Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
Originally Posted by mpw81
Can't you get from T7 to TBIT airside now with the connector? No need to shuttle, but it's a hike.
Yes, you can get their airside (I.e. not having to re-clear security), but it's a good 15 minute hike at a brisk pace. While the restaurants there are worth it, the Korean Air lounge (since OP is a Priority Pass member) is not. They are also restricting access to specific times, so if you choose to visit this lounge, check the PP app for the entry times.

If you simply want to get away from the hubbub of the terminal, visit the Alaska Lounge in T6 with your Priority Pass. Not the best lounge, but if you're just looking for an escape, private bathrooms and a soft drink/coffee/snack, it'll fit the bill (assuming they are accepting PP members when you want to visit).
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by shadabing
The Centurion Lounge is amazing in TBIT.
Also, there is NO Centurion Lounge @ TBIT. One has been announced but still a long way from opening.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
I have a flight coming up in a few days and just double checking: LAX-EWR in Y, * Gold, no UC membership.

Departing from T7 - are there any other lounges I can access that are closer than TBIT?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, National Executive, United Gold
The AC MLL in T6. I've never been to the MLL, but I've always thought the *A lounge was worth the walk to/from the UA gates.

Originally Posted by tstauck
I have a flight coming up in a few days and just double checking: LAX-EWR in Y, * Gold, no UC membership.

Departing from T7 - are there any other lounges I can access that are closer than TBIT?

Thanks in advance.
tstauck likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by 764toHI
The AC MLL in T6. I've never been to the MLL, but I've always thought the *A lounge was worth the walk to/from the UA gates.
Thanks for the quick reply!
- Tom
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I've been to the MLL. It's small and nothing special. If you have the time and energy, the trek over to the Star Alliance lounge is still a better option.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I've been to the MLL. It's small and nothing special. If you have the time and energy, the trek over to the Star Alliance lounge is still a better option.
Totally agree with the above... my new routine for any UA flight out of LAX is to go through security at TBIT or TSA precheck at T4 with my UA mobile boarding pass to avoid a long walk TO the *A club, requiring only a 15-20min walk to T7/8 for my departing UA flight.
tstauck likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 12:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer

Totally agree with the above... my new routine for any UA flight out of LAX is to go through security at TBIT or TSA precheck at T4 with my UA mobile boarding pass to avoid a long walk TO the *A club, requiring only a 15-20min walk to T7/8 for my departing UA flight.
There is precheck available at TBIT - when facing the checkpoint from the main level, turn left instead of right and take the escalators at the left end, which goes to the precheck line, which is usually completely empty. That will avoid an extra walk from T4, and any risk of a wait at the T4 precheck line. Do not use the TBIT escalators on the right side that feed into the general security line.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
There is precheck available at TBIT - when facing the checkpoint from the main level, turn left instead of right and take the escalators at the left end, which goes to the precheck line, which is usually completely empty. That will avoid an extra walk from T4, and any risk of a wait at the T4 precheck line. Do not use the TBIT escalators on the right side that feed into the general security line.
Yes, I should have mentioned TSA Precheck at TBIT... The times, however, can be spotty, despite what the TSA website says. I've arrived early morning and NO Pre-Check was available, and had to go through regular screening. Luckily due to early morning time and not many departures at that time, was still through in less than 5 minutes.

Also, the RIGHT side of TBIT now does have Pre-Check (used it last week for a 12p departure)... but again, I think it depends on the time of day!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:15 am

No problems accessing the AC MLL lounge in T6 this morning as * Gold, flying in Y LAX-EWR. As of this morning, clean and not crowded.

- Tom

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tstauck
No problems accessing the AC MLL lounge in T6 this morning as * Gold, flying in Y LAX-EWR. As of this morning, clean and not crowded.

- Tom
Just curious why you would bother since there is essentially nothing there aside from a very pathetic offering when compared with the UC or *A lounges.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Just curious why you would bother since there is essentially nothing there aside from a very pathetic offering when compared with the UC or *A lounges.
UA *G doesn't get access to the UC on a domestic itinerary, and the *A lounge is a 20 minute walk each way, compared to maybe 5 to the MLL.

(Edited to clarify I was referring to UA *G, which the relevant poster is)

Last edited by docbert; Feb 7, 2019 at 10:02 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by docbert
*G doesn't get access to the UC on a domestic itinerary, and the *A lounge is a 20 minute walk each way, compared to maybe 5 to the MLL.
Good point.

There's also the curiosity factor. Personally I like checking out new lounges for myself.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
When I went through LAX last month I didn't have any issue with getting into the UC as *G OZ (Lifetime Diamond Plus). The *A rules say that only UA *G doesn't get club access on purely domestic UA flight itineraries. I haven't tried the AC MLL at LAX so I can't comment on that one. The only airport I've had an issue with UC access has been EWR(go figure) who didn't believe that OZ was a *A member (excuse du jour) , fixed with a manager in a couple of minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.