Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
United's Choice Menu for Inflight Meals Economy Dining Page (Includes current fresh product (Bistro on Board/BoB) and snack offerings (Snack shop) with pictures and prices)

Related threads
2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
and the 2018 thread is here:2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: united
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Any experience on UA122 the daytime IAD-LHR? I am on this flight Saturday. It lists breakfast service. IMO UA breakfasts are on the skimpier side. Should I bring some snacks?
In Y, the breakfast should be a small omelette or a tray full of small pancakes or french toast, usually accented with some sausage, and a fruit cup or yogurt. You will probably get a small snack like a ham and cheese pretzel roll before landing at Heathrow.

It's just never a bad idea to bring some snacks when traveling transatlantic Y.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by dilanesp
That's outrageous. The enhanced meal is part of what you paid for/were entitled to. If they ran out of domestic F meals and had to give an F passenger a snack box from Y, I would think that would merit compensation. This is the same.

Heck, United volunteered me $100 in compensation when the IFE system was having problems on an SFO-EWR flight, and I was in coach!

I am shocked that anyone in UA thinks substituting down to the meal from a lower class of service isn't a downgrade.
Thanks for the commiseration. Agree - they give people more for broken IFE or WiFi.

What a truly good FA would do is see if they had extra breakfast in Polaris and substituted that. That would be classy move and provide the "customer delight" that is the goal of retailers/service industry organizations. I think United often forgets about the end goal is to create positive emotional attachment, goodwill and loyalty towards the airline.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Thanks for the commiseration. Agree - they give people more for broken IFE or WiFi.

What a truly good FA would do is see if they had extra breakfast in Polaris and substituted that. That would be classy move and provide the "customer delight" that is the goal of retailers/service industry organizations. I think United often forgets about the end goal is to create positive emotional attachment, goodwill and loyalty towards the airline.
That should be the start.

And if no Polaris meals are available, they ought to be empowered to literally serve you the travel certificate along with the Y meal and an apology.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: UA
United flies more than 440,000 people per day. They absolutely don't care if someone gets mad about a meal not delivered as promised.
ARR72 likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilanesp
That should be the start.

And if no Polaris meals are available, they ought to be empowered to literally serve you the travel certificate along with the Y meal and an apology.
The agent wrote back with a variation of the same drivel about apologies that your first choice wasn't available and she'll pass the message along to the catering manager (= recycle bin). I said considering people get more compensation for unreliable WiFi and IFE and they didn't pay for it (can get WiFi refund), it is inane customer service. She considered the matter closed. Pathetic. What's $25 bucks for a couple thousand miles for comp considering United is doing great even with the MAX issues. The company really doesn't care about anyone other than Global Services nowadays.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by CApreppie
The agent wrote back with a variation of the same drivel about apologies that your first choice wasn't available and she'll pass the message along to the catering manager (= recycle bin). I said considering people get more compensation for unreliable WiFi and IFE and they didn't pay for it (can get WiFi refund), it is inane customer service. She considered the matter closed. Pathetic. What's $25 bucks for a couple thousand miles for comp considering United is doing great even with the MAX issues. The company really doesn't care about anyone other than Global Services nowadays.
I would try once more on Twitter.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.5MM, HH Diamond
1Nov19 UA433 BOS-SFO
752 pmCO, Breakfast

After takeoff: Beverages & choice of: Stroopwafel / Pretzel / Biscoff
Breakfast, choice of: Egg Scramble / French Toast, served with Greek Yogurt (Strawberry Chobani) & Fruit Salad (Pineapple & Grape)
FA's come done the aisle few rounds of water and coffee throughout the flight
Arrival snack: Kind bar (caramel almond & sea salt)
Old Nov 22, 2019, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

EWR-SFO Economy Plus/E+

Cheesy chicken orzo was the main. Pretty tasty. Usually things in sauce don't get all dried out and rubbery. Other choice was some sort of non-meat pasta. With first drink service they gave out NibNibs. There was a Kind bar with the last drink service.

Old Nov 25, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Premium Transcon Eastbound E+ Meal: soba noodles with two pieces of beef

EWR Eastbound Trans-Atlantic Economy Kosher Meal: pasta with meatballs

EWR Westbound Trans-Atlantic Kosher Economy Meal: chicken goulash and rice

Premium Transcon Westbound E+ Meal: cheesy chicken orzo
dilanesp likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
12/04/19: UA 653 LAX-IAD
Lunch

My first shot at an "Everything Bun Burger":

Was challenged for ambient light when 39L closed the window. Finally resorted to the overhead light which was poorly aimed.

Bun was tasty but this burger really needs the lettuce and tomato. And regular ketchup and regular mayo given the overall flavor profile of the bun.

David
Old Jan 20, 2020, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted - wrong year.

Last edited by CApreppie; Jan 21, 2020 at 9:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.