Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by goodeats21
5:20 PM departure. App indicated dinner, which surprised me.
Apparently surprised the catering department as well...

I thought the salt and pepper packet was a nice touch.
That ain't good eats - but hush about the salt and pepper packet, Kirby will get rid of those too. As it is, I am surprised they gave you TWO slices of cheddar AND a stem on one of the grapes. Oh Lord, the margins!
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Anyone have the November Eastbound premium transcon menu?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
5:20 PM departure. App indicated dinner, which surprised me.
Apparently surprised the catering department as well...

I thought the salt and pepper packet was a nice touch.
Wow. Just wow.

It appears the grapes were individually arranged to try to cover some of the empty white space.
Ericka, kirkwoodj and narvik like this.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
Wow. Just wow.

It appears the grapes were individually arranged to try to cover some of the empty white space.
I think that is Brownian motion. No chance FA or catering put that much care into it.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:42 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
I think that is Brownian motion. No chance FA or catering put that much care into it.
An NRT crew would

Don't they usually come in a bunch?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM

Don't they usually come in a bunch?
Usually yes, but those pictured were ones that fell apart when they hit the galley floor. 5 second rule applies.
cesco.g, Ericka and Kacee like this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Usually yes, but those pictured were ones that fell apart when they hit the galley floor
and rolled into the lav . . . .
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by narvik
Usually yes, but those pictured were ones that fell apart when they hit the galley floor. 5 second rule applies.
and rolled into the lav . . . .

Hey, hey. Careful here. I ate some of those...

LOL
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Hey, hey. Careful here. I ate some of those...

LOL
Tasty!

David
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Amex Plat
Flew RT EWR-RSW last week.

Both directions one of the options was the Buffalo Chicken w/Cauliflower Rice (which I had seen previously on this thread).

However on both flights the FA taking orders simply described it as "Buffalo Chicken with Rice". Now if I had not known better I would have ordered this, but I personally despise cauliflower and the smell to me is detestable.

Well MOST of the 55+ crowd on these flights that ordered the mis-described dish must've felt the same because there was widespread complaining and asking for snack boxes instead.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
UA1065 EWR to MEX 11/09. PDB of choice despite being a late aircraft!! & excellent FA tending to FC in a way that seemed like 2 FA's instead of 1. Also, it sounded like they did away with the rose, but maybe someone here could clarify that.

I pre-ordered a Hindu meal 72 hours in advance (to report how well EWR catering does it), and they never loaded it onto the plane. I mentioned this to the FA and she used her handheld device to immediately issue an ETC. There were 3 meal options: Pork, chicken or ravioli. I opted for the ravioli and, while it was plated quite nicely, it was dry and lacked sufficient sauce to save the dish. Assorted rolls were offered: multigrain, ciabatta, pretzel & sourdough. I got a sourdough and it...didn't taste of sourdough. Dessert was OK, some sort of coffee/crumb cake. Chicken was reported as good but tiny. The pork was HUGE, at least 2x the chicken portion.

Pardon the shadow, camera flash issue

chicken

ravioli
Old Nov 10, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by MrGood
UA1065 EWR to MEX 11/09. PDB of choice despite being a late aircraft!! & excellent FA tending to FC in a way that seemed like 2 FA's instead of 1. Also, it sounded like they did away with the rose, but maybe someone here could clarify that.

I pre-ordered a Hindu meal 72 hours in advance (to report how well EWR catering does it), and they never loaded it onto the plane. I mentioned this to the FA and she used her handheld device to immediately issue an ETC. There were 3 meal options: Pork, chicken or ravioli. I opted for the ravioli and, while it was plated quite nicely, it was dry and lacked sufficient sauce to save the dish. Assorted rolls were offered: multigrain, ciabatta, pretzel & sourdough. I got a sourdough and it...didn't taste of sourdough. Dessert was OK, some sort of coffee/crumb cake. Chicken was reported as good but tiny. The pork was HUGE, at least 2x the chicken portion.

Pardon the shadow, camera flash issue

chicken

ravioli
That ravioli desperately needs more sauce, at least for my taste.
cesco.g and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by st530
That ravioli desperately needs more sauce, at least for my taste.
Agreed! And that's why anytime I order ravioli on UA, it's because I am repulsed by whatever else might be available.
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by 1kBill
Agreed! And that's why anytime I order ravioli on UA, it's because I am repulsed by whatever else might be available.
Agreed. I've had it a number of times, always as a last resort, and it's always been dry and gummy like wallpaper paste. Surely UA knows how bad this dish is?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
As a mostly vegetarian I’m glad people won’t fight me for the pasta dish...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.