Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Asking for specific hotel during MX IRROPS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asking for specific hotel during MX IRROPS?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
That section refers to cash compensation relating to delays or cancellations, not expenses such as meals, hotels, etc.

The major non-LCC U.S. airlines have, for years, all provided meal and/or hotel vouchers in the event of a delay or cancellation within the airline's control. (The LCCs might, too, but I have no experience with any of them.)
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by joe_miami
That section refers to cash compensation relating to delays or cancellations, not expenses such as meals, hotels, etc.

The major non-LCC U.S. airlines have, for years, all provided meal and/or hotel vouchers in the event of a delay or cancellation within the airline's control. (The LCCs might, too, but I have no experience with any of them.)
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. I've been lucky, and it's been a few years since I've experienced a real IRROPS situation (and it was with an ULCC--never again)--and probably more than a decade with a legacy carrier.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
I’ve always requested specific hotels in IRROPs and have a 100% success rate. Also a 100% success rate linking in my hotel loyalty program to get benefits and stay credit.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Interesting comments here regarding travel insurance and unexpected overnights. Does anyone have experience with the MP Explorer Card in this regard? From the benefits pamphlet is this-
What is covered? You are covered for reasonable additional expenses, including but not limited to meals, lodging, toiletries, medication and other personal use items that you encounter due to a Covered Hazard delay, as long as the services were not provided free of charge by the Common Carrier or any other party.
The "as long as the services were not provided free of charge" clause might create issues by default? They could claim it to be UA's standard policy to provide rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.