Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA
Any recent reports of late night (after 9PM) premium transcon flights?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by beeasyed
NRT-SFO
don't remember exact wording, but Japanese Breakfast Set
conveniently, they ran out of the Japanese dinner option when they got to me. again.
Which airline is that?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: United 1K
Originally Posted by EWR764
Which airline is that?
i'm an idiot. i posted pics from my ANA leg. brb, editing.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I thought all transcons/Hawaii (2300+ miles, I think) on UA got appetizers and true sundaes, though?
Hahahaha ... I can't remember the last time I got a sundae on DEN-HNL (much less HNL-DEN). I did get a decent lunch for LAX-HNL but no sundae on that flight either.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by beeasyed
i'm an idiot. i posted pics from my ANA leg. brb, editing.
It looked really nice, though!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Hahahaha ... I can't remember the last time I got a sundae on DEN-HNL (much less HNL-DEN). I did get a decent lunch for LAX-HNL but no sundae on that flight either.
Heck, even my HNL-EWR last year did not get a separate appetizer or a sundae. It was salad, entree, and sorbet for dessert. I found the portions to be quite small; thankfully the rear galley on the 764 still had leftover entrees.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA GS
OGG-SFO in F. Choices of chicken breast with orzo or portabello mushroom and cheese ravioli. Both options were really good. Awesome crew that kept the drinks flowing.
tstauck likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Any recent reports of late night (after 9PM) premium transcon flights?
Sausage and pepperoni calzone, quite good.
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Date: Feb. 27, 2019
Route: DEN-SFO
Flight Number: 428
Departure time: 3:45 p.m.
Meal description: Snack

Good old Southwest chicken (the other choice was a cheese plate); I like it still as it's light and the chicken is decent quality. The caramel is OK but feels very chintzy. The mid-afternoon 787-8 departure to SFO is a nice treat (I believe it only operates on Wednesdays).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:04 pm

Date: Mar. 3, 2019
Route: SBA-DEN
Flight Number: 5533
Departure time: 4:00 p.m.
Meal description: Dinner

Another sighting of the no-oven pasta salad served on mealtime RJ flights (this was an E175); this is presumably from the LAX kitchen as the aircraft rotated LAX-SBA-DEN and no food is catered at SBA. The salami is cut up and mixed in more. It's a bit bland, though, but quite filling. A squeeze of lemon might have helped. The salad was OK but the dressing far too sweet for my taste. The other choice was a chicken salad that had chicken served separately from the greens and no extra side salad like the pasta. I think it had some crackers as well.

Service was odd; hot towels and (cold) nuts came after the meal. Redwood Vineyards cab is pretty downmarket but drinkable. The Christie cookie was delicious!
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
How do these meals compare in general to the food you can get at the gate?

I guess there's stuff like sandwiches and salads that you can get to go and take on the aircraft or some sit-down meals available.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by Kurt
Another sighting of the no-oven pasta salad served on mealtime RJ flights (this was an E175); this is presumably from the LAX kitchen as the aircraft rotated LAX-SBA-DEN and no food is catered at SBA. The salami is cut up and mixed in more. It's a bit bland, though, but quite filling. A squeeze of lemon might have helped. The salad was OK but the dressing far too sweet for my taste. The other choice was a chicken salad that had chicken served separately from the greens and no extra side salad like the pasta. I think it had some crackers as well.
The salad as a whole doesn't look half-bad. The salami looks absolutely awful though. Then again, it's not easy getting good Salami in the USA.
"Columbus Salame Secchi Fiore" being one of the few great ones, but I guess we'll never see such quality at United.
I digress...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-YYZ-IAH March 3-6

#1 on the UG list on the way up but the comped large Wente cab was a decent consolation prize (no BOB offered; I guess one has to ask). On the return, scrambled eggs with sausage, asparagus, and potato wedges. Not bad. Other choice was fruit and oatmeal. Rare biscuit offerings on this flight.

Old Mar 6, 2019, 3:29 pm

I might have to order some from Amazon - it gets very good reviews.

Originally Posted by narvik
"Columbus Salame Secchi Fiore" being one of the few great ones, but I guess we'll never see such quality at United.
I digress...
narvik likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
Veggie Wrap as Snack

DEN-IAH yesterday and DEN-RIC Monday had a "veggie wrap" as an option for snack service.

I shockingly enjoyed it and the mystery sweet red sauce, but I ate them so quickly that I did not figure out what was in them.

The flight attendants did not know either.

Any ideas of the ingredients and what is in the red sauce?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.