Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What would your GS program look like?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jpezaris
Fewer members ... really? I rarely see more than 1 or 2 GS during pre-board, ....
Are you flying hub-to-hub or hub to major international airports (LHR, FRA, NRT, HKG, SIN. PVG, PEK, ...) routes with significant business travel?
Old Dec 30, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jpezaris
Fewer members ... really? I rarely see more than 1 or 2 GS during pre-board, and as a 1K, I'm usually really close to the cutoff for upgrades (either just above, which means all GSes are happy, or left in the dust at #1 , which means that all GSes are happy, too).

What sort of jam-packed GS competition exists that us lowly 1Ks don't get to see?
there are a lot of GS heavy routes with plenty of GS in the back. Recently on a paid J BOS-SFO I saw at least 10 dark blue seats in the back ...
Old Dec 30, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Do DL and AA provide lounge memberships to their GS-equivalent passengers?
My understanding is that AA's Concierge Key members get complimentary Admiral's Club membership (and you don't have to be flying AA to use the club).
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
IMO UA should publish and raise the bar. It would generate more certainty and thus more potential revenue. LH has a consistent and high bar for HON, no reason why UA can't do something similar incl. the 2 yr qualification period. Make it $100k and 400k PQM over a 2 year period or something like that; all on UA metal only (and provide a tracker for that).
LordHamster likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Well as a lowly 1K MM, how about abolish GS entirely and get rid of Platinum too while they are at it.
onthesam likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Provide some guidelines for qualification.
On a side note stop selling day passes for UC. They are all over crowded.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I am currently far from ever being GS on my current travel habits, but if I had a hand in the program from the UA corporate side, I would like to see it focus on improving the travel experience of GS who fly a lot of paid premium fares. UC access on domestic First tickets, and some way of LH FCT style boarding, maybe only for int'l flights as resources could permit, but imagine if the typical GS boarding experience was to wait in the lounge to be driven to your flight (boarding last), with a space reserved for you in the OHB or your bag placed up ahead of time. Things like that.

I think to go overboard in that area they would have to cut down on the number of GS -- I imagine a place like SFO has hundreds of GS board every hour (at peak) so they couldn't possibly provide that much dedicated attention. But my general understanding is that LH treats HON similar to paid F, and it seems like UA could afford to veer more in the direction (and it would be even more exclusive now that UA no longer has F).
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LordHamster
Make pre-board and picking former GF seats a GS exclusive. No 1Ks allowed.
Or at least open up the GF seats for 1Ks at a later stage, e.g T-48.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: UA: 1K 1.5MM, DL: LTDM 3.5MM, JB: Mosaic4, LH: exSEN 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite, Hertz PresC
GS qualification on prem fares only (similar to LH HON)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.