Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, skymiles, AAdvantage, continental one pass, ANA, Hilton, SPG
Unhappy Flying UA from LAX Terminal 7, lounge options if not eligible for UC?

I searched the forum but couldn't find the specific topic. Probably cause i'm dumb. I'll take that. Wondering if anyone knows the answer to this...

We fly out of LAX terminal 7 today on UA. We are first class UA but no a club membership, don't have 1k or anyting. Just used points to get the reward seats. I do have the AA Executive Master Card... A Priority Pass Card.. An Amex Paltinum. Looks like none of them are getting me into anything... correct? I won't pay for access. I can suck it up but was just curious if that's the bottom line.

In advance, thanks for your input. FT is a great site and truly a place where people learn from one another like we should in cyber space.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
You have no access to any lounges in T7 proper, but Priority Pass will grant access to the Alaska lounge in T6, the KE lounge in TBIT (limited hours), and there are reports that domestic F will get you into the *A lounge in TBIT.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: UA 1k Million Miler
check out the united meet up thread above and see about getting in as a guest
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:07 am
Original Poster

thank you findark and n9536j!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by shadabing
I do have the AA Executive Master Card.
This should get you into the Admirals Clubs in T4 and T5.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Would a domestic ticket in F give the OP access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in T6? (This is a question - I'm actually not sure!)
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by findark
Priority Pass will grant access to the Alaska lounge in T6,
If AS Lounge does not have the "No PP sign" outside.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...space-118.html
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by safari ari
If AS Lounge does not have the "No PP sign" outside.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...space-118.html
When I was there last month no access to PP.
Artpen100 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Toronto1970
Would a domestic ticket in F give the OP access to the Air Canada Maple Leaf lounge in T6? (This is a question - I'm actually not sure!)
No.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

update: you don't need the lounge. they overhauled the terminal so well that we all got a meal, then picked up a couple items in the Hudson News shop and only had another 30 minutes before the flight. I think only the internatinal lounges, centurion lounges or amazing lounges overseas are really worth it. Just my 2 cents.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 12:43 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Thanks for updating the thread. Many UA Club members, myself included, believe that the remodeled LAX T-7 United Club is one of their better designs; but given some of the remodeled general spaces in T-7, it's not worth going to different terminals to get the same type of basic airline club snacks.

Moreover, many airline clubs are restricting admission of even paying members to those having a same day boarding pass on the airline of the Club. UA will start this rule in November and others have already started.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:11 pm

Shameless plug : In case anyone is interested in *Gold lounges in the US, us UA elite domestic flyers have access to, I've created a spreadsheet that answers that question.

Some highlights from LAX:
  • Star Alliance lounge at TBIT (short hike from T7 to TBIT)
  • Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge @ TBIT (short walk from T7 to T6)

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 1, 2019 at 4:45 pm Reason: OT (non-LAX) content removed
Old Jan 1, 2019, 1:26 pm

According to Nerd Wallet, DL is now not selling single-day Club passes either by cash or miles.

UA is bound to do the same at some time in 2019.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by j2simpso
Shameless plug : In case anyone is interested in *Gold lounges in the US, us UA elite domestic flyers have access to, I've created a spreadsheet that answers that question.

Some highlights from LAX:
  • Star Alliance lounge at TBIT (short hike from T7 to TBIT)
  • Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge @ TBIT (short walk from T7 to T6)

Safe Travels,

James

I did research and knew of all the great lounges in TBIT. But why would i ever hop a shuttle to get to that lounge and then back to united with my family? Makes no sense. Also know that in TBIT has many more then the ones you mentioned. The Centurion Lounge is amazing in TBIT. There's many partner lounges in TBIT. TBIT is its own world. I appreciate the feedback but inside of the United Terminal there is really no choice. I chase the points... not the elite status because i don't fly enough (yes, i use the right credit cards for everything). But i just want to fly my family in comfort. Looks like less and less domestically can we expect to get into lounges. oh well.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Can't you get from T7 to TBIT airside now with the connector? No need to shuttle, but it's a hike.

Last edited by mpw81; Jan 4, 2019 at 10:45 am Reason: Typo

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.