Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Duke777
Qualified for 1K in Mid-November (after dropping to silver last year). Received my packet around Christmas containing Auckland, Rio, Singapore, and Amsterdam coasters. Nice touch this year.
You missed the nicer ones United gave last year. With the skyline images of New York, Boston, Los Angeles and San Francisco.

I would have preferred a skyline image of Rio de Janeiro with the Corcovado or the Pao de Azucar. On the map, the only thing I recognize is the Bridge to Niteroi.
Duke777 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by qisu
Got my 1k kit today. I had made 1k in november and gotten my 1k kit shortly thereafter. Today's is a duplicate 1k kit which I was not expecting.
I would be happy to do my part by relieving you of the weight of those extra coasters
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:56 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I just got my 1k package today.
Interesting choices of cities if you ask me, not United's most frequented destinations.

AMS: Tons of flights, from EWR, ORD, SFO, IAH and IAD, pretty robust schedule!
SIN: Two flights per day, both from SFO.
GIG: A only one flight per day, from IAH. UA has a much more robust presence in Săo Paulo.
AKL: Currently daily, but come 30 Mar, only three flights per week, from SFO.

Are these supposed to be cities that they're trying to drum up interest in?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K | MR Platinum
This is my first year having anything higher than platinum. Was I supposed to receive a kit when I hit that level and then a second for 1K? Or do they just send one out EOY for the highest level you received? I qualified for plat in September, 1K in mid-December.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:29 pm

Programs: UAL 1k, AA Gold, Delta Silver
Reached 1k in Sep 2018, received 2018 1k kit around October, domestic coasters. Received the 2019 1k kit today, international coasters. Apologies for the blurry image.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mtftw
This is my first year having anything higher than platinum. Was I supposed to receive a kit when I hit that level and then a second for 1K? Or do they just send one out EOY for the highest level you received? I qualified for plat in September, 1K in mid-December.
If you started the year with a status lower than Plat, then you should have gotten a Plat kit. If you had been a Plat beore Septemebr, then no new kit until the standard January process. You only receive a kit mid-year if you achieve a status higher than you started the year at.

However, later in the year (such as December) UA stops sent out kits and waits till the normal process in January. (probably later January in your case)
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM *G
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
If you started the year with a status lower than Plat, then you should have gotten a Plat kit. If you had been a Plat beore Septemebr, then no new kit until the standard January process. You only receive a kit mid-year if you achieve a status higher than you started the year at.
Actually I am a 2018 Plat from 2017 and requalified in Oct. Got the Plat kit a few weeks ago. Qualified for 1K before EOY so pending a new kit.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:37 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SF_DUKE

Actually I am a 2018 Plat from 2017 and requalified in Oct. Got the Plat kit a few weeks ago. ..
That is not standard. Requalifiers don't get mid-year kits. That is done in January.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:11 am

Programs: UA 1K & Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
Reached 1k in Sep 2018, received 2018 1k kit around October, domestic coasters. Received the 2019 1k kit today, international coasters. Apologies for the blurry image.
was the card in the first kit good thru 1/2019 or 1/2020?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:40 am

Good through 1/2020
perkele likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by BlueSky72
Good through 1/2020
Heck, I just crossed into 1K territory and my updated electronic MileagePlus 1K card says "Valid through 01/2019".
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:41 am

I’m sure it will update this month.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
First time 1K. Received my kit today.
Qualified end of November. Houston area.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Heck, I just crossed into 1K territory and my updated electronic MileagePlus 1K card says "Valid through 01/2019".
When did you cross into 1K?

David
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by DELee
When did you cross into 1K?

David
Monday. The electronic card changed to 1K as soon as the flight posted but the expiration is whacked out. Don't know what it was before the change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.