Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Pre Check has suddenly stop working?? (Fixed?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre Check has suddenly stop working?? (Fixed?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Originally Posted by boolean64
This. Same thing happened to me yesterday. Went to check in on the app and it asked for all my secure traveller data (gener, birthday, known traveller ID). Closed the app and logged into the desktop web browser and no problems...and once i checked in, the boarding pass showed up just fine on the mobile app including pre-check.

I also tried reprinting my boarding pass at the kiosk in case my phone battery died and got the same problem of no stored secure traveller data. So something is up with their system...but so far the desktop browser seems to not be broken.
Oh I am sure they can fix that so it is aligned with the app and the kiosk - differences in systems is never a good thing. jk obviously but it was my immediate thought.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Also happened to me yesterday. UA App asked me to input DOB/ID type/KTN. Doing this yielded a BP without Precheck. The agents at check-in said that it must be something inconsistent, but wouldn't look into it further. Nothing has changed on my side - everything is correct in my UA Profile, and nothing has changed in the corporate TA profile. Everything looks identical to my previous reservations and boarding passes.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I just checked in with precheck on mobile for what its worth. Was also asked to verify my passport.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by samwise6222
@ASKTSA on Twitter is your friend! They can look it up and tell you what's wrong vs airlines' standard answer of "we don't control the process" I've had issues with my precheck earlier this year, and they fixed it within an hour.

https://twitter.com/AskTSA/status/1065069851918647296
i came across the same advice in a web search last night. I had to sign up for a twitter account and than made inquiries through this portal. Even though they started looking into it around 6am they couldn’t get it fixed for today’s 3pm flight. Hopefully I will get it fixed for 2019 (done traveling by air for 2018).
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:10 pm

Definitely speak with an airline agent at check-in.

I've had pre-check inexplicably stop working on both Jetblue and Delta. In both cases it was because information in my profile got out of whack. If I recall correctly, one time my Known Traveler number disappeared, and the other time my birthday got messed up, and I either couldn't see the errors or couldn't correct them. Once the profiles were corrected, pre-check started working again.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA GS, Hyatt Diamond
Had the iPhone app ask me all those same questions when I tried to check-in this past Saturday. I then aborted the app check-in and used my laptop to check-in on the United website and had no problems. Then went back to the iPhone and downloaded my boarding pass through the app and had TSA Pre.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, I miss GS
Same thing with me checking in on the App for the last 3 check ins over the last week, asking for dob/KTN, etc. I stopped and checked in through website with no problems on my mobile BP Glad to see it's not just me. Oddly, It didn't show again on when I "checked in" again to do a SDC.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:30 am
Formerly UA Beta Insider
Company Representative, United Airlines

Programs: United MileagePlus
Hi all. There was a fix for the mobile app asking for secure flight details during check-in rolled out last night. As long as the details are already saved to your reservation, you should no longer be asked to complete them when checking in on the app. Please continue to report here if you still see this happening after updating your app, so we can look into the issue further.

Happy traveling.

Doug
UA Digital Insider
Silver Fox and windhund like this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I can confirm it's working normally again.

I just booked another reservation through my corporate TA that ticketed an hour later. I was able to check-in through the mobile app with no questions about KTN, birth date, gender, etc. I got Pre-Check as expected.

-RM
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA - Always
Thanks UA Digital Insider for the update.

I was checking into my flight 2 days ago and got the same set of questions. Luckily Pre-check worked for me then.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
@UA Digital Insider

looks like the problem hasn't gone away entirely.

​​​
For my travels tomorrow:

Desktop check-in emailed PBs with pre for all applicable (UA) segments (itinerary includes LX for which precheck is not shown). Mobile app however asked for KTN and does not show tsa pre on mobile pb for any segment.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by onthesam
@UA Digital Insider

looks like the problem hasn't gone away entirely.

​​​
For my travels tomorrow:

Desktop check-in emailed PBs with pre for all applicable (UA) segments (itinerary includes LX for which precheck is not shown). Mobile app however asked for KTN and does not show tsa pre on mobile pb for any segment.
LX should have pre-check. Ask them to re-print the BP on their stock when you get to your connecting airport.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: UA 1k; 1MM, HH Diamond; Hertz PC, Costco member
Only slightly OT - thanks to this thread I checked both my wife’s and my status and they both expire in 2 months. Given our planned flights, that would have been annoying ^. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.