Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pilot didnt show up today at SAV - 24 Dec. 2018

Pilot didnt show up today at SAV - 24 Dec. 2018

Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LarryJ
For an 8:00pm departure, the flight duty period would start at 7:00pm. They'd have to be scheduled to block in by no later than 7:00am the next morning. Even at that, there'd be no margin for even a single-minute delay on the departure/taxi-out on the return flight.

OK, I talked to some friends and now i know what it is called:

ODAN flight - On Duty All Night

Basically as long as they return home before they time out - 12 hrs I think - it is legal - the hotel time doesn't count towards any rest (This I knew)

I just didn't know the flights had an official name or the fact they are much more common than I realized - just not so much in CHS anymore as we got big enough to have multiple mainlines and time for crews to get proper rest here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.