Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
ON the phone last night with United. Inquired about GS kit. Said all would be out by 2/15/19. Said they were running behind.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Could any GSs' post pics of the GS kit?

David
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Received my 1K kit in the mail 24 hrs after I got the GS invite. Should I expect a GS KIt? If so what is it?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 26, 2019 at 2:51 pm Reason: split post
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
My 1K kit arrived yesterday. I like the new coasters.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:13 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I think they changed the luggage tag design.. new 1K tags look like they are ready to break easily.
(left tag is new one, right tag is older version)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
I know it's not 1/31 yet but...

Is anyone else out there whos 1K kit hasn't shipped also not seeing an updated virtual card?

Last edited by onthesam; Jan 27, 2019 at 2:40 pm
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
What I know is that United is not sending the plastic cards anymore to members that are not at least Platinum. In 2018, some Golds have been able to obtain cards sent to them when they complained that they were refused entry in some lounges (example: the Lufthansa Senator's Lounge) without the actual card.

I don't know what the cut-off level will be for 2019. But, if you are Gold, write with a compelling enough reason to obtain one.
From my attempts so far to get a real 2019 card, the fact that we're being refused entry in Star Alliance clubs without one does not seem, to COdbaUA management at least, to be "a compelling enough reason."
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:46 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Counsellor
From my attempts so far to get a real 2019 card, the fact that we're being refused entry in Star Alliance clubs without one does not seem, to COdbaUA management at least, to be "a compelling enough reason."
Which *A lounges are doing this in 2019? Perhaps we should start a thread on problematic lounges? And see if this is getting better with time.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Which *A lounges are doing this in 2019? Perhaps we should start a thread on problematic lounges? And see if this is getting better with time.
And in that thread, there should be a sample of an email to be sent to United.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:04 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Started a thread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rd-2019-a.html
hopefully it goes unused.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA (1K, 2MM), AA, Avis, National
Originally Posted by onthesam
Is anyone else out there whos 1K kit hasn't shipped also not seeing an updated virtual card?
My kit is still pending as well. All e-cards update on February 1.
onthesam likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:29 pm

Started a thread -- https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...rd-2019-a.html
hopefully it goes unused.
I hope so, too. I was asked for the card as recently as last month, but my 2018 Mileage Plus Premier Gold card is still good (until the end of this month) so I was able to comply.

When it expires, I'll carry it anyway since even though expired it will confirm that I am a Million Miler Gold, and that may do the trick.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, CM PP
My GS kit arrived today in Chicago. No surprises. Just as others have described. One distinction between 1K and GS kits is the use of a black tone (GS) as compared to blue tone (1k) on the city map coasters. I actually like the blue better and find it to be an odd way to provide an element of distinction to the kits. They could have done so many other or additional things. Especially since most of the coasters will end up being thrown out IMO. I like maps more than most and prefer them to the skylines, but I find the graphic design and branding to be less than stellar. They won’t be sitting on my coffee table.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Got my GS kit in Houston today ^
Love the coasters, all familiar maps to me except Rio.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 7:51 pm

I got a packet but it is for Platinum. I made 1K mid-december, assuming the production of the packets didn't account for late qualifiers. Will I get a second packet with 1K tags, drink coupons etc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.