Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Manual request for luggage tags

logged in to mystatus.united.com for a requalifying gold member and saw that after the welcome letter popped up, there's a button to request luggage tags. Clicked it and it said will be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Looks like a cost saving measure to not deliver anything to requalifying gold members unless they manually request something.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA PPro, TP Gold, UA Silver, Bonvoy/Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by VWang1111
logged in to mystatus.united.com for a requalifying gold member and saw that after the welcome letter popped up, there's a button to request luggage tags. Clicked it and it said will be delivered in 4-6 weeks. Looks like a cost saving measure to not deliver anything to requalifying gold members unless they manually request something.
Well, at least you got a welcome letter/option to request a luggage tag!

I went from Silver to 1K in 1 program year, but I never received my Silver and Gold membership kits... :/
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by JMBResona
Well, at least you got a welcome letter/option to request a luggage tag!

I went from Silver to 1K in 1 program year, but I never received my Silver and Gold membership kits... :/
Sure you did, your online card updated in the app which is all silver and gold get in the year for the year. Would be more concerned with the plat/1k membership kits that actually have something of "value" like a physical card, drink chits, or the 1k handle wraps. The lowly silver/gold bag tags are worthless and no physical card unless you beg.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Requalified 1K early last month. Kit received today in HNL. Four blue coasters with international destinations this time in the same or similar box as for 2018.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Here’s a photo of the coasters. Sorry, posting from a mobile device and can’t figure out how to re-size. What’s odd is that the coasters are different than those given to others (looks like others might have rec’d the ones from last year—the domestic city coasters). Maybe they know who re-qual’d and who are first time qualifiers or had a gap year?

GRB051111, BeeeJay and narvik like this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I have not received mine as of yet. I believe it was sometime in mid January when I received mine for my 2018 credentials.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 12:46 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
1K packet arrived yesterday, Dec. 26
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by slippahs
What’s odd is that the coasters are different than those given to others (looks like others might have rec’d the ones from last year—the domestic city coasters). Maybe they know who re-qual’d and who are first time qualifiers or had a gap year?

I received mine yesterday (12/26) with same international coasters as you. I got coasters last year, but I gave those away so I can't be sure they were the domestic destinations.

Old Dec 27, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Interesting. I got black domestic coasters, same as last year.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by MCLC
I received mine yesterday (12/26) with same international coasters as you. I got coasters last year, but I gave those away so I can't be sure they were the domestic destinations.

I appreciate the different international coasters. Was a little worried it was going to be the same domestic coasters. I wonder if they have a list so that next year requal'd 1ks get yet another 4 cities.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, as compared to last year, no kit status provided on mystatus.united.com.

That being said, _exactly_ 1 year later (12/27/18) after I received my 2018 kit (12/27/17), I found the following hot* little 2019 1K kit in my mailbox:

And it has the new coasters! (Sorry, Miles Ahead)

*: mailbox was in full sun!

David

p.s. Not wanting to upset anyone's nation state status size, but my Singapore coaster is smaller than the others...FWIW

Last edited by DELee; Dec 27, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AS, HH, UA, IHG
Received my 2019 1K kit today after qualifying for the first time in mid/late November. Same kit as posted earlier today. Unfortunately no handle wrap included and not requestable until Feb; have a bunch of ERJ flights in January.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by slippahs
Requalified 1K early last month. Kit received today in HNL. Four blue coasters with international destinations this time in the same or similar box as for 2018.
So that was what my +1 was referring to months ago (cheesy bar coasters)
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
Received 1K kit yesterday. International coasters.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Alright, I'm feeling blind. Where can you check the shipment status on https://mystatus.united.com/ ?

I wasn't sent anything physically when qualifying as Platinum for the first time (drink tickets?). I am now 1K and still have not seen anything.

Can somebody send a screenshot of where I should be looking? I'm on desktop version of the mystatus site... Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.