Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 7:23 am
formerly skyccord

Programs: United Premier Platinum, Hertz President Circle, Marriott/SPG Premier Plat Elite, Avis Preferred
Received it yesterday.

Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
i received my 1k kit last week. physical card is valid thru 1/2020 but it came in the 2018 kit

card valid thru 1/2020

Last edited by perkele; Dec 22, 2018 at 6:42 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ozstamps
...Have not seen one for years and printing out one on copy paper, as UA website unhelpfully suggests, seems a bit Air Bhutan, to me anyway...
As digital technology progresses and is accepted/implemented, the actual possession and use of physical cards will eventually seem a bit "Air Bhutan", as you put it.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Anyone know what email to use to request a real plastic member card these days?

Have not seen one for years and printing out one on copy paper, as UA website unhelpfully suggests, seems a bit Air Bhutan, to me anyway.

Just had an issue getting into Asian Lounge her in Seoul as our next flight is Ethiopian Air in Biz to Addis Ababa (Star Partner) but Asiana can't see their systems they say, and cannot issue boarding passes.

Asiana in Sydney could not that either which was odd but they could and did check bags thru to ADD. Go figger.

Anyway, is there an EMAIL address likely to actually generate a hard plastic card these days?

Thanks in advance!
What I know is that United is not sending the plastic cards anymore to members that are not at least Platinum. In 2018, some Golds have been able to obtain cards sent to them when they complained that they were refused entry in some lounges (example: the Lufthansa Senator's Lounge) without the actual card.

I don't know what the cut-off level will be for 2019. But, if you are Gold, write with a compelling enough reason to obtain one.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:30 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
When I first qualified for *G at the end of 2017, I never got a "welcome kit" so I corresponded with MP several times, verifying my mailing address (in Thailand) repeatedly. Finally, I got a package from MP. They sent me a plastic MP card. LOL Never did get the welcome kit. So, they *can* send a card to MP Gold if they want to.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I once met an LH gate agent who was shocked to learn UA doesn't issue physical cards to all members. I was asking her to add my MP# to an LH reservation when she asked for my card.

I have my MP# memorized and since I'm not >*G the card would honestly be useless anyways.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by StuckinITH

I don't know what the cut-off level will be for 2019. But, if you are Gold, write with a compelling enough reason to obtain one.
I am a lifetime Gold, Multi Million Miler.

WHAT email address does anyone suggest to use?

No free 800 numbers from here, and to spend 15 mins on phone on my dime, on such a routine request does not appeal.

Battled for 15 mins yesterday in Korea to access Asiana Lounge, on Valid Star Biz tickets on * partner Ethiopia Air, that Asiana could not "see" and do not need the agro.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Anyone gotten their 1K kit yet? Anything "special" like last year with the coasters?

No free 800 numbers from here, and to spend 15 mins on phone on my dime, on such a routine request does not appeal.

Battled for 15 mins yesterday in Korea to access Asiana Lounge, on Valid Star Biz tickets on * partner Ethiopia Air, that Asiana could not "see" and do not need the agro.
You could use Skype which allows free calling to 1-800 addresses.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 7:22 am

I would sign up for Skype as dinoscool3 suggested. If not go inside the united website to the "Contact Customer Care" page. Fill in the form and put your request for the card. Make sure you indicate that you have been denied entry in some Star Alliance lounges.

https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/customer/customercare

Are you sure that there are no free 800 numbers? I remember receiving a card indicating how to access the free 800 number from many international locations. I have to find the card but I had written down how to do it from China and Germany, my most frequent international destinations even though I do have Skype.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I have never used Skype and am not starting simply because UA cannot offer a working email address.

There are ZERO free USA number from Australia.

And i do not want to waste 15 mins on the phone, free or not.

I would not have typed that if there were.

If you think there are please post them here to assist others.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:04 pm

I have never used Skype and am not starting simply because UA cannot offer a working email address.

I was going to look for that card but it would take me more time than 15 minutes to find it and since you don't want to waste 15 minutes on the phone, free or not, I don't see why I should waste more than 15 minutes to do it.

Just use the customer care fill-in-form and hopefully you'll get a Gold card in the mail.
cawhite, chavala and SFOdelayed like this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:32 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat

MP Service Center provides multiple means of contract

Including web messaging
They response to the email you provide.

Additionally , if you prefer to use a phone, you typically can contract the reservations number in your local and ask to be transfer to the MP Service Center (in reality MPSC keeps USA hours but there is a backup team that handles calls other times)

1K/GSs are provide international contact numbers
cawhite and chavala like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 22, 2018 at 1:44 pm Reason: international phone numbers
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: None anymore
Can't you just show your phone with the UA app and show your electronic card? That has all the info and shows if you're star gold or not, that's been enough for me with Asiana before.

Back on topic, I haven't seen where I can track the status of my premier kit shipping... nowhere on the status tracker tool.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry

i use the Telstra international free service if I’m out or if I’m home I have free international on the nbn fibre

its not a 1300 or 1800 but the calls are free

i get a warning from he 1K number that it’s not free from united but it’s free from Telstra so free is free

the 15 minute wait is for gold , that won’t change with free or not free

can you hit 1K flying AirNZ

Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Topic Check

This thread is getting a bit off topic and a few posters removed. The thread topic is about receiving 2019 premier membership kits and their contents. As is, also, how to contact MileagePlus for Gold cards (which has been answered). Let's stick to discussion related to the membership kits. If you wish to discuss other topics, either use an existing thread or open a new thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.