Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
Can there be anything more pathetic than ONE shrimp as an appetizer for a transcon flight??????? And Kirby calls this competing on quality?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Can there be anything more pathetic than ONE shrimp as an appetizer for a transcon flight??????? And Kirby calls this competing on quality?
I guess they could enhance further to shrimp crackers or shrimp chips. Perhaps that is on the agenda for the next Trotter Project meeting?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by eng3
UA613 ORD-EWR 8:30pm Dinner/Snack
Described as Asian Noodle Salad
This actually looks great!
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 2328 EWR-MSY, 9/11/2019
A320

Veggie wrap or cheese plate on this 2.5-hour flight. For this particular timing--too late for lunch and too early for dinner--the wrap worked for me, small allotment of grapes and all. This was also my introduction to the Elysian Space Dust IPA. It's good!

Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sfoeuroflyer
Can there be anything more pathetic than ONE shrimp as an appetizer for a transcon flight???????
Broken shrimp. Just like the Smisek cashews
cesco.g and CruiserCLE like this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver
UA 1873 BDL-IAD 9/14 1030-11:45 737-900

Full PDB

Not one, not two, but three passes of the snack basket (restocked between each pass). Good choice of kettle chips, gummy bears, pretzels (normal sized bags, not from economy), mini cookies, and what looked like a trail mix/nut mix.

UA 778 IAD-MCO 9/14 12:45-15:00 737-900

Full PDB, and a first round of drink orders taken before takeoff

Two passes of the same snack basket described above, with the (odd, but not unwelcome) addition of stroopwafels. Proactively offered any of the boxes/a la carte options from the back in addition to anything from the basket.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
UA726 YVR-SFO (A320)

Glass noodle salad w/ beef. Exceeded my modest expectations.

narvik likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 1254 BOS-IAH 0735-1045 737-900

Full PDB

Probably the worst two options I've been faced with: egg white, kale and tomato souffle or the "breakfast protein plate". The flight attendant apologized for the choices. This was good enough though it's way healthier than anything I like to eat and needs some actual protein.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
UA 1254 BOS-IAH 0735-1045 737-900

Full PDB

Probably the worst two options I've been faced with: egg white, kale and tomato souffle or the "breakfast protein plate". The flight attendant apologized for the choices. This was good enough though it's way healthier than anything I like to eat and needs some actual protein.
There’s nothing healthy about it, dear.
rch4u likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Santander

Looks alright ^....if you're not too hungry!
Santander likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
LAX-EWR 9:15 pm departure.

Can you guess?

Shortrib
Chicken Romesco
4 Cheese Ravioli

How many years is this now?

(I heard several pax around me ordering food from Y. I didn't eat.)
From the schedule and my previous experience, there seems to be only a snack served.
Just wondering, what to expect. Still hope, I will make it early enough to swing by the TBIT *-lounge though.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 7:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
With not have been my choice either but
Egg Whites Nutrition: High in Protein, Low in Everything Else
Old Sep 15, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cesco.g
From the schedule and my previous experience, there seems to be only a snack served.
Just wondering, what to expect. Still hope, I will make it early enough to swing by the TBIT *-lounge though.
That was the menu at my seat on Friday night. Perhaps it was left from the EWR outbound? I didn't eat so I can't say for sure.

I went to both *A and UC pre-flight . . . they did still have the Korean beef in the UC.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by physioprof
This actually looks great!
I normally fly ORD-PHL with no meal so it was interesting getting a meal on nearly the same length flight. FA is definitely in a little bit of a rush.
It's a little awkward to eat. Is it a noodle dish or a salad? I also hate pretzel rolls.
I already filled up at the polaris lounge thinking I wasnt going to get upgraded, but a last minute A319->A320 allowed me to squeeze in. So I didn't eat that much of it and I was dead tired.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-SFO 631 pm 15 Sept 2019 738 Seat 1E

Is two hot options now the standard for dinner midcons? Choice of (1) cheese ravioli or (2)
burger. Went with ravioli. Not bad at all. Dare I say as good as a Polaris meal (admittedly a low bar these days). Went rosé all day instead of my usual Prosecco. And for some reason got picked up by GS for a ride to the PL despite a 2+ hour connection time. Not complaining!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.