Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
United's Choice Menu for Inflight Meals Economy Dining Page (Includes current fresh product (Bistro on Board/BoB) and snack offerings (Snack shop) with pictures and prices)

Related threads
2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
and the 2018 thread is here:2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PTahCha
9 JAN 2019 LAX-EWR breakfast

Choices were eggs or French toast. Standard cut fruit and yogurt. The tray is going to look a little weird since this was a Premium Plus seat.

Is this actually something like scrambled egg over potatoes? How did it taste?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DELee
Yah, but it's the same food as the rest of E+.

If UA's gonna charge more for a P+ booking (whenever), then they'd better also ante up on the mean service.

David
I don't know — I'd say UA has a lock on mean service!
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flaii
The chicken was Indian butter chicken, and the vegetarian was this vegetarian Indian dish. Both these entrees have this "Rajbhog Foods" label on top, and my guess is that the flight attendant might have grabbed the wrong one because it looks so similar to the butter chicken one. Though you mention that you looked at the "aluminum cover" so your situation very well could have been different
That’s interesting - Rajbhog Foods is a fairly large Indian foods distributor in the NJ/NY area. I’m guessing they have some kind of agreement with Chelsea to provide these meals? Curious to me that you got their food on a route from IAD - does Chelsea cater for IAD as well? Totally speculating but the airline supply chain is fascinatingly complex!

Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by DELee
Yah, but it's the same food as the rest of E+.

If UA's gonna charge more for a P+ booking (whenever), then they'd better also ante up on the mean service.

David
Originally Posted by fumje
I don't know — I'd say UA has a lock on mean service!
Yep - they mean what they says about their meals - and they really mean it!

David
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
I got the chicken parmesan sandwich on an IAH-LAS flight two Sundays ago (after having to flag down an FA to order it when nobody took any food orders for our row with the first drink service). It was good comfort food in the sky, made more interesting by a roll nicely flaked with rosemary; would order again.

thejaredhuang likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Is it my imagination, or is UA cutting back on BoB items stocked per flight? In 2 of the last 3 regular mealtime flights, the cheeseburger and chorizo sandwich options were gone by 3rd row of economy. Neither the chorizo or oats were available sitting in 9C 7:30am 739 EWR-LAS (10th passenger to be asked). Ended up w snack box. FA did give me 2 OJs and 2 Wheatley’s. Said there were only 4 chorizo sandwiches and 3 oats stocked - seriously?

OT - pilot said we’d be putting into “D58 - Dog 58”, which I thought a strange call sign substitute - until I realized maybe he didn’t want to say “Delta”.

Edit: Sent a note to 1Kvoice this morning and within 3 hours got a $100 ETC and assurance that my whining about inadequate catering would be forwarded to "Inflight Dining Service". I just think there should be choices left on the "Choice Menu" past the 2nd or 3rd row of economy. ETC was a bit more than I expected, but I'll pocket it

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 16, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:52 pm

Programs: UAL 1KMM,Hilton Diamond
Agreed I think we were in a

same experience with BOB. I got the banana pudding soufflé for breakfast. Good news I was close to the front of Y. She said they had only loaded 4 or 5 sandwiches and the same number of soufflé

i think it was a 757. She gave the 1k beside me two cocktails and two boxes. She was embarrassed but said it was happening frequently.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by santarosaflyer
...Good news I was close to the front of Y...
So was I. Unfortunately (for me - and the 137-149 passengers after me), 4 of the first 9 coach passengers served opted for the catered supply of Chorizo sandwiches. This just seems like genuinely stupid catering.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 9:16 am

The “Select” snack box is marketed as gluten-free but it includes chocolate chip cookie bites.

Has anyone confirmed that these are gluten-free?

I recently flew SFO-IAD and the flight attrendent mentioned that they only packed 7 each of the burgers and chicken Parmesan sandwiches. I couldn’t eat them but felt bad for those who were likely requesting them beyond the 5th row in economy.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dmurphynj

That’s interesting - Rajbhog Foods is a fairly large Indian foods distributor in the NJ/NY area. I’m guessing they have some kind of agreement with Chelsea to provide these meals? Curious to me that you got their food on a route from IAD - does Chelsea cater for IAD as well? Totally speculating but the airline supply chain is fascinatingly complex!

Interesting indeed! I had to check up Rajbhog Foods after reading your post - they even have retail stores and eat-in restaurants in NJ, NY, TX, GA, and NC. Didn't expect that!
dmurphynj likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cosme
The “Select” snack box is marketed as gluten-free but it includes chocolate chip cookie bites.

Has anyone confirmed that these are gluten-free?

I recently flew SFO-IAD and the flight attrendent mentioned that they only packed 7 each of the burgers and chicken Parmesan sandwiches. I couldn’t eat them but felt bad for those who were likely requesting them beyond the 5th row in economy.
Yes, they are marketed (certified!) as gluten free.

The primary flour is from rice.

(Not commenting on whether or nt they taste good.)
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flaii
Interesting indeed! I had to check up Rajbhog Foods after reading your post - they even have retail stores and eat-in restaurants in NJ, NY, TX, GA, and NC. Didn't expect that!
It's not Michelin Star quality food but still pretty good... especially for airline food! NJ has a very large Indian population, so I'm lucky enough to be able to get great Indian food pretty much anywhere, anytime.... If I flew international flights more often, I'd setup my profile for the veg meal.... but I'm all domestic, so that's not a help.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 8:51 am

Can someone clarify for me please? So from what I’ve gathered both Premium Plus and Economy Plus get complimentary meals. Is this correct? Is there any difference in terms of service between the two? And what routes / flight lengths receive these complimentary meals in each?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by TheFlyGuy1992
Can someone clarify for me please? So from what I’ve gathered both Premium Plus and Economy Plus get complimentary meals. Is this correct? Is there any difference in terms of service between the two? And what routes / flight lengths receive these complimentary meals in each?
Premium Plus (PE) is expected to get a meal service similar to that in the Business cabin (plated with glassware, similar schedule). However, there is no PE soft product until April and if you are seated in a PE seat today, you will get the same meals and service as Y.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheFlyGuy1992
International long-haul routes (all economy gets comped meals in one form or another) and Premium Transcon (Economy Plus). Not domestic or short int'l.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 28, 2019 at 12:51 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.