Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Counsellor
Let's use this thread to report actual delivery of the packets and comments about the kit contents.
Please no "nothing yet" posts , at least until we get to 31 Jan 2019, when that may mean there is an issue. UA just states you should get the kit in January.

In the past, UA has used mystatus.united.com to report shipment status of the kits.
Not confirmed yet, the link on mystatus.united.com for requesting luggage tags suggests there may be no physical Silver or Gold membership kits for 2019. Appears confirmed no Gold / Silver cards are requestable
Also new this year is the "welcome letter" on mystatus.united.com

Past years
2018 Premier Kits are Shipping - Have you received yours?

Have you received you 2017 Premier Kit-Post when you qualified and have received it

Receipt of 2016 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2015 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets

Receipt of 2014 MileagePlus Elite Card/Packets
Print Wikipost

2019 Premier Kit discussion - contents, pictures, actual delivery, ....

Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by nomad420
Still no GS kit as of yesterday, where on line does it even state it shipped? I looked and can't seem to find it. I will probably call just to see what's up as I have some TCON flights at the end of this week and it would be nice to have the card and tags although I guess in the end it doesn't really matter. .
Here's what it says on mine:

Its right at the bottom of the front page on mystatus.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3

Yeah, thanks but no such image on mystatus page so I called. They said it was just being processed and allow 4 to 6 weeks! I suspect this happened as I was probably one of the last people accepted into GS ior 2019. I was told that it really didn't matter and just give the GS people my MP # and that I was indeed in the system. I also of course have the digital card with the app so I guess that will also help. Getting the GS invite so late kind of screwed things up as I booked several RT flight to Hawaii through AS (currently no status) in January before getting the invite that I would have booked with UA had I know.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dinoscool3

I got this message recently, and no 1K kit, so I wrote in to 1K voice. Same thing happened last year. It took until March to get the kit (the second shipment).

I wonder if they changed their fulfillment service provider, as I'd never had a problem in getting the kits before last year?

UPDATE: Just got a reply from 1K Voice. They advise that the first date to order replacement 1K kits is Feb. 13. My replacement order is in the queue to go in then, and I guess I'll get something by March.

Last edited by transportprof; Feb 5, 2019 at 6:45 pm
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K - 2MM, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I picked up my kit last Saturday (2/2) from my PO Box. It was not in my PO Box the week prior. It took a while but it arrived. No worries.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by transportprof
I got this message recently, and no 1K kit, so I wrote in to 1K voice. Same thing happened last year. It took until March to get the kit (the second shipment).

I wonder if they changed their fulfillment service provider, as I'd never had a problem in getting the kits before last year?

UPDATE: Just got a reply from 1K Voice. They advise that the first date to order replacement 1K kits is Feb. 13. My replacement order is in the queue to go in then, and I guess I'll get something by March.
Got my kit just this afternoon, guess the website was faster than the mail system!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 9:25 am

I received my Gold kit yesterday. Nothing but the flimsy luggage tag. I was on the phone with United yesterday for other matters and confirmed that they will not send physical cards for Gold status.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: UA 1.65M , Platinum, 1K Emeritus, UC Lifetime , HHonors Gold, Presidential Plus card holder
As stated above my kit had not arrived by Monday. The MyStatus page told me to let them know that. They responded 36 hours later that I should contact them again on the 15th if it had not arrived by then and that I would be unlikely to receive the new kit until the end of March.
Of course the kit showed up in that day's mail. I let them know that.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
My 1K kit made it to China on the first try this year. Never shows up about 50% of the time and usually takes a month. Took about two weeks from website notification. I requalified for 1K last March.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:55 pm

Got my Platinum kit today. Two small luggage tags, same size as the Silver and Gold ones, plus 5 drink tix. No coasters!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
Received kit yesterday (requalified 12/25). USPS must've frisbee'd it at my stoop.

Interesting point of comparison:

The much larger/nicer United Club Card kit ships via UPS (not postal service) and is constructed using a much higher quality cardboard/paper stock. Also, with the loss of PZ searching, now has more benefits

Apologies in advance for the mediocre photos:

Last edited by onthesam; Feb 9, 2019 at 9:39 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:12 pm

I received my 1K kit today, even though it was supposedly shipped a month ago, according to the Premier status web site. Guess I'll cancel my request for a replacement kit, which I'd sent in via 1K Voice, as per the web site instructions.

My kit went had a Houston return address, but was posted from international shipping center in Minneapolis. Transit time in USPS and Canada Post was probably around 10 days, meaning that it took 2 weeks from when it left production until when it was dropped into USPS.

For the last two years, the shipment speed and reliability has dropped considerably.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 pm

This delightful package apparently arrived at my UK residence earlier today:

Sadly it was just the bag tags I ordered:

Why oh why can't UA send me the darn physical card if they're already sending out the bag tags I ordered. Why do they have to make this so hard for me?! Can't they understand I'm a lowly student who only spends $2,000 on K fares to re-qualify for Gold every year?! Platinum and 1K are stretch for me! Some people want to have a souvenir of their years on the hedonic treadmill that is airline status re-qualification!

-James
Say Vandelay and DCFlyIAD like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
Originally Posted by Huzordaddy
I received my Gold kit yesterday. Nothing but the flimsy luggage tag. I was on the phone with United yesterday for other matters and confirmed that they will not send physical cards for Gold status.
I had an email exchange with the service desk, explaining how I had been denied access to *G lounge by Lufthansa and that my phone won't run the app anyway. They said no card for Gold. When I asked if they could assure me of lounge access with *A carries, they said *G status prints on the BP. Of course, I know that sometimes it does NOT, and I know that sometimes even if it does the dragons ask for a physical card. So there you have it. So silly. I'd gladly even pay a few dollars for my card just to avoid hassles in Asia and Europe.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
I had an email exchange with the service desk, explaining how I had been denied access to *G lounge by Lufthansa and that my phone won't run the app anyway. They said no card for Gold. When I asked if they could assure me of lounge access with *A carries, they said *G status prints on the BP. Of course, I know that sometimes it does NOT, and I know that sometimes even if it does the dragons ask for a physical card. So there you have it. So silly. I'd gladly even pay a few dollars for my card just to avoid hassles in Asia and Europe.
I see an enhancement opportunity! Miles and co-pay for your card
abaheti likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: United, Delta, AA, southwest
Originally Posted by tapeguy
Requalified 12-30-18, got the kit 1-31-19. Web site never showed a shipping date.
As I said above I requalified for 1K at the end of the year, today I recieved a Platinum kit. I requalified for Plat in Oct 2018. I got 5 more drink chits to add to the 10 from the 1K kit.

United needs to update the database, it would save them money.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.