, short ribs and individual packs of balsamic vinaigrette have been stockpiled
kirkwoodj and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Date: Jan. 20, 2019
Route: SBA-DEN
Flight Number: 4594
Departure time: 2:51 p.m.
Meal description: Snack

I SDC'd to this flight and got a surprise upgrade so it was a nice treat to have a snack on a lowly CR7. Chicken with "fennel slaw," and a small piece of cheddar, along with a Ghirardelli dark chocolate sea salt caramel square. A nice amount of food for our very quick 1:40 flight. Excellent service (GoJet); the flight attendant even brought out extra chocolates and bags of pretzels on a tray at the end of the flight.
HotelHacker and SkiPremier like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Thanks for the post and pic out of SBA Kurt - we don't get too many of those! They occasionally have an Airbus on the route which is nice for the hot dinners
Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K
SLC-ORD Midcon Dinner

SLC-ORD
6 Jan
UA2197
A319

Went with the "buffalo chicken mac n cheese" and I have to say it was quite filling and appropriate for the stage length/time of day.
HotelHacker likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
SMF-DEN on 1/22
1340 departure on A320
choice of cheese plate or bowl with chicken, quinoa and other stuff

Old Jan 23, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Yes, I noticed some A319 flights at SBA in May: evening arrival from DEN and morning departure to DEN.

Originally Posted by tstauck
Thanks for the post and pic out of SBA Kurt - we don't get too many of those! They occasionally have an Airbus on the route which is nice for the hot dinners
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
SMF-DEN on 1/22
1340 departure on A320
choice of cheese plate or bowl with chicken, quinoa and other stuff

I don't see much cheese on that cheese plate.

What's being served on the TCon Red-eyes for the snack lately? The website says a hot sandwich and a chocolate truffle? Does anyone have any specifics as to the sandwich types? Does anything else come with it? Is there a pre-arrival snack (scone or something)?
Air Houston likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:14 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
EWR - MEX
UA1063

Eggs w/ cheese in a crust and ham

Last edited by ft1984; Jan 24, 2019 at 9:34 am Reason: Pic didn't upload..blame united wifi
Old Jan 26, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2019-01-16
UA2418 LAX-EWR (A/C 781 (N14001 / #1001 ))
Breakfast

Forgot to post these last week.

Menu:

No PDB - was a last minute upgrade

Due to turbulence, breakfast service didn't start until about 45 minutes into the flight. Started with TJ and went with the scramble:

Decided to pull out my BrOT (Bring On Travel) tortilla supplies to make RYOBT (roll your own breakfast tacos) rather than deal with scrambled eggs and chorizo sausage ball bearings potentially rolling around the cabin - It worked!

FWIW, the FA serving breakfast in my section, when she was carrying the bread/rolls tray, had supplies of Cholula if desired. Personally, I decided to use some of my own Diablo sauce anyway.

Enjoy!

David

p.s. Forgot to take shots of the pre-arrival wraps/sandwiches (half cut roast beef wraps & mozzarella sandwiches)
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA
Looks good. Did you look up the menu before your flight, or are tortillas a "never leave home without them" sort of item?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HotelHacker
Looks good. Did you look up the menu before your flight, or are tortillas a "never leave home without them" sort of item?
I've moved to having tortillas as a "bring them on travel" item simply because at most lounges (LAX UC, hotel buffet breakfasts, etc.), eggs, ground beef, diced chicken and such are served scrambled/cubed. I'm tired of having to try to manufacture a breakfast sandwich/messy sloppy joe/etc. out of rolly polly type things when all I want to do is eat some loose items together and not spend a bunch of time with a knife and fork. Generally, any provided sliced breads are not terribly effective and most places in the U.S. don't specifically think to have tortillas. Tortillas pack flat and I can then always make a taco or even a small wrap that's now hand holdable/portable.

David
EWR764, HotelHacker and zeer0 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.