Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Polaris Lounge -- Reviews, Experiences, Q&A, ...

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DELee
Any recommendations for LAX Polaris for breakfast?

David
I liked the Chilaquiles. Although I like croissants, nutella, and fruit; the PL somehow manages to butcher the execution.
Old May 13, 2019, 4:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HeadInTheClouds
I actually believe the complete opposite is true. I have never once had Clear make a difference at LAX in dozens of uses.
I have skipped lengthy lines in T2, T3, and T7.

The original comment was driven by transportprof's report of an 8 minute wait at T7 Pre this morning. That's fully consistent with what I've seen for morning T7 departures.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Assume that you walked upperlevel landside to T7. Any issues?

Any recommendations for LAX Polaris for breakfast?

David
As others have posted, there are bottlenecks on the upper (departures) level where people are milling about to use the Skycap luggage check-in at curbside. I navigated through one cluster while staying on the sidewalk, but at another, I had to go out into the roadway to get around the mob of people who were totally blocking the sidewalk.

Next time I would go airside at T6 to avoid the bigger of these bottlenecks, and hopefully to find less of a wait at PreCheck.

Breakfast was a disappointment after the excellent dinner I had a couple of weeks back. My recommendation for the Polaris Breakfast menu is to ask for the berry sauce on the side if you order the waffles. That sauce was one step short of being rancid this morning. My stomach wasn't affected fortunately, but it wasn't very tasty - and I wound up scraping off as much of the sauce as I could.

For tea drinkers, there is a warm pot of water but no boiling water to make proper tea with. In that respect, UCs are better. But I think there are several coffee and espresso options that are not available in the UC.
Old May 22, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
LAX Polaris dining menu right now:

Breakfast:

Not breakfast

Bibimbap, seafood boil & spaetzel:

"bread" pudding:

David
Old Jun 10, 2019, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Shots of dishes in the buffet and around the PL on 05/22/19:

Dessert:

Soup (cauliflower leek) and ragout (vegetable) + toppings:

More hot items:

Cheeses and tapenades:

Wraps (bulgolgi and Mediterranean veg):

Prepared salads (build your own set not photographed):

Shots around le Lounge:

Note that this is around 1745 so the lounge staff had yet to lower the blinds - and everyone on the west side next to the windows was squinting to read either their phones or laptops...

Also to note, few if any were serenading the rest of us with their phone conversations so a little better than what @Aussienarelle found @ SFO.

And, for those who require/desire the use of such a device, there is but one urinal installed in the restrooms in the lounge - go to the furthest left restroom:

Lastly, I much prefer LAX vs. SFO in terms of having a visible signal (red light = locked/in use; green light = vacant/available) on their restroom doors...FWIW

David
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:39 am

Shots of dishes in the buffet and around the PL on 05/22/19:

And, for those who require/desire the use of such a device, there is but one urinal installed in the restrooms in the lounge - go to the furthest left restroom:

Lastly, I much prefer LAX vs. SFO in terms of having a visible signal (red light = locked/in use; green light = vacant/available) on their restroom doors...FWIW

David
A much classier urinal than what they had in this very lounge back before it was converted to Polaris!! It had a green, "water saving dual function handle", with a sign next it instructing one to lift the handle up for #1 (liquid waste), and push it down for #2 (solid waste). I really hope nobody ever needed to push down. Southpark, Season 10, episode9 anyone?!
EWR764 likes this.

Last edited by Wx4caster; Jun 10, 2019 at 1:45 am
Old Jun 10, 2019, 6:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Is the lunch/dinner items served all day? Unless I've missed it, I'm not seeing a start time for lunch/dinner on the menu. Only that breakfast items are avail till 11.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
I have an upcoming NH F flight to NRT. I've never been to the LAX Polaris lounge or *A F lounge. Any recommendations for which one is better? I don't mind the walk.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by JHake10
I have an upcoming NH F flight to NRT. I've never been to the LAX Polaris lounge or *A F lounge. Any recommendations for which one is better? I don't mind the walk.
Polaris lounge is better than *A F lounge. In fact, in most respects, the *A J lounge is better than *A F lounge. *A F is just a small rectangular room adjacent to the J lounge (with separate entrance). It does have menu service and upgraded drink options, but the space and the buffet are considerably inferior to *A J lounge.
764toHI and JHake10 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Kacee
Polaris lounge is better than *A F lounge. In fact, in most respects, the *A J lounge is better than *A F lounge. *A F is just a small rectangular room adjacent to the J lounge (with separate entrance). It does have menu service and upgraded drink options, but the space and the buffet are considerably inferior to *A J lounge.
Good to know. I'll just originate at the UA terminal rather than TBIT. The reviews I read of the *A F lounge looked lackluster.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by JHake10
I would go for the *A lounge, particularly on a dry day, when the patio is open.

Have been to both the Polaris and the *A lounge recently (and to the latter many times before) and like the latter better. Have some a la carte food in the F-section of the lounge and then take some drinks to the patio. The food in the Polaris lounge is more or less on par with the F-section of the *A lounge, but can only be ordered at the depressive little dining room in the back of the lounge and often takes quite a while to come out. We were not too impressed.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
I would go for the *A lounge, particularly on a dry day, when the patio is open.
I like the *A J lounge as well. But the *A J lounge is much more crowded than the Polaris lounge, particularly prior to the two NRT departures, which I have found to be an uncomfortably busy time there.
JHake10 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Kacee
I like the *A J lounge as well. But the *A J lounge is much more crowded than the Polaris lounge, particularly prior to the two NRT departures, which I have found to be an uncomfortably busy time there.
You are right, the J lounge gets busy then. But with F access, one can go back to the F-section to get more food, decent champagne etc or enjoy some peace and quiet there, whenever you feel like it.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I've only been to the LAX PL lounge twice, but the LAX buffet is miles better than that at SFO. I don't even care for the desserts at the SFO buffet - and that is saying a lot for me!
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
A rather disappointing experience at LAX Polaris lounge today. Arrived at 830PM for dinner, think my order slipped and it took forever for food to come out. Didn't finish eating until 920PM. Food was very meh, not as good as when I ate back in April and not as good as EWR Polaris lounge. Then I went to the showers only to be told that they're all occupied and that they close at 930PM. Dining room also closes up around 940ish. The lounge closes at 1015PM, but extended tonight until 11PM-ish because of 2nd LAX-MEL which departs at 1155PM. (Last night's LAX-MEL was canceled, so they're operating 2 tonight).

Lounge was around 90% full due to SYD and 2x MEL. Looks like I'll have to shower at *A lounge (flying to HND on NH).

Food pics:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.