Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Employee Incentive Plan Announced: Skift

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New UA Employee Incentive Plan Announced: Skift

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Post New UA Employee Incentive Plan Announced: Skift

In changing the program, United is placing less of an emphasis on operational performance, such as on-time arrivals or the number of canceled flights, and slightly more on customer satisfaction. All eligible workers can earn $125 per month if United hits its new marks, similar to before.

The new plan will place more of a focus on service, and employees will be able to earn the biggest extra chunk — $75 per month — if United raises its customer satisfaction scores by one point, year-over-year.“Our goal for 2019 is to achieve a [satisfaction] score that’s at least one point higher than in 2018, and we’ll share monthly goals as we go,” Gebo said.Employees can also earn $50 if United tops its three main competitors — American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Southwest Airlines on D0, an airline term for flights that depart exactly on-time or early “These are two metrics that we can all influence, whether we interface directly with the customer or support the operation behind the scenes, and they both reflect our commitment to serving our customers,” Gebo said.

https://skift.com/2018/12/22/united-...arrival-goals/
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by prestonh
All eligible workers can earn $125 per month if United hits its new marks, similar to before.
I can't imagine $125/month will change anyone's behavior.
TIAman, Beltway2A, Miggles and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
As I understand it replaces the 'lottery' program Kirby announced earlier this year that was set to replace the previous incentive program which was credited for improving the on-time metrics.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
According to Glassdoor, the average annual total pay for a United FA is $54,600, which is $4,550/mo. If my math is correct, $125 represents a 2.7% increase in pay.

Would I be nicer to people for a 2.7% increase in pay? Yeah, probably.
tuolumne and LAX_BillyJoe like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 9:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by Catbert10
According to Glassdoor, the average annual total pay for a United FA is $54,600, which is $4,550/mo. If my math is correct, $125 represents a 2.7% increase in pay.

Would I be nicer to people for a 2.7% increase in pay? Yeah, probably.
I don't think your math accurately reflects reality. While it's easy to reduce the situation to "would I be nicer for 2.7% more money" changing an absolute to a percentage isn't accurate. UA isn't going to top Delta anytime soon, so at best they're working with $75. After tax, it's going to be close to $56. Would you spend a month busting your ... to be nicer to entitled jerks to get an extra $56? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Miggles and sonofzeus like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:01 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
.... UA isn't going to top Delta anytime soon, ....
While past performance is no guarantee of future results, this slide from UA's 2018Q3 earnings call presentation might say something different about UA's D:0 performance possibilities and suggest the full $125 bonus is possible.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 22, 2018 at 10:12 pm Reason: added year
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Does this apply to regionals as well? Had two people ask a flight attendant on a recent flight for her name. It was not for complimenting her (she was fine to me, she was however pretty rude to the two people who were complaining).
Old Dec 22, 2018, 10:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by atsak
Does this apply to regionals as well? ...
Regional / United Express employees are not United employees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.