Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Rose spotting in F!

It looks like it is Three Thieves Rose.

Picture credit goes to the 1K FB group.
onthesam likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jayzala
Rose spotting in F!

I get distracted by mai tais on Hawaiian-bound flights and totally forgot to ask about the rose. Bummer.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jayzala
Rose spotting in F!

img
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I get distracted by mai tais on Hawaiian-bound flights and totally forgot to ask about the rose. Bummer.
Is rose being added as a third option for wine, or is it replacing white, or does it just randomly show up?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
LAX-HNL
02 July 2019
UA 1170
5:03p departure
757-300

I really enjoyed this chicken with pesto, artichoke, and orzo dish, which is different than the chicken breast with pesto quinoa we've seen in past months. The other choice was cheese ravioli.

Great pic! This was one of our options from LAX-IAD last week. Other option was a ravioli.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Is rose being added as a third option for wine, or is it replacing white, or does it just randomly show up?
And any tasting notes on this Rose from FTers would be appreciated, too!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by transportprof
It was a third option. It was available on my ORD-EWR and then SEA-ORD flights. Flight Attendant said they are doing a trial in July/August to see what the interest/take is on it before they decide if they keep 3 options or not.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by chgodrew
It was a third option. It was available on my ORD-EWR and then SEA-ORD flights. Flight Attendant said they are doing a trial in July/August to see what the interest/take is on it before they decide if they keep 3 options or not.
Thanks. Who are the Three Thieves, anyway?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
I’ve had the rose on my last 3 flights and found it very drinkable — and certainly much better than the Chardonnay which was the only white option.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Does UA502 DEN-GEG have breakfast? Time listed is 2:27 but when I go to book in F it simply lists “Refreshments” instead of breakfast. Later flights are 2:16 and 2:17 so below then 2:20 cutoff for meals.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
DCA-IAH 12 July 825 am 738 seat 2E

The same ole kale and egg white pastry. Seemed slightly bigger. Other choice was turkey protein plate.

Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:25 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by CMK10
UA 4056 CLT-IAH 1830-2025 EMB-175

Full PDB

No choice, just this tray. Wrap had chicken, lettuce, and red pepper and was pretty bland and tasteless. Best part was the cookie.
It appears the infamous Kirby wrap has been doubled!
tstauck likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Does UA502 DEN-GEG have breakfast? Time listed is 2:27 but when I go to book in F it simply lists “Refreshments” instead of breakfast. Later flights are 2:16 and 2:17 so below then 2:20 cutoff for meals.
No. Despite the extraordinarily misleading meal table, UA does not use individual block time to determine meal service. When in doubt, the GDS code is almost always correct.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Now I want to try the Rosé. Maybe not the most upscale wine (retail is $11), but a good option for summertime.

"Wine Enthusiast" gives it an 86: "This clean, picnic-style wine gushes fresh fruit in the aroma and the flavor, like apricots, cherries and apples. It is medium bodied, appears slightly sweet and has a relatively soft mouthfeel."

Originally Posted by transportprof
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Kurt
Now I want to try the Rosé. Maybe not the most upscale wine (retail is $11), but a good option for summertime.

"Wine Enthusiast" gives it an 86: "This clean, picnic-style wine gushes fresh fruit in the aroma and the flavor, like apricots, cherries and apples. It is medium bodied, appears slightly sweet and has a relatively soft mouthfeel."
I can second the enthusiasm after having personally sampled several glasses between LAX and HNL. It's the best domestic wine I've had on United since their wine cellar was "enhanced" after 2012.

Please - FTers drink it up and talk it up in your post-flight surveys. Nobody else in my 757-300 front cabin would try it yesterday, so I had the bottle to myself. At that rate, it won't stay on the galley carts past Labor Day.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Here's a 1st (or "Business") for me...IAH-BJX (Leon), any idea what Mesa serves on a 2 hr. E175 to interior Mexico for Dinner?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.