Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:00 am

I received a Platinum kit a couple weeks ago. But I'm 1K. And I reached Platinum and 1K within 10 days of each other on the same reservation in November. So I have no idea why I got a Platinum kit at the end of January.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tapeguy
As I said above I requalified for 1K at the end of the year, today I recieved a Platinum kit. I requalified for Plat in Oct 2018. I got 5 more drink chits to add to the 10 from the 1K kit.

United needs to update the database, it would save them money.
I only got 5 drink chits in my 1K kit this year.

Then again, we also get an expires-at-end-of-flight drink chit for EVERY flight we take this year, so...
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
Originally Posted by 8MiHi
MMs should be given a permanent or long-dated card.
FWIW...that is exactly what AA is now doing...LT Plat get card with no expiration date. Presumably, ‘one and done’...
8MiHi likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:54 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
I havent received anything yet, but am wondering if my 2018 Platinum drink coupons which expired 31 Jan will still be usable - any thoughts?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
I havent received anything yet, but am wondering if my 2018 Platinum drink coupons which expired 31 Jan will still be usable - any thoughts?
The expiry is (almost) never a problem.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:38 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Second year in a row that I haven't received anything for my MP Gold status.

Actually, that's not quite true: Last year, after a lengthy back and forth exchange e-mails about getting a kit, they sent me a MP Gold membership card...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by 1984SW
Second year in a row that I haven't received anything for my MP Gold status.
PMCO had drink coupons for Gold and even Silver at one point if I remember correctly as well as bag tags with your name printed on them.

I look forward to trying my digital card in a *A lounge in Europe in April.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Say Vandelay
I look forward to trying my digital card in a *A lounge in Europe in April.
Please report back, maybe take a picture of the lounge dragon shaking their finger "No!" at you. :-) I'm wondering if any *A are matching UA status right now so I can get a physical card for some upcoming travel. :-)
Old Feb 23, 2019, 4:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
FWIW I had no problem using my digital card at the Avianca lounge in MEX earlier this year. And it's been years since I've needed to show a card in Europe, just last month I visited a number of LH and LX lounges and my boarding pass was sufficient.
cranky1K and abaheti like this.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: UA 1k
I received my 1k kit in Kabul, Afghanistan today. According to the kit's postage, it mailed on 10 December 2018 and arrived via Afghan Mail in Kabul 3 weeks later, where it sat in customs to be checked and processed for two months (or for someone to show up and pay a bribe to have it released), but it just arrived on my compound today (again no bribe!).

Funny thing is...this is my 6th or 7th consecutive year at 1k, and yet this is the first kit that I've ever received. I've been abroad for 10 years now, and have always used my parents' US address as my permanent address. However they are in Florida during winters, and apparently the Premier Kits are not allowed to be mail forwarded; attempts to reach a solution (proactively calling 1k Line asking to mail the kit to a temporary address) was never accepted by UA.

With UA increasing the PQD requirements, it's now a challenge for me to meet the same PQD even though I easily surpass 100,000 miles each year, so I finally switched my registered address to my actual physical location (as opposed to the token US address). And now I get my first kit (and my first card).

Old Feb 28, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: UA MP (1K, 1MM)
Originally Posted by chaseUA
I received my 1k kit in Kabul, Afghanistan today. According to the kit's postage, it mailed on 10 December 2018 and arrived via Afghan Mail in Kabul 3 weeks later, where it sat in customs to be checked and processed for two months (or for someone to show up and pay a bribe to have it released), but it just arrived on my compound today (again no bribe!).
I received my 1K Kit in Suzhou China (100km west of Shanghai) today; it was mailed on January 10 -- so roughly 7 weeks to get here. Inside was my 1K card & 5 drink chits, and also a 1K card & 5 drink chits for my traveling companion (since I'm also a 1MM). The drink coasters were neat, but I'd be happier if the four of them were for places I visited before instead of random places I haven't been!
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Question: I've requested my Premier Silver kit on the Mileage Plus website late December 2018. 4-6 weeks was quoted as the delivery time and i'm still waiting. Does anyone know if there was delays? Should I call in?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Question: I've requested my Premier Silver kit on the Mileage Plus website late December 2018. 4-6 weeks was quoted as the delivery time and i'm still waiting. Does anyone know if there was delays? Should I call in?
Call in if you really need the luggage tags and a bunch of advertisement. Silvers don't get a membership card.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Call in if you really need the luggage tags and a bunch of advertisement. Silvers don't get a membership card.
Just wanted to add to my collection of useless things. Cheers
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Heffeh41
Just wanted to add to my collection of useless things. Cheers
I have a box filled with luggage tags and membership cards starting from the 90's. Lots of different airline and hotel companies.
Say Vandelay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.