Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA Plat
Originally Posted by wco81
Any Gold get their kit yet?
I got mine last week. It was the same mailer as above pics with the single gold luggage tag, no physical gold card.

I qualified for Gold in Oct 2018. Clicked on the ship luggage tags link sometime probably early Dec. The mailer took ~3 weeks to arrive.

Tag is super cheap, very small, wasn't worth clicking on the link to have it shipped.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Lynnie_Bee
I got mine last week. It was the same mailer as above pics with the single gold luggage tag, no physical gold card.

I qualified for Gold in Oct 2018. Clicked on the ship luggage tags link sometime probably early Dec. The mailer took ~3 weeks to arrive.

Tag is super cheap, very small, wasn't worth clicking on the link to have it shipped.
Even the 1K tags are super cheap, very small however at least they don't have to be requested. We still have tags on our luggage from the 90's that are way better.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Would anyone mind telling me where their kit shipped FROM? I'm in the middle of a move and have a USPS delivery notice for my other house - but I can't really tell what it is until I fly there. I can see the tracking history and what city it was shipped from though. Thanks.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
Would anyone mind telling me where their kit shipped FROM? I'm in the middle of a move and have a USPS delivery notice for my other house - but I can't really tell what it is until I fly there. I can see the tracking history and what city it was shipped from though. Thanks.
MileagePlus Service Center
P.O. Box 1394
Houston, TX 77251-1394

David
Old Jan 11, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: United GS/MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by shelby101
Has anyone received a 2019 GS welcome kit?
If so what was the contents?
Thanks
Haven't received anything yet, received the re-qualification in early December.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:44 am

Hit Gold August 2018, Plat mid-December 2018. Got my Gold kit yesterday as my "2019 Membership Materials". Suggestions??

Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
I also qualified early December, received email notification, phone call and this week an email letter from Oscar - but not kit yet.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:21 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LarrySinNJ
Hit Gold August 2018, Plat mid-December 2018. Got my Gold kit yesterday as my "2019 Membership Materials". Suggestions??

So does mystatus.united.com correctly show Platinum? If so, they probably just sent the first kit and will be sending the Platinum one afterwards; most of the December qualifications won't have received kits yet (I know I haven't).

If not, check with the Mileage Plus Service Center to dig into why not and see if it can be fixed.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My 1K kit arrived today. Nice box, little note from Oscar. Usual stuff, my coasters are Amsterdam, Auckland, Rio and Singapore. Mine are all the same size.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by milepig
My 1K kit arrived today. Nice box, little note from Oscar. Usual stuff, my coasters are Amsterdam, Auckland, Rio and Singapore. Mine are all the same size.
I will say that the coasters this year appear to be slightly thicker, and the general look/feel of them is a tad sturdier vs. the SFO/LAX/NYC/BOS set from last year. I also like the design better (I'm a fan of urban map layouts).
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA
When is premier material mailed ?

https://mystatus.united.com/
Your kit status:
Pending
Your Premier 1K membership materials are being processed. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
I called up the 1K line and she said that the status would say something like "mailed" if the material has actually been shipped.
II made 1K early december (again), with 4-6 weeks delivery, this will not arrive at european delivery address before 1/31/2019....

Can't quite remember prior years.

Whats others experience getting their kit in time before 1/31, especially overseas ?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 13, 2019 at 9:14 pm Reason: moved to existing discussion
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The Swedish postal service received my membership materials but they want to assess a duty and an administrative fee for the pack. United puts the coasters + luggage tags at a value of $6.00 USD so the duty wasn't bad on that, but the administrative fee was ridiculous. I asked United to re-send to my office in the US so I can pick it up the next time I'm there, but they refused... so I have to decide if those drink coupons are worth it. How many do you get?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Lore
The Swedish postal service received my membership materials but they want to assess a duty and an administrative fee for the pack. United puts the coasters + luggage tags at a value of $6.00 USD so the duty wasn't bad on that, but the administrative fee was ridiculous. I asked United to re-send to my office in the US so I can pick it up the next time I'm there, but they refused... so I have to decide if those drink coupons are worth it. How many do you get?
10 drink coupons for 1Ks. First time that I read someone abroad having to pay those fees for the UA kit.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
10 drink coupons for 1Ks. First time that I read someone abroad having to pay those fees for the UA kit.
Yeah, first time they levied duties on the material also. I don't know why they set a price on the thing - it should have just been written up as membership paperwork.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Lore
Good to know that United really splurges on its 1Ks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.