Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Originally Posted by DELee

That "chicken with some sauce" middle meal was almost the exact meal I received on Day 1 of PP EWR-CDG.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 15, 2019 at 5:44 pm Reason: Please quote only needed images
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
EWR->ORD
Was pleasantly surprised to have a meal served for the 3PM departure this weekend...
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese. Nuts provided with drink as well.

Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:09 am

Programs: UA Platinum | Amex Platinum
CUN-EWR Afternoon flight 4/10

PDB of choice ^

Service was efficient but senior & tired most of the flight. They even had what they claimed was a "union break" for the 2nd half of the flight where they just sat and conversed rather than tending to the cabins

White was District 7 chardonnay & Red was Chateau Villotte bordeaux - Woohoo!

Nuts were served in tins rather than ramekins, I guess they weren't provided

Entrees were either Chicken with brown sauce or Salmon with a white sauce (omitted) Chicken was tender and flavorful. Salmon was reported as not fishy or overcooked, but a very tiny portion. The side veggies on both dishes looked sad, as well as the side salads. But at least there were the olive oil/balsamic shakers.

Choice of White, Wheat or Honey Oat (fluffy) rolls the size of mini-baseballs (not shown)

Dessert was the strangest looking cookie I've ever seen in the sky, served hot on a glass plate and with a triangulated napkin ^ The cookie had the texture of a scone once it cooled down a bit, making it even stranger.

Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrGood

PDB of choice ^

Service was efficient but senior & tired most of the flight. They even had what they claimed was a "union break" for the 2nd half of the flight where they just sat and conversed rather than tending to the cabins

White was District 7 chardonnay & Red was Chateau Villotte bordeaux - Woohoo!

Nuts were served in tins rather than ramekins, I guess they weren't provided

Entrees were either Chicken with brown sauce or Salmon with a white sauce (omitted) Chicken was tender and flavorful. Salmon was reported as not fishy or overcooked, but a very tiny portion. The side veggies on both dishes looked sad, as well as the side salads. But at least there were the olive oil/balsamic shakers.

Choice of White, Wheat or Honey Oat (fluffy) rolls the size of mini-baseballs (not shown)

Dessert was the strangest looking cookie I've ever seen in the sky, served hot on a glass plate and with a triangulated napkin ^
The cookie had the texture of a scone once it cooled down a bit, making it even stranger.

img
img
img
img
lol, union break. Pretty creative.

The cookie looks like ones I've seen in some Mexican bakeries. Different philosophy, I guess. The ones I've tried I like well enough, but I could see it being strange if unexpected.
MrGood likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
In mid June I’m on a DEN-MSY flight 11:00 am - 2:45 pm (2h 45m) that serves only a snack in first class, and I’m also on a MSY-IAD flight a week or two later 5:50 pm - 9:19 pm (2h 29m) that serves dinner in first class.

Any idea why lunch is not offered on the longer flight during lunchtime, but dinner is offer on the shorter flight?

Just curious.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
EWR-AUS
738 Lunch
A salad with chicken or chicken and Mac and cheese. We weren’t given an option but we ended up with the choice we wanted.

AUS-EWR
738 Dinner

“Breaded Chicken in a curry” or paneer.

I got the paneer and and my husband got the chicken. We both thought the paneer was better; a different presentation than the old paneer with chicken meal.
MrGood likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by airb330
AUS-EWR
738 Dinner

I got the paneer and and my husband got the chicken. We both thought the paneer was better; a different presentation than the old paneer with chicken meal.
I've been recently surprised how good UA's Indian food options have been. Not overly spicy, well seasoned, and definitely a nice change from the usual steak/chicken/pasta/salad. It's funny because folks over in the AA food thread swear by special meals such as the Indian option, due to them being the "safe choice".
Old Apr 24, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, VX Gold, Hertz 5*
They even had what they claimed was a "union break" for the 2nd half of the flight where they just sat and conversed rather than tending to the cabins
"No, I don't want to refill your drink! And good luck complaining. I pay a team of lawyers out of my own pocket every month to threaten anyone who tries to make me refill your drink."
MrGood likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold, Hertz Gold, Hyatt, Marriott
I've been recently surprised how good UA's Indian food options have been. Not overly spicy, well seasoned, and definitely a nice change from the usual steak/chicken/pasta/salad. It's funny because folks over in the AA food thread swear by special meals such as the Indian option, due to them being the "safe choice".
I agree. Just this week I did a EWR-LAS round-trip, and had Hindu meals in both directions. Really excellent meals, nicely spiced, very tasty.
MrGood likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
KEF trip in Polaris Business

According to Post #1 , I should be posting here. Why here instead of 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business ? I'm taking a flight designated as United Polaris Business.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by 747FC
According to Post #1 , I should be posting here. Why here instead of 2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business ? I'm taking a flight designated as United Polaris Business.
Post #1 says "Basically any premium cabin that is not marketed as Polaris goes in this thread." So your Polaris Business posts should be in the thread link you posted ^
Old Apr 25, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^ Looking forward to learn what they serve on this semi-TATL crossing!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Post #1 says "Basically any premium cabin that is not marketed as Polaris goes in this thread." So your Polaris Business posts should be in the thread link you posted ^
Yes, except that the OP said the current thread should contain
  • "Select European Routes (such as to/from KEF)"
Originally Posted by cesco.g
^ Looking forward to learn what they serve on this semi-TATL crossing!
I assume it won't be much...its listed as a 5:40 hour flight that depart around `10:40 PM Hopefully, I'll be fast asleep and will have to report (in the appropriate thread) based upon my wife's observations.

Last edited by 747FC; Apr 25, 2019 at 1:08 pm Reason: changed numbers
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Yes, except that the OP said the current thread should contain
  • "Select European Routes (such as to/from KEF)"

I assume it won't be much...its listed as a 5:40 hour flight that depart around `10:40 PM Hopefully, I'll be fast asleep and will have to report (in the appropriate thread) based upon my wife's observations.
I don't understand this logic, if it is marketed as Polaris (which EWR-KEF is) then it should be in the Polaris thread, vs "Business" marketed flights, if I remember from last year they round trip catered to KEF and the return meals were not that great.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
UA369 ORD-LAX 4/26

Choice of ravioli or cheeseburger.

Ravioli tasted fresh and delicious. Salad was on point. IMO one of the top domestic F offerings right now, if you're cool with the carbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.