Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DELee
United's Choice Menu for Inflight Meals Economy Dining Page (Includes current fresh product (Bistro on Board/BoB) and snack offerings (Snack shop) with pictures and prices)

Related threads
2019 Let's Eat - United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service
2019 Let's Eat - Polaris Business
and the 2018 thread is here:2018 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)
Print Wikipost

2019 Let's Eat - Economy Class (Domestic & International)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
UA252 - HNL-IAH Brioche cheeseburger Beef patty and fontina cheese on a brioche bun.
Served with Sir Kensington's ketchup, mustard and chipotle mayonnaise on the side. Lettuce, tomato and pickles available upon request. Not bad.
Glad to hear you got the lettuce, tomato and pickles. I heard a FA say a few weeks ago they no longer provide this.

Last edited by bman1002; Mar 10, 2019 at 10:17 pm Reason: extra comma
Old Mar 10, 2019, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by bman1002
Glad to hear you got the lettuce, tomato and pickles. I heard a FA say a few weeks ago they no longer provide this.
Yeah it's included. I flew ex-HNL and they put it in a generic food service grade Ziploc bag. When I got it in February it came in a small tray one would find in a meal tray.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bman1002
Yeah it's included. I flew ex-HNL and they put it in a generic food service grade Ziploc bag. When I got it in February it came in a small tray one would find in a meal tray.
I've never had success in getting the lettuce and tomato. It never seems to be boarded on the flights where I've opted for the cheeseburger.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, and the question at hand is which will it be, and how can one know in advance?
You can see it in the flight status, about 48 hours in advance.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: None yet
Originally Posted by fumje
Yes, and the question at hand is which will it be, and how can one know in advance?
You can see it in the flight status, about 48 hours in advance.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:27 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
UA 957 GVA-EWR 0915-1335 767-300

Annoyingly this is a breakfast flight. Choice of a bacon and egg scramble or a chocolate crepe. The entree was good though the fruit were awful.

Before landing. Not much food overall for a nearly 9 hour flight
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: United GS; AA EXP; Marriott Ambassador
Agree that departures from Europe are annoying; not enough food even in Polaris.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
SAN-EWR
7:00am departure

Sitting in the emergency exit. They only boarded 3 of the Egg Scramble. By the time they got to me, they only had the overnight oats. Really poor planning on UA's part.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
SAN-EWR
7:00am departure

Sitting in the emergency exit. They only boarded 3 of the Egg Scramble. By the time they got to me, they only had the overnight oats. Really poor planning on UA's part.
I had a similar experience on DEN-RDU in January and sent a friendly note to UA saying how they should cater more hot meals on a midcon. Didn’t ask for any comp, though ended up with a $100 ETC as an apology.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

I had a similar experience on DEN-RDU in January and sent a friendly note to UA saying how they should cater more hot meals on a midcon. Didn’t ask for any comp, though ended up with a $100 ETC as an apology.
Glad you suggested this. I wrote in as well, pointing out the issue with inadequate number of meals catered, and didn't ask for any comp. I received the same ETC as well.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
A few meals in the back...

2019-03-05 UA1811 LAX-EWR E+ breakfast: Eggs or Pancakes - got the "Tuscan Skillet"

2019-03-08 UA1460 EWR-LAX E+ Dinner: Chicken or Pasta - selected the "Chicken Strips Swimming in Cheese Sauce"

2019-04-02 UA768 SFO-BOS E+ Breakfast + a BOB: Again went with "Eggs" and also received a Flatbread Sandwich

2019-04-05 UA2400 BOS-SFO E+ Dinner: Went with "Chicken Butter"

2019-04-09 UA285 IAH-DCA Y "Dinner": FA serving BOB turned left and asked 21DEF what they wanted & served them before canting his head right toward 21ABC. 21D got the last of 3 cheeseburgers catered for this dinner flight Was given the "Wrap" as a 1K in 21C

One additional meal flight in Y but no pics.

2019-04-11 UA1448 IAD-LAX - last flight out of IAD to the west coast and sitting in 21C again. Brought on board a set of korean bulgolgi tacos since I knew there wasn't going to be much. Was asked for my snack box option and given the requested Tapas Box as a 1K. Finished off the tacos, kept the box and then headed both aft as well as forward with two bags of easter chocolate (dark sea salt with caramel centers chocolate bunnies and mini milk chocolate easter eggs). Was then gifted a calzone from F by the Purser in exchange for the eggs...

David
kaffir76 likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA just replaced the chicken and bacon wrap with "chicken tinga tacos," which I tried on my way home from SFO last week. Verdict: meh. The filling ("Chicken tinga, white rice, diced chicken, Monterey Jack cheese sauce, black beans, roasted red bell peppers and green salsa") is not at all substantial, the rice seemed a better fit for a burrito, and the outer edges of one of the two tacos had dried out from the heat. I suspect I would have liked the wrap better, but now I'll have to wait for that to make its return to the BoB menu at some unknown point in the future.

Old May 15, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
OGG-LAX Cheeseburger. Hit jackpot with veggie baggie - 3(!) pickle slices, 2(!) tomato slices. But no cheese on the cheeseburger. Actually was annoyed at first, then happy because I really didn’t need it. Shiner Bock (spent 30 long years in Texas and it’s one of the few things I really miss) to wash it down.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM
I am fairly new to UA and shocked they don't offer food Midwest/South/East Coast to Hawaii. Those are long flights, and the competition on DL, AA, and HA all offer free food for economy. I wonder why UA hasn't added it to catch up?
Old May 16, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I am fairly new to UA and shocked they don't offer food Midwest/South/East Coast to Hawaii. Those are long flights, and the competition on DL, AA, and HA all offer free food for economy. I wonder why UA hasn't added it to catch up?
UA is currently conducting a trial with free sandwiches (slightly better than TPAC mid flight) for departures from ORD and IAH, likely due to AA offering free food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.