Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Adds 11 New Routes from Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles & Washington,DC for 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Adds 11 New Routes from Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles & Washington,DC for 2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Not exactly the most thrilling new routes for me. I suppose ORD-GJT gives an additional option for times I visit Arches National Park (I usually connect in DEN, and occasional IAH), but it's only a Saturday route.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 10:25 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by lazytom
Wow, EUG is becoming a United mini-hub - after adding LAX we now also get ORD service :-)
Now if the CRJs could just be permanently removed... the new mainline service billboard is a poke in the eye after spending 3 hours in 13A.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
When oh when is US going to restore PDX-LAX on a mainline a/c? It's getting more pathetic by the day to see routes like EUG-LAX but no PDX-LAX. UA has lost 10 PDX-LAX-PDX flights to AA from me in 2018 and will likely loose 15+ more in 2019....
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Angry

Originally Posted by findark
Obligatory "but still no LAX-PDX..." :P
Also no LAX-PHL.

The IAH-ONT flight timings strike me as odd for just one flight a day.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:32 am

Programs: AC SE
Nice to see the YHZ-ORD, and the E175 is a great bird for that route. UA had been gradually reducing many of their Canada routes in the past few years, so nice to see them start to rebuild some of their footprint to provide a decent alternative to Air Canada. Hope to see them reinstate EWR-YYT at some point too (perhaps seasonal, E175 route).
Old Dec 20, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

(sigh) Still no love for FLG.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by kale73
(sigh) Still no love for FLG.
DEN-FLG starts 3/31/19
exerda and kale73 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, M life Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Not one of those is mainline. Wow.
I know. May as well title it "Skywest adds new routes." I'm not sure this really good news from a UA standpoint.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Good to see another LAX intra-CA flight. Now we only need SJC-LAX back!
Considering how well Allegiant has done, I'm a bit surprised it has taken UACO so long to get back to Stockton, but even with subsidies United couldn't make flights to/from MOD work.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: united
ONT-IAH is really huge for everyone in the Inland Empire. That basically gives ONT a bunch of great 1-stop connections to everywhere in Latin America and the Southeastern US, and increases our options on Europe (we used to have to go through SFO or DEN). It also puts UA in a great competitive position with AA, which has ONT-DFW flights. (It probably increases the likelihood that DL will add ONT-ATL flights too to compete.)
Old Dec 20, 2018, 6:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smxflyer
DEN-FLG starts 3/31/19
How did I miss that one? Awesome! Is it seasonal or year-round?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smxflyer
DEN-FLG starts 3/31/19
Sweet!

Originally Posted by exerda
Haven’t seen any details at united.com, but FLG Pulliam website has

Originally Posted by City of Flagstaff
Starting March 31, 2019, the Flagstaff Airport (FLG) will partner with United Airlines to provide daily non-stop service to Denver International Airport (DEN). This flight will provide an additional carrier for the Flagstaff Airport and a new market for United Airlines. This route will fly seven days a week, with two flights per day departing in the morning and mid-day on an ERJ-145 aircraft that can accommodate 50 passengers.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's loaded into the schedule as a year-round flight.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by dilanesp
ONT-IAH is really huge for everyone in the Inland Empire. That basically gives ONT a bunch of great 1-stop connections to everywhere in Latin America and the Southeastern US, and increases our options on Europe (we used to have to go through SFO or DEN). It also puts UA in a great competitive position with AA, which has ONT-DFW flights. (It probably increases the likelihood that DL will add ONT-ATL flights too to compete.)
The trouble is the flight schedule. Yes,
you have more options, but only if you want awful layovers.

Mexico and Central America are good, though return connections might be a few hours long. Europe and South America both require ~12 hour connections, at least in one direction.

I often fly IAH-PSP, when it’s sasonally available. Was excited to see the ONT add, though given the flight schedule on the ONT-IAH leg you won’t be seeing me on it!
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Not exactly the most thrilling new routes for me. I suppose ORD-GJT gives an additional option for times I visit Arches National Park (I usually connect in DEN, and occasional IAH), but it's only a Saturday route.
Only Saturdays? How disappointing...and completely useless.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by chavala

Only Saturdays? How disappointing...and completely useless.
Obviously not useless for people going for a week or more!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.