Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 3, 19, 1:58 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 20, 19, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj View Post
Sriracha makes travel bottles, same size as purel little bottles
Tabasco has a 75 ml bottle - been my carry-on buddy for years!
kirkwoodj and manstein58 like this.
Old Nov 20, 19, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by narvik View Post
What is that?

It looks like something one could encounter along the curbside at 2am downtown.
Slop on a plate!

Really, dogs could turn up their noses at something that unappealing!
Old Nov 20, 19, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.8MM, AAdvantage, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
LGA-IAH 20 Nov 214p A320 seat 1B

Same choices as IAH-EWR 2 days earlier. I thought they mixed up the midcons depending on direction. In any event, in lieu of yet another Thai chicken noodle I got the Cobb salad which wasn’t bad except for the two embarrassingly tiny slices of hard-boiled egg. Between them they may have totaled about 1/4 of one hard-boiled egg. I can imagine Kirby’s bean counters tallying up the savings from using 1/4 of an egg for each Cobb salad instead of 1/2 or (gasp!) a whole egg.

Last edited by st530; Nov 21, 19 at 2:42 pm
Old Nov 21, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by st530 View Post
I can imagine Kirby’s bean counters tallying up the savinga from using 1/4 of an egg for each Cobb salad instead of 1/2 or (gasp!) a whole egg.
I had this same exact experience, but via one of the lower revenue routes to Central America. These catering issues are getting ridiculous, but apparently it's smarter to compensate disappointed FF's while keeping said issues rather than to save money by simply preventing the issue. Kirby logic
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 5:08 pm
st3

Programs: National Exec, UA MP, Bonvoy
UA1458 TPA-SFO
Choices were lobster mac and cheese or the ubiquitous lentil chili. I am not a big shellfish fan and the idea of previously cooked shellfish in cheese that is then reheated on an airplane isn't very appetizing. The lentil chili was OK, nothing to write home about but I've had worse too.

Old Nov 26, 19, 5:11 pm
st3

Programs: National Exec, UA MP, Bonvoy
UA 1819 DEN-TPA
Choices were "thai chicken" or a salad with (cold) chicken. I wanted a hot meal so I got the thai chicken and it was pretty good actually. A prime example of something heating up better in airplane kitchens than others. A few people elected to get the burger from the back.
dilanesp likes this.
Old Nov 26, 19, 11:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
11/18/19 UA653 LAX-IAD (772)

Lunch

David

p.s. Found breakfast menu for t.p.s. in the magazine slot for 1B:

kirkwoodj and dilanesp like this.
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:18 pm

Programs: All the programs!
IAH-EWR Breakfast protein plate. I thought this was a bit lacking. The other choice was a pastry.

Old Nov 29, 19, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Is there a flight minimum length for getting ice-cream in first? I've flown from ORD to SFO a number of times during meal service (lunch and dinner) and only have ever had cake...
Old Nov 29, 19, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by A Little Cow View Post
Is there a flight minimum length for getting ice-cream in first? I've flown from ORD to SFO a number of times during meal service (lunch and dinner) and only have ever had cake...
Domestically, it seems coast-to-coast and to/from Hawaii, so maybe 5 hours or so?
Old Nov 30, 19, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K MM (soon to be Gold), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oopl View Post
IAH-EWR Breakfast protein plate. I thought this was a bit lacking. The other choice was a pastry.

(bolding mine)

Well, it looks like you got a whole egg all to yourself: that's almost unheard of on United!
Old Dec 3, 19, 7:19 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
SLC-EWR
Lunch
A320

PDB, warm ramekin with nuts, and another choice of lobster mac & cheese or salad with chicken slices and dinner roll already on the tray.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
UA 6009: MSP to IAD
November 14, 2019
Canadair CRJ-700, Snack

After pictures of shrink-wrapped cheese products for Express snacks, I was actually pleasantly surprised at this offering.

The slaw has green apple in it, and the chicken was tasty. As usual with daytime Snack flights, it's hardly a replacement for a meal, but it does hit the spot if all you wanted was a little bite to eat. If only this could replace the snack basket...
oopl and tstauck like this.
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AS MVPG75K; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Refugeeist
Originally Posted by findark View Post
If only this could replace the snack basket...
Is it just me or has UA seriously downgraded the snack basket in recent months? There have only been like four options the last several times I've seen it - banana, potato chips, gummy bears, and some kind of cracker. Much weaker than what I've been offered on DL, AA, or B6 recently.
Old Dec 3, 19, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
Is it just me or has UA seriously downgraded the snack basket in recent months? There have only been like four options the last several times I've seen it - banana, potato chips, gummy bears, and some kind of cracker. Much weaker than what I've been offered on DL, AA, or B6 recently.
I usually ignore the snack basket on UA without even looking, but I do agree that the DL one is noticeably better. Haven't flown other US carriers recently.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Search this Thread